Author Topic: **IMPORTANT** 9 Million Acres (Moab) to be closed  (Read 9929 times)

Saharicon

• View Profile
**IMPORTANT** 9 Million Acres (Moab) to be closed
« on: September 30, 2009, 08:43:31 am »
I know you guys have a section for this, but this needs to get done ASAP the hearing is tomorrow.  I looked through your section and didnt see anything about it in there, if I over looked it just delete this. 

Thank You PAjeeps

http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=824178  link is in this thread to send a letter/email to our PA rep

Death Wobble

• Angie Zinn - Wall St. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: **IMPORTANT** 9 Million Acres (Moab) to be closed
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 06:58:19 pm »
OH, NO--They're not closing my MOAB!!! >:(

Rep. Todd Platts--you have email!!!
'88 XJ Limited:  4.5" ZONE lift, 32x11.5x15 BFG KM2s, JKS Quicker Discos, Kevin's Off Road rock rails.
'96 XJ Sport: 31x10.5 BFGs, 3" Rusty's lift.
Listen to Clutch.
(and your gut instincts)
CENSORSHIP IS UNAMERICAN!

Death Wobble

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 07:48:17 pm »
The subcommittee hearings have been held on H.R. 1925.  I'll keep you posted when I find out what happens next.  By the looks of it, it'll get voted down...but you never know.  All of Utah's legislators are against it.  I still think it's dumb that a guy from NY state even brought this up!
'88 XJ Limited:  4.5" ZONE lift, 32x11.5x15 BFG KM2s, JKS Quicker Discos, Kevin's Off Road rock rails.
Listen to Clutch.
(and your gut instincts)

hillbilly

• adam lewis - appalachian american - B.O.D.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 07:49:26 pm »
i see alot of public/state wheeling places closing due to no one to watch over them, heck id take that job paid or not wheel all the time for free and in nature.
build it, beat it, break it, fix it, repeat
A member of the church requests to be buried in his jeep because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."
   91 xj 8.5" lift -33" x 12.50 and my own additions
 94 xj (wifes) 3.5" lift and the boys 1979 cj7

Death Wobble

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 08:05:20 pm »
I often look at Moab real estate listings...man, it would be nice to have a place out there!  Maybe I should buy one and start a home for wayward Jeep boys...
Listen to Clutch.
(and your gut instincts)

Death Wobble

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 01:54:20 pm »
Let Utah Speaker of the House David Clark know that you are opposed to this issue.  This is a link to his blog.  The voting is on the right sidebar. http://district74.blogspot.com/2009/10/invasion-of-body-snatchers-here-in-utah.html
Listen to Clutch.
(and your gut instincts)

Death Wobble

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2009, 04:34:30 pm »
Got a letter from Rep. Todd Platts today (these things take time) thanking me for my email about this issue.  An excerpt from what he wrote:  "I certainly understand the adverse impact that H.R. 1925 would have on motorized outdoor recreationists like yourself.  At present, this bill is pending in the House Committee on National Resources.  Rest assured that I will keep your opposition to H.R. 1925 very much in mind if and when it comes before the full United States House of Representatives for a vote".

It's always nice when a politician takes the time to answer one of his constituents!  Hopefully, this bill will die before it gets that far.
Listen to Clutch.
(and your gut instincts)

Storman

• Safety/Medical Advisor
  • Norm Eckard
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2009, 06:35:17 pm »
Remember that there is strength in numbers.
Moab is on my to do list.

Received my letter today as well.
2006 Wrangler Golden Eagle Edition w/3" BDS lift, BFG 33X10.50's, Warn front and rear bumpers, Warn 9.5ti winch and a whole lot more...

2009 Wrangler Unlimited X = Stella's DD