Author Topic: What did you do to your Jeep today?  (Read 712933 times)

hitekrdnk43

Re: What did you do to your Jeep today?
« Reply #870 on: September 26, 2010, 12:59:20 am »
Installed the XRC8 winch that I won at the TATA run and changed oil.

hillbilly

• adam lewis - appalachian american - B.O.D.
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: September 28, 2010, 06:55:29 pm »
its not what i did today but what someone did for me. while pulling into the parking spot at giant the guy next to couldnt wait and did a cut thru the empty spot that i was in the process of occupying. jeep is fine but the car is not. it has a big bite by a 4" x 4" inch bumper taken out of the front. the police said it was all his fault (his idea to call them) and i could file against him but what the hey his car is really hurt and all he did was knock some dirt off. lol.
build it, beat it, break it, fix it, repeat
A member of the church requests to be buried in his jeep because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."
   91 xj 8.5" lift -33" x 12.50 and my own additions
 94 xj (wifes) 3.5" lift and the boys 1979 cj7

Death Wobble

• Angie Zinn - Wall St. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: September 28, 2010, 07:12:36 pm »
its not what i did today but what someone did for me. while pulling into the parking spot at giant the guy next to couldnt wait and did a cut thru the empty spot that i was in the process of occupying.

Why do people do that?  I had TWO people do that to me in a row the other day--thank God I hit the brakes and so did they.  I finally wound up in a spot halfway down the lane when they didn't even take the spots that I was originally after, they just kept going. 

Just another reason why I want a stinger bar!
'88 XJ Limited:  4.5" ZONE lift, 32x11.5x15 BFG KM2s, JKS Quicker Discos, Kevin's Off Road rock rails.
'96 XJ Sport: 31x10.5 BFGs, 3" Rusty's lift.
Listen to Clutch.
(and your gut instincts)
CENSORSHIP IS UNAMERICAN!

Jeremy

• View Profile
« Reply #873 on: October 03, 2010, 06:31:36 pm »
today has beset by disaster.  Went to pick up our old dodge power wagon from inspection and it would NOT move under its own power.  Automatic transmission was a few quarts down and will not move at all in forwards gears.  Dragged it to a tranny shop 1/2 mile up the road on a strap.

Which brings me to the 1982 CJ8 jeep.  I replaced the tail lights with LED ones.  Well last night it blew a fuse on the way home.  I spend most of the afternoon double checking my wiring and still found nothing wrong yet.  It is a short somewhere in the the tail lights of wiring.  To make matter worse, I lost some brake pedal,  chased that down to a proportioning valve on the driver side frame rail,  Leaking brake fluid everywhere.  But wait it gets better, my frame is cracked on the inside of the frame rail just forward of the proportioning valve just behind the spring hanger.  My current plan is to order a proportioning valve, then disassemble my brakes and have the frame rail welded up and plated at the same time that I was going to have the bad body mount done.  Oh and the forecast is rain,   darn it.

The 1981 CJ8, is running, the horn stopped working but otherwise.

The 1946, I chases wiring issues, shinned up some grounds and found out that my yellow top Optima is no longer taking a charge. sigh. 

I am kind of afraid to touch the 2005 LJ,  I really need to change the oil but everything I touched today is broken so far.
Jeremy Meehan

hillbilly

• View Profile
« Reply #874 on: October 04, 2010, 08:14:00 pm »
not what we did but what were gonna do. got a new member of the family today, and after an hr to get it on the dolly and home then another hr just to get it in the driveway. but its here and its home.she aint pretty but for the price and it does run, the frame is solid, needs some floor work dona and the windshield glass but, its a project.

A member of the church requests to be buried in his jeep because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."

MUDDY

• Jon Vasellas
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: October 05, 2010, 07:25:28 am »
installed new u-joints, frt. driveshaft, and finished up yesterday with new battery.
98 grand cherokee mild liFT
97 CHEVY 3IN LIFT

DeadheadTJ

• View Profile
« Reply #876 on: October 07, 2010, 09:00:37 pm »
New Mickey Thompson Classic II and 33" spare...along with a new bracket and 3rd eye mover-ma-jig. Got tired of that rusty old black steelie that was wearing a 32" piece of black Swiss cheese that I was calling a spare. It was so shot that the air was showing through.

Adam,
     Same thing (sorta) happened to me 2 years ago. I was stopped at a stoplight in Columbia about 4 blocks from my house. The guy in the old Mazda B2000 P.U. didn't see me until he had a face full of bumper and hitch. We got out, he apologized profusely, and I took notice to the flecks of black paint on my hitch ball. That was it....some black paint on my hitch. No damage whatsoever. His Mazda? That's another story...the front end was caved-in about 6 inches and the rad was toast. I told him I saw no need for the cops...I was OK, the Jeep was OK, and he was OK. He agreed and I drove off! Never saw him again
'99 TJ Sport (Trail Rig, Weekend Toy)
'10 F150 XLT 4x4  (Daily Driver, Tow Rig)
'04 Jeep Grand Cherokee (the Better Half's!)
Martin "DeadheadTJ" Rohrbach

hillbilly

• View Profile
« Reply #877 on: October 10, 2010, 09:06:47 pm »
and the parts pile gets a little bigger, got a set of soft doors, a new tailgate and a swingout tire carrier for the cj7 today

RandyMolson

• View Profile
« Reply #878 on: October 10, 2010, 11:38:55 pm »
Finally in a rebuild phase of my YJ frame swap.  I got the rear end and gas tank bolted up.  Been running gas lines and making new brake line today.
95 YJ

hillbilly

• View Profile
« Reply #879 on: October 22, 2010, 08:22:07 pm »
trying to get a jump on the wheelin trip for tomorrow and stopped for gas and sodas and the starter went out so after 45 mins of fighting with it , it starts and off to autozone. i swapped it out with a new one and replaced the battery terminals and ready to go.

Smac

• Blackberry PIN 316CB0C3
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: October 27, 2010, 02:01:27 pm »
Pulled the bumper off, painted the tow hooks orange.

Applied the last coat to the suspension skid plate.

Shaun Mcintyre

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man

07 JKU Sahara

Lockers

• View Profile
« Reply #881 on: October 30, 2010, 07:39:23 pm »

Replaced the cap, rotor and spark plugs hoping the miss would be cured......nope, had to replace the fuel injectors also.  All is better now.
Dan McKenna

94 YJ - 4.5" RE lift, 35" Pit Bull Rockers, D44's w/ARB's, Warn Winch, 4:1 Tera Low
06 LJ - 4.5" RE Long Arm Lift, 33" BFG's, 
67 Gladiator - (Future Project)
07 Dodge 2500 CTD / Tow Rig

Storman

• Safety/Medical Advisor
  • Norm Eckard
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: October 31, 2010, 08:20:42 am »
Replaced the rear brakes on Sat
2006 Wrangler Golden Eagle Edition w/3" BDS lift, BFG 33X10.50's, Warn front and rear bumpers, Warn 9.5ti winch and a whole lot more...

2009 Wrangler Unlimited X = Stella's DD

Smac

• Blackberry PIN 316CB0C3
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: October 31, 2010, 10:07:00 am »
All day yesterday and today I am installing my winch. Why is it taking so long you ask?...... I am trying to install it inverted hidden behind the bumper with the fairlead mounted through the front of the bumper. My idea I think is a good one but I'm having a hell of a time.
Shaun Mcintyre

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man

07 JKU Sahara

MUDDY

• Jon Vasellas
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: November 04, 2010, 08:01:34 am »
INSTALLED NEW BOOSTER AND MASTERCYLINDER. THANK GOD I HAVE BRAKES AGAIN.
98 grand cherokee mild liFT
97 CHEVY 3IN LIFT