Author Topic: What did you do to your Jeep today?  (Read 709516 times)

Scott Gibson

• View Profile
Re: What did you do to your Jeep today?
« Reply #1035 on: August 19, 2011, 10:07:08 pm »
Wow it looks good Angie.

Death Wobble

• Angie Zinn - Wall St. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: August 19, 2011, 10:55:23 pm »
Wow it looks good Angie.
Thanks, Scott!  I might put flames or some graphics on it later. 

Nice..... When are you taking it to Raucsh?

Next time that you go and I can follow you on moderate trails, maybe?   ;)  I still need to work on a solution for mounting the spare tire and securing other items inside.  The tires rubbed inside the fenders when I took it on our obstacle course, so it's either avoid stretching too far or I'll have to have something altered.   
'88 XJ Limited:  4.5" ZONE lift, 32x11.5x15 BFG KM2s, JKS Quicker Discos, Kevin's Off Road rock rails.
'96 XJ Sport: 31x10.5 BFGs, 3" Rusty's lift.
Listen to Clutch.
(and your gut instincts)
CENSORSHIP IS UNAMERICAN!

(Tattoo) Jack

• Jack Utter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: August 20, 2011, 02:21:22 am »

ANOTHER NEW Exhaust manifold installed (note to self, STOP buying cheap parts!)  New steering bx installed, WOW didn't realize it was that bad till I drove it with the new one on  ;D  now I can steer with my little finger (instead of both hands) at low RPM's and that annoying little (?) front end shake, when I hit a bump, is gone. Go figure...

I think I'm ready to Rock (pun intended) & Roll! NO, wait a minute... NO ROLLING,  just Rockin'  8)

The only way to know your limits...  is to surpass them!

Don't Shop - Adopt
   "Save Your Best Friends Life, Adopt a Rescue"
       If it's not a Dobermann, it's just a Dawg...

Storman

• Safety/Medical Advisor
  • Norm Eckard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: August 20, 2011, 05:10:33 pm »
Finished painting it flat black.  I love it!  8)

Very Stealthy....

Looks good Ang
2006 Wrangler Golden Eagle Edition w/3" BDS lift, BFG 33X10.50's, Warn front and rear bumpers, Warn 9.5ti winch and a whole lot more...

2009 Wrangler Unlimited X = Stella's DD

Death Wobble

• View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: August 24, 2011, 11:03:24 am »
Dad built me a bigger spare tire mount inside where the old one was.  Less chance of the spare falling off the roof, crushing me, and rolling down a ravine that way!
'88 XJ Limited:  4.5" ZONE lift, 32x11.5x15 BFG KM2s, JKS Quicker Discos, Kevin's Off Road rock rails.
Listen to Clutch.
(and your gut instincts)

emgraz

• View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: August 24, 2011, 02:07:42 pm »
wow angie... looks great!!!
Matt and Erica Graziosi

2000 Sahara with 3" BDS suspension lift, BFG mud terrain 33's, jks disconnects, Rhino Lining...(we're starting the JEEP mantra, we're emptying our pockets......)  ***Just added ARB Rocker Guards***

peter84

• View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: September 11, 2011, 07:30:55 pm »
Finally added the parts that I purchased from Quadratec at the Jeep Show. So the TJ now has an engine skid plate and fuel tank (gas tank to you Jack!) skid plates from Skid Row. Very happy with the skid plates, took longer to fit than planned but if I were to fit them again I would have another person help me to make it easier.
Peter Caddick
2006 TJ - 4" Zone Offroad Products lift, 33x10.50x15 BFG A/T, 6" Bushwaker flares, Bestop Tyre Carrier, Skid Row engine and fuel tank skid plates, A to Z Rocker Guards, SYE, BDS belly up pan
2012 Patriot 4x4 Sport
2015 Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 V6
2015 Cherokee Latitude 4x4 V6

squazz

• Flexable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: September 13, 2011, 04:47:17 am »
Have done a few things this past week  might have backed in to a tree and put a nice dent in the rear hatch while down trails rd. A new front bumper and winch installed which I got to use the first day I installed it (i recomend muteing the video)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc_7r1x6o-I&feature=youtube_gdata_player

And more recently got a little flexy on the new side of Rausch Creek

also had a heim fail so im gonna be replacing that to stop my death wobble
98 Zj                    93 Zj                        94 Zj         
  5.9L 46re              4.0L Ax-15          Gone But not forgotten
1"+ Up County    5.5" IRO front          
                        Clayton rear long arms

Ż\[°_o]/Ż Charles Howard

N3IW

• View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: September 15, 2011, 03:00:35 pm »
I don't know why I didn't think of this before  :P  but anyway since I have a radio console that stretches from the top of my windshield to the sport bar, I was able to add a soft top support.  I took some 1/2 inch thick open cell foam packing material I was going to throw out and rolled it into about 2-3 inch diameter by about 6 inches long.  I then stuck it up between the top and console.  It's somewhat compressed and should expand and contract as the top shrinks and stretches over temperature. 

My soft top is now very quiet even at highway speed and sheds water nicely. :)
Chip Morgan

2000 Wrangler TJ Sport - minor lift + 1.25" BL on 33s; many, many skid plates with more to come

MUDDY

• Jon Vasellas
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: September 22, 2011, 06:55:41 am »
my 88 xj just hit 200k. giving the old girl a needed tune .
98 grand cherokee mild liFT
97 CHEVY 3IN LIFT

Death Wobble

• View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: September 24, 2011, 07:43:55 pm »
FINALLY got the LCA skids on today!  The package initially arrived minus the essential U bolt nuts,  ::) so I had to call and ask for them to send me some.  I waited a few days and hadn't received them, so I called again.  Whoops!  The girl who was supposed to ship them was off for a few days and there they layed on her desk::)  The guy on the phone then told me that he'd mail them out himself, and so he did. 

The other day,  I got some free time to work on them.  The driver's side plate was a difficult install due to the U bolt wanting to hang up on the spring as it was being placed over the axle.  It went on, eventually.  Put the plate on, installed the carriage bolts, and Plate 1 was good to go!

Next, took the passenger side bolt out of the front of the LCA and wouldn't you know it--something shifted cockeyed.  I couldn't get the bolt back through the hole!  I had Dad helping me jimmy the LCA to try to line up the holes as I attempted to slide the bolt back in place.  After a huge fight (with the bolt, not Dad), it went back in.  That was it for that day!  One down, one to go...later, much later.

Today, I decided to get the passenger side plate installed.  Dad got the bright idea to take the bolt out of the rear of the LCA to take the tension off the front as I was working on it.  Well, that DID help with the plate installation, which went rather well.  But of course, now we had the same problem in reverse--an angry bolt in the REAR of the LCA that refused to go in! 

You should have seen the collection of tools we had out--the pipe wrench, the cold chisel, the pry bar...nothing was lining up those damn holes!  So, we decided to fight dirty and get out the impact wrench and the compressor.  Once he pried the LCA into place where I could insert the tip of the bolt back in a bit, I took the impact wrench to it and forced it through.  Success!   ;D

Moral of the story:  Check your shipment for missing pieces as soon as it arrives, never go by the suggested installation time, and if it fit once, it'll fit again!

Listen to Clutch.
(and your gut instincts)

Flex235

• View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: October 06, 2011, 07:49:14 pm »
Had a set of Rough Country bar pin eliminater's put on the Tj. Now it doesn't sound like a rattle can going down the road.
Felix G Mendez Sr
02 Tj, 8.8 rear by ECGS, 4.88 gearing, Solid dif covers, 4" Rough Country long arm lift, Tera Flex trackbar, Rough Country steering stabilizer, JKS discos, 35" General AT2 Grabers, Smittybuilt front and rear SRC bumpers with tire carrier and 8000lb XRC whinch.

N3IW

• View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: October 08, 2011, 12:35:32 am »
Had a custom bracket fabricated and installed to mount a video camera on my dash.  Now I can take video of trail rides from the driver/passenger perspective ;D    Going to try it out on Sunday with full operation for the combined EVOR/PA Jeeps ride as my goal.
Chip Morgan

2000 Wrangler TJ Sport - minor lift + 1.25" BL on 33s; many, many skid plates with more to come

Death Wobble

• View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: October 08, 2011, 09:34:37 am »
Had a custom bracket fabricated and installed to mount a video camera on my dash.  Now I can take video of trail rides from the driver/passenger perspective ;D    Going to try it out on Sunday with full operation for the combined EVOR/PA Jeeps ride as my goal.

I saw some good YouTube videos taken at the Jeep Show where guys had cameras mounted on their light bars and under their fenders as well!

Today, I cleaned a bunch of dead bugs, leaves, and sludge out of my K&N air filter and re-oiled it.  I ought to get more HP now!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 05:07:19 pm by Death Wobble »
Listen to Clutch.
(and your gut instincts)

N3IW

• View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: October 08, 2011, 12:59:39 pm »

I saw some good YouTube videos taken at the Jeep Show where guys had cameras mounted on their light bars and under their fenders as well!

The trail cameras that capture wildlife are popular, but since I didn't have one I didn't want to put my video camera outside.  Next best place seems to be the dash - it's low enough that it won't obstruct my vision but still high enough to shoot through the area cleaned by the wipers in case I get muddy :o  Now I'm going to have to clean the inside of the windshield.  ::)

Also, FINALLY ran the power feed for my amateur and CB radios directly to the battery (and fusing both positive AND negative leads at the battery). 
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 10:30:32 pm by N3IW »
Chip Morgan