Author Topic: What did you do to your Jeep today?  (Read 709469 times)

hillbilly

• adam lewis - appalachian american - B.O.D.
    • View Profile
Re: What did you do to your Jeep today?
« Reply #240 on: August 03, 2009, 08:27:27 pm »
whew. wasnt me this time i didnt accidently go through(into) frog hole, it was onpurposedently. got the #19 watermarks to prove and claire pulled me out. but i do remember him giving a very strong NO to the lake christy plunge.  and for things done to the JEEP. i had a few chosen words for the ole ladys zj on not being able to find a trans yet.
build it, beat it, break it, fix it, repeat
A member of the church requests to be buried in his jeep because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."
   91 xj 8.5" lift -33" x 12.50 and my own additions
 94 xj (wifes) 3.5" lift and the boys 1979 cj7

DeadheadTJ

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 06, 2009, 11:38:40 pm »
If anybody gives a hoot, I FINALLY installed the Olympic front stinger bumper (thanks Scott) and the OR Fab rear bumper (thanks Mike). I also bought a slide-in tow hook (thanks Harbor Freight) for the OR Fab bumper since it has a 2" receiver.

The stinger was an easy install although it didn't want to cooperate with the stock bumper. Did some cutting to the stocker and still came up with a big zero. So as it is, the only "bumper" on the front is the Stinger. I wonder why the cops were giving me the hairy eyeball today?

The OR Fab was a little more work. I upgraded to 1/2" bolts (grade 5...for now, until I can find suitable grade 8's) and had to hog out all of the mounting holes with a Dremel. Slight alignment issues, but again a workout for the Dremel. The Bestop flares also needed Dremel-ized to accomodate the wrap-around feature on the bumper. Nice and beefy bumper...

My Kongo Kage now has a new set of crossbars to handle our 2 kayaks. It's a deluxe set of 2 1/2" PVC pipes that are capped off and radiator hose clamp'd to the Kage. Cheap, convenient, and easy...I'm all about that.

I also bought a new steering damper that I'll install when I find another free hour that I don't know what to do with. The current one is OEM and it's getting a little shaky, so it's gotta go. I guess instead of playing golf tomorrow, I could knock that one out. Tough calll...
'99 TJ Sport (Trail Rig, Weekend Toy)
'10 F150 XLT 4x4  (Daily Driver, Tow Rig)
'04 Jeep Grand Cherokee (the Better Half's!)
Martin "DeadheadTJ" Rohrbach

chasm

• Blonde / Bomber...
    • View Profile
    • JeepChasm
« Reply #242 on: August 07, 2009, 10:44:12 am »
Took Ol' Yeller for a spin down to Taneytown to see Jenn & Dave, and check out their new donor Willys. Nothing like taking a spin in an early CJ on a warm summer evening!
Mike Hardesty aka: "chasm"
'51 CJ3A: Restored Garage Queen
'83 CJ8 Scrambler: To Do List...
'93 YJ: 2.5" R.E. lift, 31" Swamper SSR's, Olympic Rock bumper, smashed Stainless exhaust, U-bolt skids, Warn M-8000 winch.
'08 Liberty: (wife's DD)

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 07, 2009, 09:34:03 pm »
LOL Mike and Dave were comparing Willys. (Sorry had to do it) :P

Took the body off of my CJ2A today. pictures to be posted soon in my work in progress section.
"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
89 V8 Yj, some lift, some tires and some extras!
96 Cherokee Sport (Daves beater)
1947 CJ2-A

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly,Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile

Charlie

• PA Jeeps-Vice President
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 07, 2009, 09:36:58 pm »
Mike and Dave were comparing Willys

Jenn, I give up. Who had the nicest one ???

(this is gonna be good)  8)
Charlie "The Tuna" Stevens
2004 Wrangler Sport-4 1/2" BDS Suspension, 1 1/4" JKS Body Lift with 35" BFG's

canman35

• bob bracken
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 09, 2009, 02:28:44 am »
Installed an aux. fuse block in mine to power up the accesories.This was alot easier than trying to run wires to the factory ones and it looks cleaner after you run the wires to it. 8)
2008 jk  35" bfg's, 4'lift, disco's,  diff covers, 4:88's, limited slip front and rear, cold air intake, "cherry bomb" catback exhuast, Hypertec max programmer, bushwaker flares, stainless steel bumpers and nerf bars,coverking seat covers, cb
2007 liberty daughters daily driver.

Jeremy

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 09, 2009, 04:07:17 pm »
I drove the 1982 scrambler to Shippensburg and pulled a engine for my 1946 cj2a.  brought it home in the back while not running down the bicycle race and or suicidal Amish  on route 11.  Dragged  the '46 across the yard into the drive way,  set up the tripod and come-a-long.  Removed engine from the back of the scrambler.  Cleaned up all the antifreeze that leaked all over the inside of the scrambler and degrease the engine in preparation to install it.  Now in near heat exhaustion,  I'm taking a break.  whoa!

Anyone got any suggestion on what color to paint the engine?  Jeep color is dark blue,  I don't want black,  hides the oil leaks.
Jeremy Meehan

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 09, 2009, 09:56:26 pm »
I drove the 1982 scrambler to Shippensburg and pulled a engine for my 1946 cj2a. brought it home in the back while not running down the bicycle race and or suicidal Amish on route 11. Dragged the '46 across the yard into the drive way, set up the tripod and come-a-long. Removed engine from the back of the scrambler. Cleaned up all the antifreeze that leaked all over the inside of the scrambler and degrease the engine in preparation to install it. Now in near heat exhaustion, I'm taking a break. whoa!

Anyone got any suggestion on what color to paint the engine? Jeep color is dark blue, I don't want black, hides the oil leaks.

Orange
"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
1947 CJ2-A

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly,Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile

Charlie

• PA Jeeps-Vice President
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 09, 2009, 10:39:11 pm »
Put a front passenger side wheel bearing assembly in Michael's XJ.... Good to go now!
Charlie "The Tuna" Stevens
2004 Wrangler Sport-4 1/2" BDS Suspension, 1 1/4" JKS Body Lift with 35" BFG's

slbgoldie

• S. L. Breeden
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 11, 2009, 05:45:01 pm »
What did I do to my Jeep today?

What didn't do!!!

I was just standing back looking at Barney and decided that he need a paint job----Alas the Krylon touch, I have always liked black.

Them I found a grey hard top, and since the rag top was wearing-out, I changed the top out.

Then I put on some stock bumpers and removed the rusty old winch.

Looks almost new but more like just a few years old with 14,000 miles on it.

The black really looked great, but it needed something to make it stand out---I found the prefect solution--RUBICON --along the side of the hood.

And the rear locker really works great too

BTW Barney has been rechristened ---- James

Wish I had some before and after pictures, sorry

KY Steve

Storman

• Safety/Medical Advisor
  • Norm Eckard
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 15, 2009, 01:33:52 pm »
My Jeep got a new girlfriend today.     ;D

We picked up Stella's 2009 Unlimited X in Flame Red.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 02:33:20 pm by Storman »
2006 Wrangler Golden Eagle Edition w/3" BDS lift, BFG 33X10.50's, Warn front and rear bumpers, Warn 9.5ti winch and a whole lot more...

2009 Wrangler Unlimited X = Stella's DD

chasm

• Blonde / Bomber...
    • View Profile
    • JeepChasm
« Reply #251 on: August 15, 2009, 08:54:13 pm »
My Jeep got a new girlfriend today.     ;D

We picked up Stella's 2009 Unlimited X in Flame Red.

Congrats Norm & Stella!

When's the Christening?  ;D
'93 YJ: 2.5" R.E. lift, 31" Swamper SSR's, Olympic Rock bumper, smashed Stainless exhaust, U-bolt skids, Warn M-8000 winch.

chasm

• Blonde / Bomber...
    • View Profile
    • JeepChasm
« Reply #252 on: August 15, 2009, 08:56:30 pm »
Took the '93 YJ out for a 6 hour spin at Rausch Creek today!  ;D

Gave the new Super Swamper SSR's a nice breaking in!  ;)

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 16, 2009, 11:45:46 am »
Went out into the garage to stare at the broken front axle shaft. I got that one from Wayne it must have been defective.
"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
1947 CJ2-A

chasm

• Blonde / Bomber...
    • View Profile
    • JeepChasm
« Reply #254 on: August 16, 2009, 03:10:02 pm »
The President gave you "the shaft?"  >:(