Author Topic: Wandering if I made a mistake, hmmm  (Read 7297 times)

justjeepn19

• View Profile
Wandering if I made a mistake, hmmm
« on: February 19, 2010, 10:51:59 pm »
Ok, so I got my lift installed. Simple 2" Skyjacker suspension lift for a TJ. I like the look, I'm not trying to build a beast, just a decent rig. But then I bought a Currie Off Road AntiRock Sway Bar. Good deal off Craigsilst. The kit had never been out of the box and I bought it for half what is listed in the Quadratec catalog. But now I'm wondering if it will work with the lift I just put on, and more importantly, will it really be as good off road as advertised? I know the last time I was up at Rausch I broke my sway bar, but I'm wondering if this was a good solution now. Shoulda asked your guys/gals advice before I bought the darn thing!
Jarrett Feeman

(Tattoo) Jack

• Jack Utter
    • View Profile
Re: Wandering if I made a mistake, hmmm
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 06:50:14 am »

As far as fitment is concerned, I'd call Curry and ask them, but don't see why it wouldn't.

I've noticed, while wheeling, both advantages and disadvantages. One, you don't have to crawl under to "disconnect", but on the other hand you won't have as much droop either. JMO...

Tattoo

The only way to know your limits...  is to surpass them!

Don't Shop - Adopt
   "Save Your Best Friends Life, Adopt a Rescue"
       If it's not a Dobermann, it's just a Dawg...

hillbilly

• adam lewis - appalachian american - B.O.D.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 09:10:51 am »
just my 0.02, ive looked into these also and with alot of lift you dont get as much droop but with a normal lift it should work as designed.
build it, beat it, break it, fix it, repeat
A member of the church requests to be buried in his jeep because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."
   91 xj 8.5" lift -33" x 12.50 and my own additions
 94 xj (wifes) 3.5" lift and the boys 1979 cj7

airframer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 12:18:36 am »
I have an antirock and love it, if you goto jeepforum.com there is a very good write up on it. It discusses max flex vs useful flex. I like it because i still get enough flex to go over anythin gi want without having to disconnect anything.
05 TJ, Lifted, Locked, Geared, and Homemade armor.

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 11:35:18 am »
For moderate lifts that you have that kit is exactally what you want.
Install that sucker...
Do Your Duty And History Will Do You Justice...!
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...

Scott Gibson

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 08:59:59 pm »
How did ya make out with that Currie Antirock bar?  I'm thinking of buying one of those and was looking for some input  Thanks