Author Topic: xj u-joints  (Read 5863 times)

MUDDY

• Jon Vasellas
    • View Profile
xj u-joints
« on: October 26, 2009, 03:41:43 pm »
which are better u-joints to put in greaseable ones or already greased ones fot he driveshafts . for going wheeling i would like to have the ones that would work the best.
98 grand cherokee mild liFT
97 CHEVY 3IN LIFT

altierior

• View Profile
Re: xj u-joints
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 03:50:41 pm »
~jd
Y2K XJ

3" lift on 31s
FULLY ARMORED - bumpers, rockers, and undercarriage

My girlfriend wants to know where she can buy Jeep-scented perfume, so I will pay more attention to her.
[/b]
[/size]

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 05:53:46 pm »
Understand ONE important thing....

A standard greaseable drive shaft u-joint is inexpensive and very easy to replace at home or on the trail. And will provide many miles of service.

Upgrade to a stronger u-joint (many call them "bomb-proof) you are making the next thing in the chain vulnerable to damage which will be the drive shaft itself. Just remember that.

Standard greaseable U-joint = $13.00-18.00
Replacing a drive shaft = $80.00 - $250.00 (Depending if you get a used one or a new one).
Do Your Duty And History Will Do You Justice...!
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...

CJ8Ted

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 07:37:03 pm »
For the pinion end I would get a greaseable one because it is always getting dunked in water, even if you try to avoid it. For the double cardin end I would get non greaseable kind because there stronger and you have to take the whole thing apart to grease the centering ball anyhow.

Ted
85' CJ8 on 33s w/ 4.56s

hillbilly

• adam lewis - appalachian american - B.O.D.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 07:55:07 pm »
x2 ted
build it, beat it, break it, fix it, repeat
A member of the church requests to be buried in his jeep because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."
   91 xj 8.5" lift -33" x 12.50 and my own additions
 94 xj (wifes) 3.5" lift and the boys 1979 cj7