Author Topic: Deadline for DCNR recreation public input is on Monday July 20!  (Read 10925 times)

ddechri

• View Profile
Deadline for public input approaching! After July 20th, they won't listen for another 5 years!

If you can read this, then you have internet access and NO EXCUSE not to make a few comments to preserve your sport in your state. It only takes a few minutes of your time to give PA the message the 4x4 recreation is still alive and well. Please go to the website and tell them what you think and what you would like to see for the future.

http://www.paoutdoorrecplan.com/comments.htm

Thanks for your help!

- Dave

Make sure you make your opinion known to shape the future of our sport in PA on public land!

"Pennsylvania Statewide Comprehensive Outdoor Recreation Plan public input period closing
A comment period available on this web site—set up to provide the public with a chance to weigh in on the Statewide Comprehensive Outdoor Recreation Plan (SCORP)—will close on July 20.

While a series of public meetings have already been held, those interested have still been able to provide feedback at the site; along with viewing Research and draft recommendations. Every five years, Pennsylvania produces a plan that provides citizens, policymakers, and recreation professionals with a snapshot of current trends and issues in outdoor recreation. SCORP helps set the agenda for state recreation policy, planning, funding, and implementation for the next five years and beyond. Public input to this process is critical—ensuring a broad representation of interests, views and ideas."

Those on the Sproul trip will attest there are decent opertunities to trail ride in the state forests. And there are many more behind locked gates. Everyone needs to let the state know that we want to keep what we have and get even more.

- Dave
Dave DeChristopher
'79 CJ-7: 4.0L, T18, bronco geared Dana 20, D30/D44 (locked), Warn 8274
'60 Willys PU: IH 304 V8, wide T19, Dana 18, OD, PTO Winch, SOA D44/D53(Power Lock) w/4.27's, 33's,
'68 CJ5 - Dauntless, SM420 (project)
'98 Dodge Ram 2500 12V CTD QC LWB
"Where ever I go, there's I AM"

BCjeeper

• View Profile
Re: Deadline for DCNR recreation public input is on Monday July 20!
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 07:47:49 pm »
Thanks Dave. I would have missed it! Jim
Jim Neidrich

Storman

• Safety/Medical Advisor
  • Norm Eckard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 09:15:55 pm »
commented today.
2006 Wrangler Golden Eagle Edition w/3" BDS lift, BFG 33X10.50's, Warn front and rear bumpers, Warn 9.5ti winch and a whole lot more...

2009 Wrangler Unlimited X = Stella's DD

Joe Giglio

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 10:30:28 pm »
Finished the letter a minute ago. Dave's comments are posted for all to see. I was not aware they might post it and put my name and phone number in the letter. You might want to hold some info back, but submit something.

Joe

ddechri

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 07:59:23 am »
I took a quick look this morning and there are a bunch of pro - 4x4 comments posted on the site. And I know of more that aren't posted. Hopefully through the efforts of PA Jeeps and many others, we flooded the system.

Thanks to all who took the time to let the state know that we are still out here!

- Dave
Dave DeChristopher
'79 CJ-7: 4.0L, T18, bronco geared Dana 20, D30/D44 (locked), Warn 8274
'60 Willys PU: IH 304 V8, wide T19, Dana 18, OD, PTO Winch, SOA D44/D53(Power Lock) w/4.27's, 33's,
'68 CJ5 - Dauntless, SM420 (project)
'98 Dodge Ram 2500 12V CTD QC LWB
"Where ever I go, there's I AM"

Jeremy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 12:01:40 am »

I came across these during a google search and though I would share
Jeremy Meehan