Author Topic: 95 XJ Radio  (Read 4740 times)

Rusty XJ

• Rickie Wilson Jr.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
95 XJ Radio
« on: October 18, 2010, 03:24:52 pm »
I'm trying to put a radio in my XJ and having some power issues.  The purple and white wire for ignition switch seems to not be suppling power to the radio when turned on.  I put the multi meter to it and it starts out at 11.72 volts and just drops to zero over the course of a minute or so.  When I first installed the thing everything was peachy but 5 minutes after installing it it shut off and wouldn't come back on.  After that I hooked the yellow and red wires both into the constant 12v and it worked but doesn't turn off with the ignition. Any ideas on this one?
Rick Wilson Jr.
Is that DEATH WOBBLE or did we just enter Pennsylvania?
'95 XJ 2 Door, 4.0, 5spd, 7" random lift, 35x12.5 BFG ATs, 4.56 gears, Dana 44 Mini-spooled, Dana 30 w/ Detroit Truetrac and manual hubs, Bushwacker Flares, Warrior Front Bumper, JCR Rear Bumper, etc etc...

hillbilly

• adam lewis - appalachian american - B.O.D.
    • View Profile
Re: 95 XJ Radio
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 03:41:07 pm »
red or yellow is your ignition and one (purple ?) is for memory. i think yellow is fulltime power and red is ignition.
build it, beat it, break it, fix it, repeat
A member of the church requests to be buried in his jeep because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."
   91 xj 8.5" lift -33" x 12.50 and my own additions
 94 xj (wifes) 3.5" lift and the boys 1979 cj7

bad company

Re: 95 XJ Radio
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 08:56:29 am »
that confused me too so i just walked away and  had my wife do it