Author Topic: Omix-ADA Inc.  (Read 19198 times)

Rusty XJ

• Rickie Wilson Jr.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Omix-ADA Inc.
« on: July 11, 2009, 09:33:46 am »
I bought their Dana 30 differential cover for my XJ a few months back. I went to put in on a few weeks ago and half the bolts holes don't line up. One of my co workers also bolt a Dana 44 cover from them after I bought mine. He had the same issue of the bolt holes not lining up.

I don't know how other companies covers fit, but it seems as if for $100 you shouldn't have to modify it. If so they should just not bother powder coating them and save on some costs.

I also didn't like the experience I got when I tried to call Alloy USA's customer service and since Omix bought their inventory it went to their phones. I wasn't given any help with the axle tube seal issue I was having. I was told they don't offer support for the Alloy USA products, I should talk to who I bought them from. Why bother having the number forwarded if you're not gonna help anyone who calls?
Rick Wilson Jr.
Is that DEATH WOBBLE or did we just enter Pennsylvania?
'95 XJ 2 Door, 4.0, 5spd, 7" random lift, 35x12.5 BFG ATs, 4.56 gears, Dana 44 Mini-spooled, Dana 30 w/ Detroit Truetrac and manual hubs, Bushwacker Flares, Warrior Front Bumper, JCR Rear Bumper, etc etc...

hillbilly

• adam lewis - appalachian american - B.O.D.
    • View Profile
Re: Omix-ADA Inc.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 09:46:01 pm »
i got my alloys through northridge 4x4 when i got my aussie. they heard about the buy out of alloy and bought a group deal on them.
build it, beat it, break it, fix it, repeat
A member of the church requests to be buried in his jeep because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."
   91 xj 8.5" lift -33" x 12.50 and my own additions
 94 xj (wifes) 3.5" lift and the boys 1979 cj7

chasm

• Blonde / Bomber...
    • View Profile
    • JeepChasm
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 03:58:35 pm »
My overall experiences with Omix/ADA products have not been good.  >:( I believe a lot of their products are made off-shore in the Phillipines and India. They make a lot of crap that looks like a good product until you go to make it fit. Their holes are off, their angles are off, and the thickness / quality of their steel is often substandard. I have had plenty of experience as have many "Willys" folks, as Omix seems to make a lot of cheap vintage repro parts. I have had to replace Omix parts... after learning the hard way!
Mike Hardesty aka: "chasm"
'51 CJ3A: Restored Garage Queen
'83 CJ8 Scrambler: To Do List...
'93 YJ: 2.5" R.E. lift, 31" Swamper SSR's, Olympic Rock bumper, smashed Stainless exhaust, U-bolt skids, Warn M-8000 winch.
'08 Liberty: (wife's DD)

Charlie

• PA Jeeps-Vice President
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 09:39:48 pm »
Get a Riddler diff cover and use the one you have as a wheel chock. Riddler is arguably the best diff cover out there, 4WD Hardware sells them.  You can purchase them for around $100 and they do come un-painted.

All the bolts line up too! ;)

Here's one I just painted for a good friend.
Charlie "The Tuna" Stevens
2004 Wrangler Sport-4 1/2" BDS Suspension, 1 1/4" JKS Body Lift with 35" BFG's

Rusty XJ

• Rickie Wilson Jr.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 12:21:51 pm »
I got an ARB from the show. It was a bit more than some but I like the drain plug and dipstick features.
Rick Wilson Jr.
'95 XJ 2 Door, 4.0, 5spd, 7" random lift, 35x12.5 BFG ATs, 4.56 gears, Dana 44 Mini-spooled, Dana 30 w/ Detroit Truetrac and manual hubs, Bushwacker Flares, Warrior Front Bumper, JCR Rear Bumper, etc etc...

Charlie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2009, 03:04:55 pm »
Cool beans.   ;D

Rusty XJ

• Rickie Wilson Jr.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 03:55:34 pm »
I partially take some of the bad things I said about Omix-ADA Inc. back. I lost some needle bearings from one of my Alloy USA X -Joints today and after contacting 4WD who contacted Omix-ADA Inc. I am getting new needle bearings.
Rick Wilson Jr.

Sterner09

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2010, 04:15:28 pm »
tuna and painting diff covers i swear! :) i have one for you to paint as soon as she gets here.
Kevin Sterner

Rebuilding to:

2001 Black XJ
4.5 RC Full Spring Pack, 2 in. BB - 6.5 total
35" Pro Comp X Terrians

Charlie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2010, 05:15:53 pm »
Kevin,

If you can build an XJ with 35's, I bet you can paint your own dif cover.  ;)

Sterner09

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2010, 05:33:53 pm »
Kevin,

If you can build an XJ with 35's, I bet you can paint your own dif cover.  ;)

You got what i lack and that is experience :)...maybe i can do the diff cover but will most likely need your help with the winch when the bumpers get here:)
Kevin Sterner

Rebuilding to:

2001 Black XJ
4.5 RC Full Spring Pack, 2 in. BB - 6.5 total
35" Pro Comp X Terrians

Charlie

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2010, 05:50:30 pm »
Kev, You get the bumper on and I'll help you with the winch.

I have a Rugged Ridge winch plate on, it mounted perfectly and the strength seems very adequate. It cost about $100 less than a Warn plate.