Author Topic: looking for some one in central pa to help install ring and pinions  (Read 4975 times)

cklanish96zj

• View Profile
i am looking for some one in the central pa area to help me install ring and pinions in a dana 30 n 35 i am very mechanically incline but have never done a ring and pinion willing to travel and pay reasonable amount if any jeeper will help another jeeper please contact me thanks allot
96 zj iror fnr long arm 35s locked and skidded

hillbilly

• adam lewis - appalachian american - B.O.D.
    • View Profile
before you start,do you have the specialty tools? id get an extra set of bearings, the axle and pinion. because if the trial and error needed to set the ring depth, backlash and side to side.
build it, beat it, break it, fix it, repeat
A member of the church requests to be buried in his jeep because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."
   91 xj 8.5" lift -33" x 12.50 and my own additions
 94 xj (wifes) 3.5" lift and the boys 1979 cj7

CJ8Ted

• View Profile
Your profile states Ramey Pa., Is this where the jeep is located?
I would recommend pulling the axles and do them on a workbench it is a lot easier then laying on the ground and give yourself plenty of time to do them correctly. Another idea is to get a free axle and set it up a few times, this really helped me do mine.There is a lot of info on the web but every thing you read in NOT always correct. It is not rocket science but has to be done right to be strong, quiet, and last a long time.

Ted
85' CJ8 on 33s w/ 4.56s