Author Topic: Parades  (Read 33171 times)

(Tattoo) Jack

• Jack Utter
    • View Profile
Re: Parades
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2011, 11:44:28 am »
Staging at Market and West?  :o  Wear your flak jackets!
Then again, it might not be so bad with safety in numbers.

I guess this is where that CC permit comes in handy...  >:D
The only way to know your limits...  is to surpass them!

Don't Shop - Adopt
   "Save Your Best Friends Life, Adopt a Rescue"
       If it's not a Dobermann, it's just a Dawg...

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2011, 03:58:37 pm »
I was very disappointed that only 3 club members showed up. Thank you Chris, Colli and Lori for comin out and decorating your Jeeps......we handed out candy and beads. The anouncer plugged the Jeep Show and talked about the club. We had a long wait to get started but once we started we had fun!
"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
89 V8 Yj, some lift, some tires and some extras!
96 Cherokee Sport (Daves beater)
1947 CJ2-A

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly,Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile

Death Wobble

• Angie Zinn - Wall St. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2011, 04:27:06 pm »
I was very disappointed that only 3 club members showed up. Thank you Chris, Colli and Lori for comin out and decorating your Jeeps......we handed out candy and beads. The anouncer plugged the Jeep Show and talked about the club. We had a long wait to get started but once we started we had fun!

Unfortunately, I had to work.  Then, Jon V. came in and told me that he forgot all about it.   ::)  I'm glad that you had enough Jeeps, anyway.  So, they let you hand out candy after all?  That's good! 

Did anybody get photos or video?
'88 XJ Limited:  4.5" ZONE lift, 32x11.5x15 BFG KM2s, JKS Quicker Discos, Kevin's Off Road rock rails.
'96 XJ Sport: 31x10.5 BFGs, 3" Rusty's lift.
Listen to Clutch.
(and your gut instincts)
CENSORSHIP IS UNAMERICAN!

Colli

• Newsletter Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2011, 08:52:43 pm »
I wouldn't say 2 Jeeps was "enough". It would have been nice to have a better showing.

I don't know if they "let" us hand out candy, but we did it anyway. I heard we were on TV, and here are a few pictures:

Colli Leighton
1967 Jeepster Commando Pick Up - work in progress
2000 TJ - trail rig (ample lift, 35" MTZs, 8.8 rear, 4.88 gears, 12 different soft tops)
2012 Ram 2500HD Crew Cab - tow rig
2015 Cherokee - grocery getter
Trailer - to tow my Jeeps around

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2011, 10:23:43 pm »
Thanks Colli for the pics I know Chris got some as well. 

As we were walking I could hear kids talking about how cool the Green Jeep was!
"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
89 V8 Yj, some lift, some tires and some extras!
96 Cherokee Sport (Daves beater)
1947 CJ2-A

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly,Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile

Death Wobble

• Angie Zinn - Wall St. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2011, 09:27:51 am »
Having that green Jeep was a must--I'm glad that Chris was able to make it!

Nice touch with the hats, girls!  Both decorated Jeeps looked great!  Cute teddy bear on the cargo rack!
'88 XJ Limited:  4.5" ZONE lift, 32x11.5x15 BFG KM2s, JKS Quicker Discos, Kevin's Off Road rock rails.
'96 XJ Sport: 31x10.5 BFGs, 3" Rusty's lift.
Listen to Clutch.
(and your gut instincts)
CENSORSHIP IS UNAMERICAN!

emgraz

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2011, 09:16:54 am »
Sorry...  Matt and I would have come out w/ the Green Sahara if we would have been in town!  :( 

Next year we'll have to plan better (Matt and I that is)!  :)

Looks like it was fun tho! 

Erica
Matt and Erica Graziosi

2000 Sahara with 3" BDS suspension lift, BFG mud terrain 33's, jks disconnects, Rhino Lining...(we're starting the JEEP mantra, we're emptying our pockets......)  ***Just added ARB Rocker Guards***

kmfm313

• Kim
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2011, 08:59:13 pm »
The jeeps looked great!!! Hopefully next time more of us will be able to make it. sorry i couldn't make it. hopefully next time. boys would def love it!
Kim Morder

Red02TJ

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2011, 09:25:11 pm »
anyone consider participating in red lion's memorial day parade? here's the info:

Memorial Day Parade and Memorial Service, Monday, May 30 10AM
The Red Lion American Legion Post 543 and the Red Lion Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 1446 will host the
annual Memorial Day Parade and Memorial Service on Monday, May 30, 2011. The Parade will form at
9AM on Horace Mann Ave. and step off at 10AM traveling as follows: north on S. Main St.; west on
W. Broadway; south on S. Franklin St.; east on Boundary Ave. to Fairmount Park. The Memorial Service will
be held at the completion of the Parade at the Red Lion Memorial Shaft, located on the Boundary Ave. side
of Fairmount Park. In case of very extreme weather, the Service will be held in the Auditorium of the Red Lion Senior
High School. We would like the community to participate with floats, antique vehicles etc. showing respect and
appreciation of those who have served in Armed Forces of the U.S. If interested in participating, please call the
American Legion at 244-4828. We are hoping to see most of the Red Lion Community attend to honor those who
gave their lives for us!
Larry Padre