Author Topic: Impact T-55  (Read 5513 times)

JeepnLawls

• View Profile
Impact T-55
« on: July 14, 2009, 09:30:49 am »
The steering skid plate on my TJ is bolted up through the bumper into the frame with a T-55 torx bolt.  It is stuck in there pretty good and started to twist my t-55 socket last night when I was trying to break it loose and remove it.  I can't get to the threads to use PB blaster etc as it is captured in the frame.  I was looking to get an impact T-55 and try it with an impact wrench but they seem to be hard to find.  Any advice or anything to look for in the descriptions?

In case you are wondering, I am taking it off to get it and a few other pieces blasted and coated to stop some of the rust that is starting to win the battle.

Also, assuming I can find one, anyone got a 1/2 in impact driver in the Palmyra area that wouldn't mind giving this a shot once I get the socket?

TIA
Chip Lawler

(Tattoo) Jack

• Jack Utter
    • View Profile
Re: Impact T-55
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 01:52:43 pm »

If  you can get to it with a hammer or punch, give it a Wack and heating it. See if that'll help
The only way to know your limits...  is to surpass them!

Don't Shop - Adopt
   "Save Your Best Friends Life, Adopt a Rescue"
       If it's not a Dobermann, it's just a Dawg...

hillbilly

• adam lewis - appalachian american - B.O.D.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 02:15:19 pm »
harbor freight.
build it, beat it, break it, fix it, repeat
A member of the church requests to be buried in his jeep because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."
   91 xj 8.5" lift -33" x 12.50 and my own additions
 94 xj (wifes) 3.5" lift and the boys 1979 cj7

Mutant_Xj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 02:31:08 am »
I'm almost certain I saw an impact torx set at Sears, but the last Time I was actually looking for a T set was last year
Damien Sees

Jeremy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 10:00:46 am »
Beware that my experience with Torx is not good,  They really like to strip out.  Heat it up with MAPP gas and give it a try
Jeremy Meehan