Author Topic: Tire Question  (Read 5493 times)

j.haffly

• View Profile
Tire Question
« on: October 25, 2010, 09:54:17 am »
Not sure where to post this so figured it would be here....first off, good to get back on the forum again....things have been hectic with the new house...STILL....

Anyways, trying to get some info on the Maxxis brand of tires in general....cant seem to find any decent reviews of them on the 'net so figured I would ask the gang!

Thanks,
Jim
Jim "I'm Jonesing for some off-roading" Haffly

Lockers

• View Profile
Re: Tire Question
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 12:17:01 pm »

Try offroaders.com.  They have a tire review section with over 50 tires listed, Maxxis is one of them.
Dan McKenna

94 YJ - 4.5" RE lift, 35" Pit Bull Rockers, D44's w/ARB's, Warn Winch, 4:1 Tera Low
06 LJ - 4.5" RE Long Arm Lift, 33" BFG's, 
67 Gladiator - (Future Project)
07 Dodge 2500 CTD / Tow Rig

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 11:03:35 pm »
MAXXIS has been manufacturing excellent tires for 30 years. They are a HUGE sponsors/players in driving sports...Baja, Off-road, swamp...etc. etc.
When you get into their "siped" products...Nice...really nice.

All rubber these days is pricey, but you would be buying an excellent tire if you turn to MAXXIS.
Do Your Duty And History Will Do You Justice...!
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...

j.haffly

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 08:09:51 am »
TKS Rick....I'm going to get a set of them for the Rover....and when needed on the Jeep, I'll go with them also....they are priced right from what I can tell....There's a thing called "TireVan" where they come to you and mount and balance them, take the old rubber...I dont have to kill a Saturday....

Jim
Jim "I'm Jonesing for some off-roading" Haffly