Author Topic: awesome show - how do i help out next year  (Read 13746 times)

Leukus

• View Profile
awesome show - how do i help out next year
« on: July 20, 2009, 09:27:25 pm »
so what do i need to do to help volunteer in the course or someone next year. I was going to sign up for the club at the show - but i didn't see where to do it. It could be cause i was doing too much shopping for add on stuff for the money pit!!

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: awesome show - how do i help out next year
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 10:11:46 pm »
Become a member and you can help out all you want.

Come to a meeting or download a member application on the site and mail it in.
"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
89 V8 Yj, some lift, some tires and some extras!
96 Cherokee Sport (Daves beater)
1947 CJ2-A

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly,Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile

(Tattoo) Jack

• Jack Utter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 01:49:50 pm »
so what do i need to do to help volunteer in the course

I know I'm speaking for myself, but spotting on the Course will depend on your experience. You NEED to be picked for that job, you just don't walk on and "become" a spotter.

The only way to know your limits...  is to surpass them!

Don't Shop - Adopt
   "Save Your Best Friends Life, Adopt a Rescue"
       If it's not a Dobermann, it's just a Dawg...

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 05:47:43 pm »
That is true about the course we have a set group of people we let work that area. I add more as I get to know them and their wheeling experience.
"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
89 V8 Yj, some lift, some tires and some extras!
96 Cherokee Sport (Daves beater)
1947 CJ2-A

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly,Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile

Rusty XJ

• Rickie Wilson Jr.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 09:03:41 pm »
Yeah, I agree with Jack. While playing around after the show Saturday we found out Alex (ZJBearsFan) isn't so qualified to spot  ;)  But it was his Jeep he had me slamming into the rocks so I'm good  ;D

Great show, can't wait to recieve my Bushwacker Flares I won in the raffle  ;D ;D ;D
Rick Wilson Jr.
Is that DEATH WOBBLE or did we just enter Pennsylvania?
'95 XJ 2 Door, 4.0, 5spd, 7" random lift, 35x12.5 BFG ATs, 4.56 gears, Dana 44 Mini-spooled, Dana 30 w/ Detroit Truetrac and manual hubs, Bushwacker Flares, Warrior Front Bumper, JCR Rear Bumper, etc etc...

emgraz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 07:44:58 am »
Matt is excited to get his Mickey Thompson wheels for the Sahara!!!  (raffle winners as well) -- he's going w/ the black ones...they should look sweet, but he's trying to figure out how to make them fit w/out spending too much money.  (they will make the tires stick out about 2 inches....   :(   )

Erica
Matt and Erica Graziosi

2000 Sahara with 3" BDS suspension lift, BFG mud terrain 33's, jks disconnects, Rhino Lining...(we're starting the JEEP mantra, we're emptying our pockets......)  ***Just added ARB Rocker Guards***

(Tattoo) Jack

• Jack Utter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2009, 06:21:44 pm »

What's the Back Space? Your stock wheels should be 15x8 w/ 5" BS. What size did ya decide on? Couldn't you get anything deeper then 3.75" BS?

Well... I just looked up M/T wheels. Are these the "SideBiter"?  WOW... yeah, only 3.31" BS :o  You won't want to take them out into the woods (rocks).

Don't Shop - Adopt

emgraz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2009, 06:33:57 am »
All the M/T tires on the quadratec website have the same backspacing....i thought he said 4", but i'm just a girl so I dunno what this stuff means anyhows....     ;D

I admire my fellow club members (the ladies) who can carry on a conversation about jeeps and parts and sound super intelligent....I on the other hand can at least tell the difference between XJ, YJ, CJ....and like the colors of jeeps they offer....   ;D

I know cars need oil changes, gas, and yearly inspections.  Matt showed me how to change my tire once if I should ever get a flat....boy does that scare the crap out of me if it ever happens--hopefully I will have my cellphone and someone will come to my rescue!!!

Erica
Matt and Erica Graziosi

2000 Sahara with 3" BDS suspension lift, BFG mud terrain 33's, jks disconnects, Rhino Lining...(we're starting the JEEP mantra, we're emptying our pockets......)  ***Just added ARB Rocker Guards***

billiejf

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2009, 08:15:58 am »
Erica,

It's funny that you say that about changing the tire.  My dad forced me to learn how to change my tire and to change my oil before he would allow me to get my drivers license.  I hated him for it.  Well, last year I returned from a trip from somewhere at midnight and when I got to my car in the airport parking garage, my tire was flat.  Needless to say, I knew my husband would not drive the 65 miles to BWI to come to my rescue so I called the garage people.  They said they would be there in 1-2 hours.  DAMN!  So, I decided to make the attempt.  Lo and behold, I did it!  I called my dad the next day and apologized for melting down when he forced me to learn.  Moral of the story:  pay attention when they teach you, but don't let them KNOW that you're paying attention.  That way, you can request their assistance, but can do it if you HAVE to.  Unfortunately, I've managed to learn a lot about jeeps by mere exposure.  You can't stop it from going into the brain, even if you try.   ;D  BJ
Billie Jeanne Fish
Shadow of the Man Himself

(Tattoo) Jack

• Jack Utter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2009, 02:43:53 pm »

Is this the wheel...?

Don't Shop - Adopt