Author Topic: What did you do to your Jeep today?  (Read 709515 times)

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
Re: What did you do to your Jeep today?
« Reply #450 on: October 21, 2009, 09:15:28 pm »
Yes, the SSR's are designed to "toss" the mud as they tread through. Damn good tire.
Do Your Duty And History Will Do You Justice...!
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...

chasm

• Blonde / Bomber...
    • View Profile
    • JeepChasm
« Reply #451 on: October 21, 2009, 11:44:03 pm »
Finished getting Ol' Yeller ready for the Mason Dixon Willys Jeep Gathering this Sunday (Oct. 25).

New dist. cap, points, condensor, rotor, coil, plug wires and an oil change! Put the canvas top back on too.
Mike Hardesty aka: "chasm"
'51 CJ3A: Restored Garage Queen
'83 CJ8 Scrambler: To Do List...
'93 YJ: 2.5" R.E. lift, 31" Swamper SSR's, Olympic Rock bumper, smashed Stainless exhaust, U-bolt skids, Warn M-8000 winch.
'08 Liberty: (wife's DD)

Jeremy

• View Profile
« Reply #452 on: October 22, 2009, 07:16:37 am »
almost done reinstalling the engine in the 1946,  I just need to replace a ground cable and buy some anti freeze some other odds and ends.  Then I can get back to wiring,  remember that this is what parked the darn thing 4 years ago.  I have to replace the ground cable because I was trying to drill out a broke off bolt and the drill slipped sucking the ground cable  into the drill bit which twisted round and round taking a big hunk of my finger skin with it.  (that bleed  a LOT and now as that angry throbbing pain)  Anyway,  It is my hope that it will start in the near future.
Jeremy Meehan

chasm

• Blonde / Bomber...
    • View Profile
    • JeepChasm
« Reply #453 on: October 22, 2009, 11:56:41 am »
almost done reinstalling the engine in the 1946,  I just need to replace a ground cable and buy some anti freeze some other odds and ends.  Then I can get back to wiring,  remember that this is what parked the darn thing 4 years ago.  I have to replace the ground cable because I was trying to drill out a broke off bolt and the drill slipped sucking the ground cable  into the drill bit which twisted round and round taking a big hunk of my finger skin with it.  (that bleed  a LOT and now as that angry throbbing pain)  Anyway,  It is my hope that it will start in the near future.

Don't forget to check your distributor to be sure the plug wires are in the correct order. The original distributors and the aftermarket ones without the vacuum advance have the plug wires located in a different order. (Ask me how I learned that one! ::)) Looking at the Willys manual is only good if you have the original distributor... one of these days, I may ditch the points set-up and go to electronic ignition!  ;)
Mike Hardesty aka: "chasm"
'51 CJ3A: Restored Garage Queen
'83 CJ8 Scrambler: To Do List...
'93 YJ: 2.5" R.E. lift, 31" Swamper SSR's, Olympic Rock bumper, smashed Stainless exhaust, U-bolt skids, Warn M-8000 winch.
'08 Liberty: (wife's DD)

Charlie

• PA Jeeps-Vice President
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 22, 2009, 08:19:47 pm »
Matthew detailed my rig today, since it's my birthday tomorrow he only charged half price! ;D

You gotta love that! :-\
Charlie "The Tuna" Stevens
2004 Wrangler Sport-4 1/2" BDS Suspension, 1 1/4" JKS Body Lift with 35" BFG's

(Tattoo) Jack

• Jack Utter
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 23, 2009, 03:23:54 pm »
he only charged half price! ;D

When my Daughter had her hand out after doing some chores, I told her the same thing my Dad told me (when I tried the same thing) He said... "I fed ya yesterday, didn't I"?  :D

The only way to know your limits...  is to surpass them!

Don't Shop - Adopt
   "Save Your Best Friends Life, Adopt a Rescue"
       If it's not a Dobermann, it's just a Dawg...

Death Wobble

• Angie Zinn - Wall St. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 23, 2009, 03:33:33 pm »
he only charged half price! ;D

When my Daughter had her hand out after doing some chores, I told her the same thing my Dad told me (when I tried the same thing) He said... "I fed ya yesterday, didn't I"?  :D

Which is why my dad hasn't paid me for a haircut in 13 years...
'88 XJ Limited:  4.5" ZONE lift, 32x11.5x15 BFG KM2s, JKS Quicker Discos, Kevin's Off Road rock rails.
'96 XJ Sport: 31x10.5 BFGs, 3" Rusty's lift.
Listen to Clutch.
(and your gut instincts)
CENSORSHIP IS UNAMERICAN!

Death Wobble

• View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 23, 2009, 03:37:40 pm »
Dad and I got one of the rock rails positioned and secured today!  Thanks again to Ted for offering his advice on the matter! It's amazing what a Sawz-all & a little BFH will do to make something fit better!  ;)  Now, I just hope the other side will go on the same way.  Once we make sure that the suckers are truly going to fit right, they'll be painted black.
'88 XJ Limited:  4.5" ZONE lift, 32x11.5x15 BFG KM2s, JKS Quicker Discos, Kevin's Off Road rock rails.
Listen to Clutch.
(and your gut instincts)

(Tattoo) Jack

• Jack Utter
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 23, 2009, 04:24:59 pm »
   I have some Metal Wash/De-greaser (DX330) and Self Etching Primer. Your welcome to use it. I had to get a Qt of the DX330 (and there's still about half left). But I just went out and checked on the Primer, you might want to buy a can, or let me know and I can get one from BABS in Lemoyne, the can I have is pretty low. Self Etching is real important.

Tattoo 8)

Don't Shop - Adopt

MUDDY

• Jon Vasellas
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: October 23, 2009, 05:42:03 pm »
Finally done with the wifes muffler.
98 grand cherokee mild liFT
97 CHEVY 3IN LIFT

Death Wobble

• View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 23, 2009, 07:18:44 pm »
Photos of my rock rails sitting in place...one side, so far.  Wasn't going to paint them until I knew that they both fit.

Listen to Clutch.
(and your gut instincts)

Storman

• Safety/Medical Advisor
  • Norm Eckard
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 23, 2009, 07:37:26 pm »
Looks good Angie,

Now you gotta take it out and see if they work.
2006 Wrangler Golden Eagle Edition w/3" BDS lift, BFG 33X10.50's, Warn front and rear bumpers, Warn 9.5ti winch and a whole lot more...

2009 Wrangler Unlimited X = Stella's DD

(Tattoo) Jack

• Jack Utter
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 24, 2009, 04:33:26 pm »

Sliders are a funny kinda of part. We are real particular about the style and putting them on, making sure that they're exactly where "we" want them, not too far out & not too far in, just the right height. Sand/grind them smooth, wash them down and paint them (no runs, no drips, no errors. OMG... it must be World Series time). Then we'll take them out on the trail (show them to our friends with Pride) and then SMASH THEM AGAINST ROCKS!  Kind of a Love/Hate relationship  ::)

They really look good Ang. I see now why you wanted to get them. Even though they're a PITA, when you're done, you can take pride in knowing that YOU installed them.

Tattoo 8)

Don't Shop - Adopt

Charlie

• PA Jeeps-Vice President
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 24, 2009, 05:20:06 pm »
Angie, looking good. Now about those rocks Jack mentioned! ;D

BTW-Matthew did a great job detailing my Jeep, I took in out and got it dirty in the rain. :'(
Charlie "The Tuna" Stevens
2004 Wrangler Sport-4 1/2" BDS Suspension, 1 1/4" JKS Body Lift with 35" BFG's

Death Wobble

• View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 29, 2009, 02:36:56 pm »
I intend to get the rock rail project finished this weekend!  Working every day lately afforded no time.  Now I have two off--woohoo!  ;D
Listen to Clutch.
(and your gut instincts)