Author Topic: UFWDA launches new Land Use Committee  (Read 4543 times)

RichardD

• Creating legacy gear at the BROG Thread Shed
    • View Profile
    • Blue Ridge Overland Gear
UFWDA launches new Land Use Committee
« on: September 15, 2010, 01:47:18 am »
As many of you have heard, UFWDA is working hard to re-establish relationships on a national level, working harder on land use issues, and making United bigger and better than ever before. For the first time in quite a while, we have a full board of directors with new members along with the seasoned veterans, all with new and fresh ideas. The Board members have already made significant progress and are excited about new items on the horizon which will be announced soon.

One of those things is our new Land Use Committee. We are very proud and eager to get this up and running. We wanted to create a committee of land use directors across the nation. This would provide the chance to gather information and better assist one another other on issues facing each region and/or state. Since UFWDA is based on providing and coordinating land use efforts on a national level, this committee will be a great step accomplishing this goal.

The purpose for such a committee is to bring all of the land use directors together on a regular basis. During this time, we can discuss situations occurring in each of our areas, which will allow me to keep our attorney informed on which issues we need addressed. It will also allow us to share ideas on things that have worked effectively in certain areas as well as not so effectively. We will also have the opportunity to come up with new and improved ways to become more effective in all of our land use efforts.

The Committee will have its first conference call in late September to establish meeting protocol. Once that has taken place, an invite will go out to all land use directors who want to participate and become involved in this committee.

I hope you take the opportunity to become apart of this great committee. I am positive that once we all put our heads together, we can make a huge difference!

For anyone interested in participating, or simply having questions on the committee, feel free to send me an email to: landuse@ufwda.org. I look forward to working with each and every one of you in order to help save our trails!

Thank you,

Chris Saunders
Director of Environmental Affairs
UFWDA
P.O. Box 16982
Chesapeake, VA 23328
landuse@ufwda.org

Richard Drechsel
Director of Public Relations
UFWDA
P.O. Box 16982
Chesapeake, VA 23328
email: PRdirector @ UFWDA.ORG (no spaces)
Helping folks organize their stuff, so they can enjoy their time outside more.
'87 YJ Laredo My Daily Driver
'02 TJ X Fiancee's DD, and our Overlanding Rig
'65 M-416 Trailer