Author Topic: TBI Conversion  (Read 5586 times)

draugo1971

• Nothing But Jeeps!!!
    • View Profile
TBI Conversion
« on: August 27, 2010, 09:07:57 pm »
Ok I have done some reading up and taken much advice on transmission and t/c choices for my YJ, I have heard of many puting TBI chevy engines in Jeeps and I figure if its that popular then it has to be the way to go. I have to this point been carb but it has its down side well many of them lol.

I have the ability to get a complete Z71 90 something chevy truck with a 5.7 350 TBI engine, 700r4 & 241c t/c driverdrop. this drive train is solid.

Does anyone know how to wire up the TBI to a YJ or a site that can walk someone through this adventure.

I live in Chambersburg PA, If there is someone that is close enough to me that can do it, I am more than willing to pay. I work at auto shop with lift and every tool one could need so this wouldnt be a back yard job :P
97 Jeep TJ Wrangler. It's not just a Jeep, It's like one of my children!!!

hillbilly

• adam lewis - appalachian american - B.O.D.
    • View Profile
Re: TBI Conversion
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 09:32:26 pm »
try painless wiring, www.painlesswiring.com
build it, beat it, break it, fix it, repeat
A member of the church requests to be buried in his jeep because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."
   91 xj 8.5" lift -33" x 12.50 and my own additions
 94 xj (wifes) 3.5" lift and the boys 1979 cj7

draugo1971

• Nothing But Jeeps!!!
    • View Profile
Re: TBI Conversion
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 07:21:47 am »
OMG! Now thats what I am talking about, I can put just about any setup I want in my YJ and they sell the harness to do it. I luv u Hillbilly!
97 Jeep TJ Wrangler. It's not just a Jeep, It's like one of my children!!!