Author Topic: 95 Cherokee brakes  (Read 5790 times)

wheelie

95 Cherokee brakes
« on: December 31, 2010, 12:19:56 pm »
    So, I need to go over/replace the calipers, rotors on my 95 Cherokee. Whose parts do you guys suggest? I tend to stay away from the Auto Zone, Advance Auto stuff. If i can upgrade to better stuff while I'm doing it, well why not? I see NAPA has some nice looking performance rotors. Just fishing for ideas and your personal experiences, good or bad, with these parts. Thanks.

Death Wobble

• Angie Zinn - Wall St. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 95 Cherokee brakes
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 02:56:22 pm »
I'm not sure what your aversion to Advance or Auto Zone is, but I've gotten a lot of decent parts there at fair prices.  In fact, I returned something to NAPA when I found the exact item much cheaper at Advance.  Not everything has to be top of the line for me as long as it's guaranteed and it fits!
'88 XJ Limited:  4.5" ZONE lift, 32x11.5x15 BFG KM2s, JKS Quicker Discos, Kevin's Off Road rock rails.
'96 XJ Sport: 31x10.5 BFGs, 3" Rusty's lift.
Listen to Clutch.
(and your gut instincts)
CENSORSHIP IS UNAMERICAN!

hillbilly

• adam lewis - appalachian american - B.O.D.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 05:56:46 pm »
i love autozone, now that said dont buy it from them. personal experience on these items are that they are junk, ive replaced them a couple times for the same part. but they come with a lifetime warranty. but i prefer fishers when it comes to the brake system. just my .02.
build it, beat it, break it, fix it, repeat
A member of the church requests to be buried in his jeep because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."
   91 xj 8.5" lift -33" x 12.50 and my own additions
 94 xj (wifes) 3.5" lift and the boys 1979 cj7

etaucher

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 01:24:34 am »
I don't see a problem with getting parts from both stores, most of there parts have the choice of lifetime warranty, spend a few extra dollars get the lifetime, that way you buy them once, an no matter how many times you replace them, there always free.
......Keep on Trucking......
-----------------------------------------
1993 Jeep Wrangler, 4.0L, Auto, 2" Shackle Lift, 31x10.50R15
-----------------------------------------
Edward Taucher

Rusty XJ

• Rickie Wilson Jr.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 09:30:25 am »
Back in 07 when I last replaced my pads and rotors on my 95 XJ I got them from Fishel Jeep, not to be confused with Fisher. When I got them the factory parts were cheaper than everyone else around. Although Fishel isn't exactly a Jeep dealer anymore.

I also suggest staying away from Wagner Thermoquiets (Thermosqueels). That's what we install at my work and it's insane how many we warranty for cracks and squeels.
Rick Wilson Jr.
Is that DEATH WOBBLE or did we just enter Pennsylvania?
'95 XJ 2 Door, 4.0, 5spd, 7" random lift, 35x12.5 BFG ATs, 4.56 gears, Dana 44 Mini-spooled, Dana 30 w/ Detroit Truetrac and manual hubs, Bushwacker Flares, Warrior Front Bumper, JCR Rear Bumper, etc etc...