Author Topic: Bantam Jeep Heritage Festival  (Read 27528 times)

Ron Allen

• PA Jeeps B.O.D.
    • View Profile
Re: Bantam Jeep Heritage Festival
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2011, 06:18:21 pm »
Colli, I am at Fairfield Inn of Butler. I booked back in January knowing that there is not much out there and it would fill up fast.
03 Rubicon Way Modified
44 MB WWII restored
46 CJ2A Locked,injected,Ready
13 F350 Tow Rig

Colli

• Newsletter Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2011, 09:13:48 pm »
Ah. Yes that one is booked up. I think there are still vacancies at the Super 8 in Butler, but the reviews are not favorable. Might have to get out my tent if I'm going to make it up there.
Colli Leighton
1967 Jeepster Commando Pick Up - work in progress
2000 TJ - trail rig (ample lift, 35" MTZs, 8.8 rear, 4.88 gears, 12 different soft tops)
2012 Ram 2500HD Crew Cab - tow rig
2015 Cherokee - grocery getter
Trailer - to tow my Jeeps around

Brendan

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2011, 07:54:28 am »
Since I live in Pittsburgh now, I'll be attending.

Colli

• Newsletter Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2011, 01:44:25 pm »
So who all is going to this? I know I have heard a bunch of folks talking about, but I was wondering who will actually be up there from the club. Should we maybe make an effort to meet up at some point somewhere as a group? Maybe we should show our club unity and all wear club staff shirts?
Colli Leighton
2000 TJ - trail rig (ample lift, 35" MTZs, 8.8 rear, 4.88 gears, 12 different soft tops)

Ron Allen

• PA Jeeps B.O.D.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2011, 07:12:00 pm »
Jake and I are workin the Playground and Keith is guiding as far as I know.
03 Rubicon Way Modified
44 MB WWII restored
13 F350 Tow Rig

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2011, 10:46:05 pm »
Keith, myself and some of the EVOR guys are guiding
"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
89 V8 Yj, some lift, some tires and some extras!
96 Cherokee Sport (Daves beater)
1947 CJ2-A

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly,Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile

Mike D

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2011, 08:31:33 pm »
Lori and I will be going but no jeep it's broke again >:(

winemaker

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2011, 09:39:45 am »
I won't be going back today, I thought the parade was a cluster f#*k. All the planing they said they did and this was the best they could do. We attended your show for the first time this year and we will be back. Everything went so smooth at your show, for a first timer you guys really took care and got us in and out with no problems. Thanks again for this year and we'll see you next year.
Wine a Bit You'll Feel Better

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2011, 10:24:40 am »
I'm sorry to read that your experience was less than favorable for you. However, we do appreciate your kind words for our Annual Jeep Show.
Do Your Duty And History Will Do You Justice...!
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...

Colli

• Newsletter Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2011, 09:16:33 pm »
winemaker - I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience. I don't know if you have participated in many parades before, but it is pretty typical to spend most of your time waiting, and waiting, and waiting. It's sort of like an egg timer. All that sand can't get through the tiny opening at once so it takes some time. With over 1200 Jeeps all trying to get to the same street at speeds slow enough for people to look at everything, it was bound to be agonizingly slow. I was there too and I thought they actually did a decent job of organizing everyone in the different color coded lots and there was tons of volunteers to help direct everyone. Sure, there are some things that they could have done better... like the really long wait inside at registration... but it was their first time so I have to cut them some slack. I'm sure they will learn from this year and make some changes to make it better next year. I agree that our show runs pretty smooth, but this was our 16th year so we've had some practice. I have not been around since our first show, but I would imagine we experienced some growing pains as well along the way. Anyway, its a shame if you didn't come out to the rest of the events on Saturday because although there were some things that could have been run better there too, it was a fun event. Thanks again for the kind words about our show.
Colli Leighton

Jeremy

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2011, 03:19:41 am »
Dad worked on the "play ground"  I got tapped to help out on the on site trails which, while short, were enough to give new comers a taste of what a trail ride would be like.  My impression is that these ran surprisingly well (there were a lot of veteran trail guides that were familiar with each other, such as Keith, Jen, Dave, Ron and myself as well as some others I am forgetting)   There was a short stock (about 5 minutes), a long stock (about 20 minutes) and a "moderate" trail. (could take a well equipped jeep 15 minutes and a stock grand cherokee several hours (don't ask)) I spent most of my time on the moderate trail until after the Saturday nights  thunderstorms + hundreds of jeeps wore the trail to the point were  33" and front and rear lockers were no longer enough  resulting in this stuck.   These images ARE of the bypass!  I was a guinea pig on the decision to require 35" tires and two lockers with GOOD tires At this point it was a "uncontrollable slide down the greasy hole which was pretty badly dug out.  If you managed to get your front axle up on the bank the jeep tended to walk back and forth across the slope instead of up.  The next crossing was almost as challenging.    The long stock trail could also hang up the unwary, I got high centered on a tree stump for instance and at the exit which was getting pretty sloppy they stuck the backhoe while repairing the damage.  Sorry these were the only real photos I got. 

Jeremy Meehan

Colli

• Newsletter Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2011, 06:31:59 am »
Oh, and I forgot to mention - there were 3 local wineries at the show giving tastings. Surely someone whose screen name is "winemaker" would appreciate that.
Colli Leighton

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2011, 04:01:11 pm »
I had a good time guiding for this event. Rausch Creek did a great job of cutting small trails and had a nice obstacle course. Rausch also had their sections very well organized and where ready for 1200 jeeps, but not everyone wanted to trail ride so i feel it was kinda slow where i was. But i know the show field was packed. As Colli said they had 3 local wineries which i made sure to stop and test them all, after my guiding job was over of course! ;D There were a good bit of the same vendors from our show and quadratec of course. It was fun to hang at the EVOR guys tent and catch up with them and of course hanging with friends and camping made the weekend even better. I will do it again next year .
"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
89 V8 Yj, some lift, some tires and some extras!
96 Cherokee Sport (Daves beater)
1947 CJ2-A

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly,Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile

Ron Allen

• PA Jeeps B.O.D.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2011, 06:32:37 pm »
I have to agree with Jenn and Colli, they had some first year jitters. I worked on the O coarse most of the day saturday and it ran very well. A few more off road experienced volunteers would have been good on sunday as we were a little short but as usual, the Rauch guys did an awsome job keepin the wheelin portion of the event movin along smoothly. Thanks Bruce and Kyle for inviting the PA Jeeps crew along.
03 Rubicon Way Modified
44 MB WWII restored
13 F350 Tow Rig

Ron Allen

• PA Jeeps B.O.D.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2011, 05:49:26 pm »
Forgotten history of Jeep sparks Bantam bash
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/motoring/news/article.cfm?c_id=9&objectid=10745259
Patti Jo from Bantam sent me this link to a New Zealand news paper that was picked up by AP at the event. Cut and paste the link and check out the Yellow Flatty with yours truly.

03 Rubicon Way Modified
44 MB WWII restored
13 F350 Tow Rig