Author Topic: Bantam Jeep Heritage Festival  (Read 27545 times)

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
Bantam Jeep Heritage Festival
« on: September 03, 2010, 09:27:09 pm »
Bantam Jeep Heritage Festival on August 12-14, 2011 in Butler, Pa.  We're busy pulling together all of the behind-the-scenes work that's needed when organizing an event of this size.  We hope to have registration materials available on the site in early October, so please be sure to check back and sign up!

We're writing today to ask for your assistance in helping the Butler Community win a $25,000 grant to help preserve the Bantam Building in Downtown Butler. This building is where the American Bantam Car Company designed and built the world's first jeep. Please read details below....

Help save the Bantam Building in Butler, where the Jeep was born!

Butler Downtown has entered the Bantam Building, the factory where America's first jeeps were produced, in the National Trust for Historic Preservation's "This Place Matters Community Challenge." The project is in the running to win $25,000 to help preserve the building and its history. Communities all over the country have identified historic sites worthy of support and the community with the most votes will win not only national recognition, but also the $25,000 prize. 

VOTING IS EASY AND ONLY TAKES A MINUTE! Click the link below...
http://my.preservationnation.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=9491&security=2862&s_interest=3225
and then register to vote. But hurry! Voting ends on September 15 so we have less than two weeks to put our project in the lead.

About the Bantam Jeep Heritage Festival:
The Bantam Jeep Heritage Festival is organized by the Butler County Tourism & Convention Bureau and a group of committed volunteers and Jeep enthusiasts who want to create a signature annual event celebrating Butler, Pa.'s role as the birthplace of the jeep. The Festival will take place in Downtown Butler and at the Butler County Fairgrounds along Route 422, just west of Butler. Our goal is to create a premier annual event that attracts Jeep enthusiasts from all over the Mid-Atlantic region.

Please help us spread the word by sharing this information with your favorite web sites, forums, blogs and fellow jeep enthusiasts.  Thanks for your help!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 12:07:22 am by Rick_Bear »
Do Your Duty And History Will Do You Justice...!
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...

UGOTKERN

• View Profile
Re: Bantam Jeep Heritage Festival
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 03:28:25 pm »
Was talking to the tourism folks that had a booth setup at Quadratec promoting this event. They started out by saying this event will be much larger, have more to offer and will be attended by thousands more than PAJeeps. I simply smiled, wished them luck and walked away.....   Little cocky on their part in my opinion.....

Chris Kern

hillbilly

• adam lewis - appalachian american - B.O.D.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 07:30:18 pm »
x2
build it, beat it, break it, fix it, repeat
A member of the church requests to be buried in his jeep because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."
   91 xj 8.5" lift -33" x 12.50 and my own additions
 94 xj (wifes) 3.5" lift and the boys 1979 cj7

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 08:25:19 am »
Well, there is nothing wrong with having high hopes and setting high goals. This is being put on by the Tourism Bureau and advertising has been HUGE.
I hope they do gather a HUGE attendance that makes our annual event look small.
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...

UGOTKERN

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 11:02:16 am »
I hope their event has a good turnout as well.... Just thought it was a poor choice for them to promote their event as bigger and better in every way than PAJeeps. Promote your own event on it's own merit, dont try to over shadow and reference a hugely successful event approaching it's 16th year. They even commented that Chantelle and I should consider changing the date for our 3rd Annual Topless for Tata's run since it falls on the same weekend.
Chris Kern

Colli

• Newsletter Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 01:08:01 pm »
Hey, when you are the best you have to expect others to try and emulate your success. That just goes to show that we have the event by which others will be measured. It's almost a compliment.  ;)
Colli Leighton
1967 Jeepster Commando Pick Up - work in progress
2000 TJ - trail rig (ample lift, 35" MTZs, 8.8 rear, 4.88 gears, 12 different soft tops)
2012 Ram 2500HD Crew Cab - tow rig
2015 Cherokee - grocery getter
Trailer - to tow my Jeeps around

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 12:46:30 am »
People will attend to see what it's about, that's for sure. IMO I don't think they are banking on creating a long term event.
They are looking to save a building and I've been supporting their efforts to do so with consultations.
If their intention post event is to continue I wish them the best.

Our Club and its Annual Jeep Show has been very fortunate to draw and retain dedicated members with forsight as well as gaining and retaining the support of businesses forseeing the same.
The PA Jeeps Club and it's Jeep Show just happened to be ahead of everyone else at the time of its creation. ...The rest is history and with good fortune for all that enjoy it should have a good future as well.
What our Jeep Show offers, is going to be quite difficult for anyone else to re-create. We promote "TOGETHERNESS" at VERY minimal cost. Not to mention the enjoyment of the GREATEST vehicle EVER manufactured by man that provides camaraderie rarely found elsewhere during a two day event. With its venue it does provide the TOTAL JEEP package.

hillbilly

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2010, 03:55:55 pm »
i know its early but whos in for this or even thinking?
A member of the church requests to be buried in his jeep because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."

Ron Allen

• PA Jeeps B.O.D.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2010, 07:40:01 pm »
I'm probably goin
03 Rubicon Way Modified
44 MB WWII restored
46 CJ2A Locked,injected,Ready
13 F350 Tow Rig

bad company

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2010, 09:50:05 pm »
i am going

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2010, 10:42:42 pm »
I'm 98% certain I will be attending myself. It's a "Road Trip" for sure and I'll most likely grap up a hotel room. I've been consulting with the Tourism Bureau about this event since this past April/May and will make every effort to attend.

hillbilly

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2011, 04:37:51 pm »
getting even closer, are we making a club appearance before i register as a single?

02liberty

• Tammy Meyers
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2011, 07:17:08 pm »
we will be there :)
Tammy Meyers
Former Jeep 2002 Jeep Liberty "Salsa Red"
New Jeep 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Mango Tango"

Ron Allen

• PA Jeeps B.O.D.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2011, 07:29:27 pm »
Adam .I'm going and already reserved hotel,last month actually. Not sure if I am taking either of the Willys at this point
03 Rubicon Way Modified
44 MB WWII restored
46 CJ2A Locked,injected,Ready
13 F350 Tow Rig

Colli

• Newsletter Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2011, 09:21:40 pm »
Ron - what hotel did you book a room at? I just checked online and there does not seem to be any vacancies anywhere. I was interested in going to this, but not sure where to stay.
Colli Leighton
1967 Jeepster Commando Pick Up - work in progress
2000 TJ - trail rig (ample lift, 35" MTZs, 8.8 rear, 4.88 gears, 12 different soft tops)
2012 Ram 2500HD Crew Cab - tow rig
2015 Cherokee - grocery getter
Trailer - to tow my Jeeps around