Annual Jeep Show > 14th Annual (2009)

Battery tie downs

(1/2) > >>

jamorenz:
I noticed on the registration form that battery tie downs are required to go onto the obstacle course, and bungee cords are unacceptable as tie downs. What is considered to be acceptable battery tie downs? Would cable/zip ties qualify? Please clarify...thanks much.

hillbilly:
must be a "solid" mount. either a factory or aftermarket metal/plastic style. no zip ties, bungees, bailing wire, bubble gum, or shoe strings. i know most of us have ran these at one time but this is an insurance issue and have to follow it. thnks

Storman:
Not to mention a safety issue.

Rick_Bear:
Look at my fellow members helping out. I appreciate that guys.
They are correct, we will not accept nor will we condone any half-azzed set-up's that could create a safety issue for anyone.
If you own a Jeep and drive it off-road, even the mildest trails you should have a secured battery. The factory tray can fail in off-camber situations.

Blue KJ in PA:
And make sure you check what ever tie down set up you go with from time to time.  I was just under the hood changing the oil the other night and noticed that the rubber portion of the tie down I had has broken down over time enough to the point that it wasn't doing anything... ::)  I touched it and the rubber snapped... :'(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version