Author Topic: Battery tie downs  (Read 9815 times)

jamorenz

Battery tie downs
« on: July 10, 2009, 04:54:38 pm »
I noticed on the registration form that battery tie downs are required to go onto the obstacle course, and bungee cords are unacceptable as tie downs. What is considered to be acceptable battery tie downs? Would cable/zip ties qualify? Please clarify...thanks much.

hillbilly

• adam lewis - appalachian american - B.O.D.
    • View Profile
Re: Battery tie downs
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 08:09:23 am »
must be a "solid" mount. either a factory or aftermarket metal/plastic style. no zip ties, bungees, bailing wire, bubble gum, or shoe strings. i know most of us have ran these at one time but this is an insurance issue and have to follow it. thnks
build it, beat it, break it, fix it, repeat
A member of the church requests to be buried in his jeep because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."
   91 xj 8.5" lift -33" x 12.50 and my own additions
 94 xj (wifes) 3.5" lift and the boys 1979 cj7

Storman

• Safety/Medical Advisor
  • Norm Eckard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 03:33:20 pm »
Not to mention a safety issue.
2006 Wrangler Golden Eagle Edition w/3" BDS lift, BFG 33X10.50's, Warn front and rear bumpers, Warn 9.5ti winch and a whole lot more...

2009 Wrangler Unlimited X = Stella's DD

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 06:04:30 pm »
Look at my fellow members helping out. I appreciate that guys.
They are correct, we will not accept nor will we condone any half-azzed set-up's that could create a safety issue for anyone.
If you own a Jeep and drive it off-road, even the mildest trails you should have a secured battery. The factory tray can fail in off-camber situations.
Do Your Duty And History Will Do You Justice...!
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...

Blue KJ in PA

• Brian Davis
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 01:21:35 pm »
And make sure you check what ever tie down set up you go with from time to time.  I was just under the hood changing the oil the other night and noticed that the rubber portion of the tie down I had has broken down over time enough to the point that it wasn't doing anything... ::)  I touched it and the rubber snapped... :'(
Brian Davis
2003 Jeep KJ, Liberty Sport
Rock Lizard Super Skinks and Bridgestone Dueller Revos currently only non stock items
On the horizon is a Frankenlift

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 11:45:35 pm »
Why do you have a "rubber" tie down...?
That's really no better than a bungee cord.
C'mon, you should have an all-metal bracket.
Do Your Duty And History Will Do You Justice...!
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 09:01:06 pm »
What about duct tape?
"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
89 V8 Yj, some lift, some tires and some extras!
96 Cherokee Sport (Daves beater)
1947 CJ2-A

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly,Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile