Author Topic: What did you do to your Jeep today?  (Read 712928 times)

Rusty XJ

• Rickie Wilson Jr.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: What did you do to your Jeep today?
« Reply #720 on: March 18, 2010, 08:32:39 pm »
Picked up a set of 5 Brand New 35" BFG Mud Terrain KM1's for a fraction of the cost of a set from the tire stores. Now the Jeep just needs to grow into them.

Angie, the only way the tank would work from the 94 on yours would be to do the radiator swap too. If you don't wanna do the swap then Muddy's tank is the one you want.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 11:43:40 am by Rusty XJ »
Rick Wilson Jr.
Is that DEATH WOBBLE or did we just enter Pennsylvania?
'95 XJ 2 Door, 4.0, 5spd, 7" random lift, 35x12.5 BFG ATs, 4.56 gears, Dana 44 Mini-spooled, Dana 30 w/ Detroit Truetrac and manual hubs, Bushwacker Flares, Warrior Front Bumper, JCR Rear Bumper, etc etc...

chasm

• Blonde / Bomber...
    • View Profile
    • JeepChasm
« Reply #721 on: March 19, 2010, 03:21:05 pm »
Woo Hoo!  ;D
I took Old Yeller out of the garage yesterday afternoon and cruised around Littlestown.

(Me and the CJ3A don't like to drive around in the cold and such with no doors, no top, and no heat... so I've been going out to the garage and starting the old gal up every few weeks through the winter.)
Mike Hardesty aka: "chasm"
'51 CJ3A: Restored Garage Queen
'83 CJ8 Scrambler: To Do List...
'93 YJ: 2.5" R.E. lift, 31" Swamper SSR's, Olympic Rock bumper, smashed Stainless exhaust, U-bolt skids, Warn M-8000 winch.
'08 Liberty: (wife's DD)

chasm

• Blonde / Bomber...
    • View Profile
    • JeepChasm
« Reply #722 on: March 19, 2010, 03:25:44 pm »
Just noticed... I started this thread about 11 months ago and it has had almost 22,000 "reads!"   :o
Mike Hardesty aka: "chasm"
'51 CJ3A: Restored Garage Queen
'83 CJ8 Scrambler: To Do List...
'93 YJ: 2.5" R.E. lift, 31" Swamper SSR's, Olympic Rock bumper, smashed Stainless exhaust, U-bolt skids, Warn M-8000 winch.
'08 Liberty: (wife's DD)

hillbilly

• adam lewis - appalachian american - B.O.D.
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: March 19, 2010, 03:31:07 pm »
went to the boneyard and pulled a bunch of parts including a np231 to rebuild/upgrade and 3 yes 3 front driveshafts.
build it, beat it, break it, fix it, repeat
A member of the church requests to be buried in his jeep because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."
   91 xj 8.5" lift -33" x 12.50 and my own additions
 94 xj (wifes) 3.5" lift and the boys 1979 cj7

Sterner09

• View Profile
« Reply #724 on: March 19, 2010, 06:14:15 pm »
Picked up a set of 5 Brand New 35" BFG Mud Terrain KM1's for a fraction of the cost of a set from the tire stores. Now the Jeep just needs to grow into them.

Angie, the only way the tank would work from the 94 on yours would be to do the radiator swap too. If you don't wanna do the swap then Muddy's tank is the one you want.

where did you get them from, im looking for a deal on 33s
Kevin Sterner

Rebuilding to:

2001 Black XJ
4.5 RC Full Spring Pack, 2 in. BB - 6.5 total
35" Pro Comp X Terrians

Rusty XJ

• Rickie Wilson Jr.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #725 on: March 20, 2010, 09:59:03 pm »
I found them on Craigslist
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 08:21:37 pm by Rusty XJ »
Rick Wilson Jr.
'95 XJ 2 Door, 4.0, 5spd, 7" random lift, 35x12.5 BFG ATs, 4.56 gears, Dana 44 Mini-spooled, Dana 30 w/ Detroit Truetrac and manual hubs, Bushwacker Flares, Warrior Front Bumper, JCR Rear Bumper, etc etc...

Scott Gibson

• View Profile
« Reply #726 on: March 21, 2010, 10:33:37 am »
Put a new set of Metalcloak front tube fenders on the Rubicon.

TJ Frog

• View Profile
« Reply #727 on: March 21, 2010, 01:37:30 pm »
Had a busy weekend with the Jeep.
On Friday installed a new relay for the turn signal lights with a friend.  The left side always blinked faster than the right.  It was very annoying when making left turns to hear it clicking double time.  After swaping out the existing relay and replacing it with the correct one (prior owner installed LED lights in the front) it now blinks at the same rate of speed!  Yay to easy fixes.   :D 
Yesterday installed side steps and some of my new fender flares.  The side steps were easy, 15-20 min each side.  The fender flares were another story... >:(  I only got the front and extension flares on (I'm thinking down the road I'm going to take the extension flares off; not really liking them).  I'll work on the rear fenders another day.  Spent about 9 hours total working on the Jeep, which include some runs to hardware stores trying to figure out what would work to keep the flares on.  I'm still thinking about how to do the rear ones.  I've read you need to take the wheel liner out, but I'm afraid of busting the clips.  All the original nutserts were rusted in, so I can only imagine how fragile the clips are holding the wheel liner in. 
And that's about it.  Couldn't pass up the great weather so put the top down and have been driving it like crazy.  So yes (for now), I'm driving around with non-matching flares and so far no strange looks  :P
Kim Riley

'98 TJ - my toy :)
'06 Liberty - every day vehicle

hillbilly

• adam lewis - appalachian american - B.O.D.
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: March 21, 2010, 08:33:37 pm »
did the sye in my 231 today still probably wont be in the jeep in time for sat.
build it, beat it, break it, fix it, repeat
A member of the church requests to be buried in his jeep because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."
   91 xj 8.5" lift -33" x 12.50 and my own additions
 94 xj (wifes) 3.5" lift and the boys 1979 cj7

Rusty XJ

• Rickie Wilson Jr.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #729 on: March 21, 2010, 09:01:50 pm »
Drove it for the first time in almost 2 years. I ripped it apart about 2 years ago and did a bunch of crap to it and just got it done sorta.

Found out something isn't right with the Dana 44 in the rear. Seems like the pinion depth isn't right at all. I'll hopefully figure that out tomorrow. It makes a humming noise and binds every time I go to pull out. I got a few miles down the road and stopped at Autzone to check the fluid and the cover was hot on the diff. Fluid was at the correct level. Any suggestions on this would be helpful before I go back to the guy who did it and beat him over the head.

Also have a few minor issues, like my drivers front tire rubs on the bushwacker when I turn right. I think this is a combo of the short control arms I have and a slight adjustment required to the bolt holes for the flare.

I also completely forgot that my steering box was about shot so that's gonna need some attention.
Rick Wilson Jr.

Jeremy

• View Profile
« Reply #730 on: March 23, 2010, 03:24:53 pm »
Broke down on Thursday in my 1981 CJ8,  As I came up to the stop sign at the corner of Pine Road and Rt 233 (Keck's Store)  It shut down and refused to restart.  I pushed it into Keck's parking lot and fiddled with it, I got it to crank and start but it will not run in the start position.  Fiddled with it a little more and found some loose wires but then the (*#&(&%^( ignition key will not unlock the ignition and the steering column wouldn't unlock!  I called a friend to pick me up.

Fired up the 1982 and took the tow bar off the 1946,  loaded up with tools and returned.  I still could not get the steering wheel to unlock but dug a portion of my original key out of the passenger side door (where it broke off 11 years ago or so).  Hooked up the tow bar and dragged it to a friends house and left it there to mess with in the light.   I spent the rest of the day Friday trying to get a new  key made (Chrysler "lost" the key codes and can't cut keys anymore from your VIN, a hardware store can't cut keys from a partial,  I ended up at a lock smith who can cut a key from a partial.  Anyway I have a good key now.  I can unlock the steer column now and get it to crank, it still will not run,  I am pretty sure that the starter solenoid is bad and I need a alternator belt.  I will try to get it going again once my next unemployment check comes,  in the mean time it can sit in the field at a friends place.
Jeremy Meehan

MUDDY

• Jon Vasellas
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: March 24, 2010, 12:33:32 am »
just spent 5hrs fixing my cat. this thing can be crush and still wont brake. with sprinkler pipe running through it's bullet proff now. also got my new custom bumper mounted. spent hslf the time fabbing that up. for what i payed it is worth it. adding d-rings and 2in reciever on tomorrow.
98 grand cherokee mild liFT
97 CHEVY 3IN LIFT

Death Wobble

• Angie Zinn - Wall St. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: March 24, 2010, 02:49:18 pm »
Installed my replacement coolant overflow bottle that I got from Jon the other day.
'88 XJ Limited:  4.5" ZONE lift, 32x11.5x15 BFG KM2s, JKS Quicker Discos, Kevin's Off Road rock rails.
'96 XJ Sport: 31x10.5 BFGs, 3" Rusty's lift.
Listen to Clutch.
(and your gut instincts)
CENSORSHIP IS UNAMERICAN!

Scott Gibson

• View Profile
« Reply #733 on: March 27, 2010, 06:13:15 pm »
Installed Xenon 6'' rear flat fender flares,turn signals in the grill and a 60'' Xtreme Hi-lift jack.

Charlie

• PA Jeeps-Vice President
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: March 28, 2010, 07:49:33 am »
Scott, I can't wait to see your rig. I have always admired that Jeep and it sounds like it's getting even better.

Have any pics of it?

Charlie

Oh.....over the last few weeks:
Ted and I rebuilt the rear CV driveshaft again. (More Ted than me) ;)
I had to change out the new spark plugs and install newer sparks plugs because of a check engine light. :-\
Took a 100 mile scenic ride with Wonnita through 4 counties with the top off. ;D
Passed State Inspection. ;D
Tried cleaning all the road chemicals off from winter, they have corroded everything on my Jeep.  >:(
Charlie "The Tuna" Stevens
2004 Wrangler Sport-4 1/2" BDS Suspension, 1 1/4" JKS Body Lift with 35" BFG's