Author Topic: Jenn's 47 CJ2A!!!!  (Read 94684 times)

billiejf

• View Profile
Re: Jenn's 47 CJ2A!!!!
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2009, 07:32:06 pm »
Damn Jenn, that really stinks!  ...and Matt might be in that boat too?  CRAP!!  When does that stimulus package start to help someone we know?  I'm really sorry.  BJ >:(
Billie Jeanne Fish
Shadow of the Man Himself

ZJBearsFan

• Alexander Harlacher
    • View Profile
    • my space
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2009, 10:15:47 pm »
NO Job i know how that is i have not worked since January. maybe we need a jobless support group on the forum.
If it ain't broke, Wheel IT!!!

1993 ZJ 2" Spacers, Newer XJ wheels

emgraz

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2009, 07:41:51 am »
Lucent posted their figures yesterday and held off on the layoff that was supposed to be tomorrow....but they said they will revisit the situation Aug/Sept.....so still a waiting game....    :-\

I hope if he needs surgery again that doesn't increase his chances of getting his pink slip..... :(

Erica
Matt and Erica Graziosi

2000 Sahara with 3" BDS suspension lift, BFG mud terrain 33's, jks disconnects, Rhino Lining...(we're starting the JEEP mantra, we're emptying our pockets......)  ***Just added ARB Rocker Guards***

Charlie

• PA Jeeps-Vice President
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2009, 08:39:11 am »
Sorry Jenn, I'm serving my fourth week of furlough and the company could still have a layoff. :-[
Charlie "The Tuna" Stevens
2004 Wrangler Sport-4 1/2" BDS Suspension, 1 1/4" JKS Body Lift with 35" BFG's

Jeremy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2009, 03:58:40 pm »
I am in that situation myself and it sucks but to get back on topic: 

I have a set of brand new and never  installed Super lift soft ride spring for a CJ2a  These are military wrapped at one end and near stock height.  They do not have bushings.  These are what is on my  1946.  If you are not interested I will probably trade them to Vintage jeep for a motor or motor parts if I can.  It is becoming apparent that after a year of trying my engine is not going to free up.  I need replace it or my estimate at the beginning of last week was $1600 to rebuild the L134 cid.    Congrads on the flatty though.
Jeremy Meehan

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2009, 09:25:04 pm »
I am trying to put mine back to original condition. If they look like the same spring we can talk. (if i can afford them- day 3 no job)

Send me a PM on a price or trade Jeremy
"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
89 V8 Yj, some lift, some tires and some extras!
96 Cherokee Sport (Daves beater)
1947 CJ2-A

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly,Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2009, 09:17:59 am »
You only live once so what the hell I Dave and I purchased a parts donor for my Willys......

I will not be using the hood or the tailgate off of this Willys I will be using my original. Any parts I do not use will be for sale.

Mike you are invited over for wrenching parties......I will supply various beverages ;)

[/img]

[/img]

"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
1947 CJ2-A

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly,Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile

Death Wobble

• Angie Zinn - Wall St. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2009, 09:39:42 am »
I don't know...there's almost enough there that Mike might wanna restore it rather than tear it apart!

Hehe, I thought that you had gaping holes in your garage walls until I saw that you were blurring out certain signs!
'88 XJ Limited:  4.5" ZONE lift, 32x11.5x15 BFG KM2s, JKS Quicker Discos, Kevin's Off Road rock rails.
'96 XJ Sport: 31x10.5 BFGs, 3" Rusty's lift.
Listen to Clutch.
(and your gut instincts)
CENSORSHIP IS UNAMERICAN!

chasm

• Blonde / Bomber...
    • View Profile
    • JeepChasm
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2009, 11:25:41 am »
We can definitely make one whole CJ2A out of the 2... that's one of the reasons the early CJ's are so much fun to work with!  ;D
Mike Hardesty aka: "chasm"
'51 CJ3A: Restored Garage Queen
'83 CJ8 Scrambler: To Do List...
'93 YJ: 2.5" R.E. lift, 31" Swamper SSR's, Olympic Rock bumper, smashed Stainless exhaust, U-bolt skids, Warn M-8000 winch.
'08 Liberty: (wife's DD)

JeepnLawls

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2009, 07:38:22 pm »
I am in that situation myself and it sucks but to get back on topic: 

I have a set of brand new and never  installed Super lift soft ride spring for a CJ2a  These are military wrapped at one end and near stock height.  They do not have bushings.  These are what is on my  1946.  If you are not interested I will probably trade them to Vintage jeep for a motor or motor parts if I can.  It is becoming apparent that after a year of trying my engine is not going to free up.  I need replace it or my estimate at the beginning of last week was $1600 to rebuild the L134 cid.    Congrads on the flatty though.

Just curious as to where you got the quote and what all that included.

TIA
Chip Lawler

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2009, 11:59:57 pm »
Well I changed the oil in the ole girl today. Changed the air filter.  Dave had been working on rebuilding the water pump and putting new ani-freeze earlier this week. So I told him I just want to see if it runs and drives. I had him hillbilly wire her up so we could start her. Took some coaxing but she turned over and started. Smoked for at least 5 minutes (I don't have any mosquito's in my yard, LOL)then we took it for a test drive up and down the street. I felt like a kid at Christmas!! So its alive!!!!!
I backed her back into the garage and we started taking some parts off we will be putting on the other body. Now we may just make quick work of this project. I hope to have the body and other parts switched over before Mikes Willys show.

"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
1947 CJ2-A

Charlie

• PA Jeeps-Vice President
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2009, 06:28:01 am »
Jenn, sounds pretty cool.

I hope to have the body and other parts switched over before Mikes Willys show.

That whole sentence is loaded with some freaky undertones. 8)
Charlie "The Tuna" Stevens
2004 Wrangler Sport-4 1/2" BDS Suspension, 1 1/4" JKS Body Lift with 35" BFG's

ZJBearsFan

• Alexander Harlacher
    • View Profile
    • my space
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2009, 09:32:35 am »
hey i was poking around on craigslist and came a cost a guy parting out a 47 cj2a just thought i would let ya know

http://harrisburg.craigslist.org/pts/1299731381.html
If it ain't broke, Wheel IT!!!

1993 ZJ 2" Spacers, Newer XJ wheels

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2009, 10:50:08 am »
LOL Charlie.

Hey Mike check out that link for another project for you.  :DLOL

I do truly believe if I ask Dave for one more Jeep he will flip out on me. When we get the Willys done maybe I can talk him into a CJ8. Chances are though he is going to want a new motorcycle.
"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
1947 CJ2-A

Jeremy

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2009, 12:52:58 pm »
Thanks for the link,  I responded to it,  we will see where it goes from there. 

Believe it or not I know the seller,( CV4W member way back when)  Going to try to look tomorrow,  There is a very good chance that I will be acquiring a donor jeep as well.  Jenn,  what specifically do you need to get yours running (better)?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 09:41:57 pm by Jeremy »
Jeremy Meehan