Author Topic: NEW "Military Class" Display  (Read 6890 times)

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
NEW "Military Class" Display
« on: February 22, 2011, 11:51:19 am »
Our “Military Class” within the events Show-Field for 2011 will be taken into a direction that our attending enthusiasts have wanted for many years.
Registering a “Military Class” Jeep will remain the same. However, once you are directed to the designated display area you will have some freedom to arrange your vehicle into what will be a “Living Display” of military history.
Enthusiasts and restorers of military Jeeps hold a passion of educating others at numerous events across the country. We want to bring that history, passion, and education to our Jeep Show for everyone to enjoy.

The assistance and coordination of this change is being promoted by a long term military Jeep owner that enjoys our event. Eric Thrush brought this to my attention and has my full support.
If you are one of the honored owners and enthusiasts of a military Jeep and wish to partake in this year’s display feel free to contact Eric by email doc@cavmedplt.com and discuss first-hand what is being planned.

For those that are NOT military Jeep owners I encourage you to take the time over the weekend to stop by and see the fine restorations of these historic vehicles.
The owners of these vehicles are eager to educate everyone on their many needed missions during their military service.

In addition: ONLY the "Military Class" registered Jeep owners will be voting among this classification for 1st-2nd-3rd Place. We've agreed that these Jeep owners are more knowledgable with military Jeeps and shall judge their own peers.
However, everyone else can vote for them for "Best of Show", "Ultimate Beater", and "Best Trail Ready" and they are also eligable for "Longest Distance Traveled".
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 11:42:42 am by Rick_Bear »
Do Your Duty And History Will Do You Justice...!
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...

Ron Allen

• PA Jeeps B.O.D.
    • View Profile
Re: NEW "Military Class" Display
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 06:29:19 pm »
Sounds great Rick. I do living history with mine but have never brought it to the show because I would hang out with it all day and not be able to be on the O coarse.
03 Rubicon Way Modified
44 MB WWII restored
46 CJ2A Locked,injected,Ready
13 F350 Tow Rig

docthrush

• View Profile
Re: NEW "Military Class" Display
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 09:30:00 am »
For whatever reason that email doesnt seem to be working. Please use eric.thrush@us.army.mil.