Author Topic: What did you do to your Jeep today?  (Read 709687 times)

etaucher

• View Profile
Re: What did you do to your Jeep today?
« Reply #780 on: May 16, 2010, 08:47:14 pm »
Changed the fuel pump and it fixed my problem, she gets and goes like a bat out of hell. All I got left to do to it is put the interior back together, finish my exhaust, add a few quarts of tranny fluid, cut my door hinges so I can go doorless, and mount some truck mirrors on my fenders so the cops dont bother me. And get it inspected then I can drive it everyday. :D
......Keep on Trucking......
-----------------------------------------
1993 Jeep Wrangler, 4.0L, Auto, 2" Shackle Lift, 31x10.50R15
Edward Taucher

hillbilly

• adam lewis - appalachian american - B.O.D.
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: May 16, 2010, 08:49:16 pm »
about time ed, all that work for the little things. lol
build it, beat it, break it, fix it, repeat
A member of the church requests to be buried in his jeep because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."
   91 xj 8.5" lift -33" x 12.50 and my own additions
 94 xj (wifes) 3.5" lift and the boys 1979 cj7

etaucher

• View Profile
« Reply #782 on: May 16, 2010, 10:47:40 pm »
about time ed, all that work for the little things. lol

I no I worked on it for bout a month to get the old tranny out and the new one in thinkin that was the problem, and it turned out to be an hour fuel pump job   >:( >:(
Edward Taucher

Jeremy

• View Profile
« Reply #783 on: May 19, 2010, 08:30:39 pm »
Got a speeding ticket  for 59 in a 45 zone,  In a line of traffic, (I had cars in front of and behind me going just as fast but the trooper decided to follow me into the drive way and give me a ticket,  Also got nailed for out of date emissions sticker and a out of date insurance car,  (the new one was emailed to me TODAY)  Oh and my inspection is up.  SO the LJ goes to Mt Zion Thursday next week.   This was a bill I did not need while collecting unemployment.   Also, according to the trooper, upon seeing my 1946 parked with its doors off, stated that was illegal and if I drive it without doors on a state road he will site a ticket for it.  SO ROUND TWO   So for the jeep show how about we start another letter writing campaign and petition.  Although me may get better results doing a rally on the capitol steps on say.........some Wednesday.  After all how many law makers work three day weeks.
Jeremy Meehan

Death Wobble

• Angie Zinn - Wall St. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: May 19, 2010, 10:04:14 pm »
Got a speeding ticket  for 59 in a 45 zone,  In a line of traffic, (I had cars in front of and behind me going just as fast but the trooper decided to follow me into the drive way and give me a ticket,  Also got nailed for out of date emissions sticker and a out of date insurance car,  (the new one was emailed to me TODAY)  Oh and my inspection is up.  SO the LJ goes to Mt Zion Thursday next week.   This was a bill I did not need while collecting unemployment.   Also, according to the trooper, upon seeing my 1946 parked with its doors off, stated that was illegal and if I drive it without doors on a state road he will site a ticket for it.  SO ROUND TWO   So for the jeep show how about we start another letter writing campaign and petition.  Although me may get better results doing a rally on the capitol steps on say.........some Wednesday.  After all how many law makers work three day weeks.

Next time that a cop pulls you over, tell them that you are an ER nurse.  They will picture themselves as a gunshot victim about to be saved by....YOU.  This should make them nervous enough to let you off with a warning.  (Or so I'm told).  ;)
'88 XJ Limited:  4.5" ZONE lift, 32x11.5x15 BFG KM2s, JKS Quicker Discos, Kevin's Off Road rock rails.
'96 XJ Sport: 31x10.5 BFGs, 3" Rusty's lift.
Listen to Clutch.
(and your gut instincts)
CENSORSHIP IS UNAMERICAN!

DeadheadTJ

• View Profile
« Reply #785 on: May 21, 2010, 02:48:51 pm »
After yet another trip to Hoak's, my steering linkage is FINALLY squared away. I returned the previous "new" OEM drag link that I bought last Friday and went for the HEAVY DUTY steering linkage...the Crown "Rugged Trail" set-up. It's quite beefy and it only cost $174 for the new HD drag link and tie rod, and took about 2 hours to install/adjust/grease. A new HD steering stabilizer was also installed, and I straightened out my steering wheel alignment...thanks to Mike @ Hoak's. According to my steering wheel, I was doing a constant left turn...even when I was going straight down the road. My Jeep now tracks straight-n-true, and there's no more clanking when the drag link used to hit the trackbar and mount.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 08:38:36 pm by DeadheadTJ »
'99 TJ Sport (Trail Rig, Weekend Toy)
'10 F150 XLT 4x4  (Daily Driver, Tow Rig)
'04 Jeep Grand Cherokee (the Better Half's!)
Martin "DeadheadTJ" Rohrbach

etaucher

• View Profile
« Reply #786 on: May 21, 2010, 07:15:30 pm »
Installed 2 old chevy/ford mirrors on my fenders, so I can start to work on cutting my hinges for doorless
Edward Taucher

chasm

• Blonde / Bomber...
    • View Profile
    • JeepChasm
« Reply #787 on: May 27, 2010, 03:26:10 pm »
I have "Old Yeller" out and about in Westminster today.

I was asked to bring her over to Westminster Volunteer Fire Department for a memorial service for fellow vintage Jeep and WW2 Re-enactment enthusiast, Scott Jeznach. Scott passed away Saturday due to injuries sustained in an accident. In addition to being a history buff and working on his GPW restoration, Scott served his country in the 82nd Airborne as a Jump Master and in the Special Forces in Desert Storm, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Panama, Honduras, and Nicaragua.

Please remember Scott this Memorial Day, and all the men and women who have served and continue to serve our great country!
Mike Hardesty aka: "chasm"
'51 CJ3A: Restored Garage Queen
'83 CJ8 Scrambler: To Do List...
'93 YJ: 2.5" R.E. lift, 31" Swamper SSR's, Olympic Rock bumper, smashed Stainless exhaust, U-bolt skids, Warn M-8000 winch.
'08 Liberty: (wife's DD)

hillbilly

• adam lewis - appalachian american - B.O.D.
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: May 28, 2010, 04:13:54 pm »
alright it finally happened the wifey's jeep is now lifted. after several p.i.a. moments its done. for now.    what was supposed to be a simple new springs lift ended being a replace the lower control arms , damn shocks dont fit (day 1), what the ????. went to autozone returned "lifted vehicle" shocks which are the exact same size as factory. (day 2)shock problem corrected ordered yj brakelines while i was there because they are 3" longer than xj ones, a days wait time. (day 3) went to pick up new brake lines, what the ???? these arent the right ones, the dumb a55e5 ordered stock xj ones, oh by the way the yj ones are kept in stock so a wasted days wait time.jeeps all together now lets take a test drive (day 4) backing out the driveway we heard kabap kabap kabap, now what..the driveshaft yokes were hitting each other, so i installed a 1" tcase drop kit some help but not much. so we go to the boneyard.(day 5) pick up a 1" longer driveshaft and 2 yj yokes because they have more clearance in the ears of course this is 3 driveshafts i dont need so i remove the yokes from the ends, wait wheres the hammer? oh well ill use my 1/2 drive craftsman ratchet as a hammer and bang bang later the ratchet splits off into several pieces ( dont tell sears), finally get home and install the yj yoke onto the 1" longer driveshaft with new u joints and what do you mean its too long now! remove new u joints and install in original driveshaft with yj yoke attached, fits great looks good no banger lets go for a ride, hey whered the big puddle come from.(day6) in my haste to install the new driveshaft assembly i neglected to sand off that little bit of junkyard rust on the slip part and boogered up the seal. so off to autozone for a new seal. 6 dollar part later its installed and a trip to wally world and it works fine now. there will be pics when i figure out where the camera went. lol

lesson learned, take your time dumb a55 and plan it out.

and rule #3 dont believe what your told check it out yourself.
build it, beat it, break it, fix it, repeat
A member of the church requests to be buried in his jeep because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."
   91 xj 8.5" lift -33" x 12.50 and my own additions
 94 xj (wifes) 3.5" lift and the boys 1979 cj7

Jeremy

• View Profile
« Reply #789 on: May 28, 2010, 09:26:07 pm »
Got my LJ rubicon inspected today with a new down pipe and cat.  I need a cat back, tires and a JKS spring spacers in the new future
Jeremy Meehan

etaucher

• View Profile
« Reply #790 on: May 29, 2010, 12:01:21 am »
Installed a new tail pipe, muffler and hollow cat, took it to get it inspected, and turns out my downpipe is full of holes  ::). Called Auto Zone wont be in till Wensday.
Edward Taucher

MUDDY

• Jon Vasellas
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: June 01, 2010, 09:52:02 pm »
Turning the 88 XJ into a trail rig. time for bigger lift and bigger tires. Plus might be making it a all leaf spring jeep. but that's in the future.
98 grand cherokee mild liFT
97 CHEVY 3IN LIFT

etaucher

• View Profile
« Reply #792 on: June 02, 2010, 02:56:44 am »
Got a small Nissan roof rack, so I installed that today. I will get pictures later.
Edward Taucher

Rusty XJ

• Rickie Wilson Jr.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #793 on: June 02, 2010, 09:46:22 am »
I dropped my head off at Leedy's last night to get a valve job and valve seals done. I had the thing at Napa on Industrial Highway for over a month and they apparently forgot it was there or something. Leedy's is not only cheaper but he gave me his word it would be done by thursday or earlier.

Since I figured I had a week or so before I put the engine back together I decided to paint the valve cover, timing cover and intake manifold grabber green. Looks good, very bright!
Rick Wilson Jr.
Is that DEATH WOBBLE or did we just enter Pennsylvania?
'95 XJ 2 Door, 4.0, 5spd, 7" random lift, 35x12.5 BFG ATs, 4.56 gears, Dana 44 Mini-spooled, Dana 30 w/ Detroit Truetrac and manual hubs, Bushwacker Flares, Warrior Front Bumper, JCR Rear Bumper, etc etc...

Rusty XJ

• Rickie Wilson Jr.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #794 on: June 02, 2010, 10:49:40 am »
I'm also going to paint the oil pan grabber green as well. I just have to wait for it to arrive. Out of the oil pans I have, one is crushed, one looks like a grenade went off inside it and has holes, and the one I bought was repaired and I didn't notice it until I cleaned it up. I don't feel comfortable putting an oil pan that's welded in many different places on. So I just said screw it and bought one from RockAuto.
Rick Wilson Jr.
Is that DEATH WOBBLE or did we just enter Pennsylvania?
'95 XJ 2 Door, 4.0, 5spd, 7" random lift, 35x12.5 BFG ATs, 4.56 gears, Dana 44 Mini-spooled, Dana 30 w/ Detroit Truetrac and manual hubs, Bushwacker Flares, Warrior Front Bumper, JCR Rear Bumper, etc etc...