Author Topic: J10 PICK-UP  (Read 7137 times)

MUDDY

• Jon Vasellas
    • View Profile
J10 PICK-UP
« on: September 14, 2010, 09:58:37 pm »
MY FRIEND JUST PUT IN A NEW CLUTCH IN HIS TRUCK WELL NOW HE CAN ONLY GO ABOUT 35 MPH BEFORE IT STARTS TO STALL OUT. ANY IDEAS WHAT COULD BE THE CAUSE OF THIS.
                                                                                                                                          MUDDY
98 grand cherokee mild liFT
97 CHEVY 3IN LIFT

(Tattoo) Jack

• Jack Utter
    • View Profile
Re: J10 PICK-UP
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 03:21:57 am »
  Just a guess... but he could've pinched a fuel line while fooling around down there.

You didn't say whether it just suddenly cuts off or it seems to be running out of fuel. Maybe being more detailed in what it does would help get a better answer.

Jack

The only way to know your limits...  is to surpass them!

Don't Shop - Adopt
   "Save Your Best Friends Life, Adopt a Rescue"
       If it's not a Dobermann, it's just a Dawg...

MUDDY

• Jon Vasellas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 04:58:03 pm »
HE TOLD ME IT WILL STALL OUT AROUND 35 THEN WILL STAY AT THAT SPEED AND NOT GO HIGHER. BUT IT WILL STAY RUNNING UNTIL HE TURNS THE KEY OFF .
97 CHEVY 3IN LIFT

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 12:19:21 am »
That sounds like an engine compression issue to me rather than a clutch problem.
Do Your Duty And History Will Do You Justice...!
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...

MUDDY

• Jon Vasellas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 08:27:52 am »
but the weird thing is it never did it before. but when he put the clutch in thats when it started to stall out. i will have too check the motor to see what kind of compression is come out of the motor.
97 CHEVY 3IN LIFT

Jeremy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 11:39:07 am »
Double check all the easy stuff first,  Including the ground wires, fuel lines, electrical connections and the timing. (was the distributor disturbed when the engine was installed?)  You did not mention what engine this is  I am going to assume that it is a AMC I6 or V8.    As I under stand it the runs normally to 35mph. Does the clutch actuate normally?  Does it make noise,  it really easy to but the clutch disk in upside down,  (don't ask me how I know)  But that makes all kinds of racket and does NOT dis-engage properly.  This could be caused by a LOT of things,  check the simple stuff starting with the very last thing that you touched. 
Jeremy Meehan

MUDDY

• Jon Vasellas
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2010, 09:01:12 pm »
well it's the I6. but called him and was told that Hoak's gave him the wrong bearing for the clutch. turns the 37's like a champ now running stronger than ever. thanks everyone for helping to try to figure out this problem.
                                                                                                                                                                          muddy
97 CHEVY 3IN LIFT