Author Topic: What did you do to your Jeep today?  (Read 709580 times)

Blue KJ in PA

• Brian Davis
    • View Profile
Re: What did you do to your Jeep today?
« Reply #225 on: August 01, 2009, 01:07:13 am »
While the P0456 is indicative of a faulty gas cap...it is often the code that comes before the P0442 that I had.  Go under the rea and look up by the gas tank to look for the rubber hose that goes bad... pic of the hose that cracks is in this thread... http://www.lostkjs.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25207&highlight=p0456
Brian Davis
2003 Jeep KJ, Liberty Sport
Rock Lizard Super Skinks and Bridgestone Dueller Revos currently only non stock items
On the horizon is a Frankenlift

Death Wobble

• Angie Zinn - Wall St. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 01, 2009, 01:28:07 pm »
Sucker cranked but wouldn't start again...exactly one year from the last time this happened.  Only, this time I went straight for the CPS plug, opened it, blew off a large speck of dirt, replugged it and that solved the problem!
'88 XJ Limited:  4.5" ZONE lift, 32x11.5x15 BFG KM2s, JKS Quicker Discos, Kevin's Off Road rock rails.
'96 XJ Sport: 31x10.5 BFGs, 3" Rusty's lift.
Listen to Clutch.
(and your gut instincts)
CENSORSHIP IS UNAMERICAN!

Itikuo

« Reply #227 on: August 01, 2009, 07:59:25 pm »
Checked my tire pressure average 10PSI lower than it should be at. Amazing the difference in driving when I put the tires up to 40PSI max of 44PSI.

Visually checked emission pipe doesn't appear to be damaged but need to buy a tool to take it off and examine it further. Gas Cap seems to be in order and still haven't fixed the windshield washer tube yet. (10 more bugs exploded on windshield today)

Ordered a cold Intake kit(3 days ETA), replaced spark plugs and their wiring with high performance ones. Ordered new bumper cover from Chrysler(2 days ETA). Google Searched for a place locally I could get to make me a custom spare tire cover.

N3IW

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 01, 2009, 10:26:18 pm »
Got some Sullivan County mud on it.
Chip Morgan

2000 Wrangler TJ Sport - minor lift + 1.25" BL on 33s; many, many skid plates with more to come

Itikuo

« Reply #229 on: August 02, 2009, 12:10:36 am »
Ran over a frog...

canman35

• bob bracken
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 02, 2009, 01:58:40 am »
Installed oil,trans,transfer, and gas tank skids from Skid Row.Now I will feel a little more assured when climbing over the "obstacles" on the trails ;D
2008 jk  35" bfg's, 4'lift, disco's,  diff covers, 4:88's, limited slip front and rear, cold air intake, "cherry bomb" catback exhuast, Hypertec max programmer, bushwaker flares, stainless steel bumpers and nerf bars,coverking seat covers, cb
2007 liberty daughters daily driver.

Death Wobble

• Angie Zinn - Wall St. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 02, 2009, 08:47:25 am »
Bob, I wasn't aware that you *ever* ran into trouble driving that monster!
'88 XJ Limited:  4.5" ZONE lift, 32x11.5x15 BFG KM2s, JKS Quicker Discos, Kevin's Off Road rock rails.
'96 XJ Sport: 31x10.5 BFGs, 3" Rusty's lift.
Listen to Clutch.
(and your gut instincts)
CENSORSHIP IS UNAMERICAN!

canman35

• bob bracken
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 02, 2009, 09:17:48 am »
Well ,there are some obstacles :o,ROCKS, that were NOT my friends over the past few trips. They had my stock skid plates pretty bent, up so rather than sitting along the roadways with a leak somewhere I upgraded.
2008 jk  35" bfg's, 4'lift, disco's,  diff covers, 4:88's, limited slip front and rear, cold air intake, "cherry bomb" catback exhuast, Hypertec max programmer, bushwaker flares, stainless steel bumpers and nerf bars,coverking seat covers, cb

hillbilly

• adam lewis - appalachian american - B.O.D.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 02, 2009, 09:28:00 am »
i thought the biggest obstacle was getting it dirty,thats a lot of shine to polish. lol
build it, beat it, break it, fix it, repeat
A member of the church requests to be buried in his jeep because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."
   91 xj 8.5" lift -33" x 12.50 and my own additions
 94 xj (wifes) 3.5" lift and the boys 1979 cj7

canman35

• bob bracken
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 02, 2009, 11:02:05 am »
Yea, It is a pain to spend 4 hours digging the R.C. mud and whatever else is stuck to it after each trip but it is SOOOOO worth ;D Like all my friends say it is the SHOW and GO rig !!

Blue KJ in PA

• Brian Davis
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 02, 2009, 06:00:11 pm »
Got my new Bridgestone Dueler Revos installed on the KJ and then dropped it off at the mechanic so he can reinspect it since the old ones were too bald and the faulty piece of hose has been replaced on the EGR loop.
Brian Davis
2003 Jeep KJ, Liberty Sport
Rock Lizard Super Skinks and Bridgestone Dueller Revos currently only non stock items
On the horizon is a Frankenlift

dadseagleeyes

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 02, 2009, 09:16:50 pm »
finally got new flares and installed them on my tj to cover those 35x12.5 bgf mudders
Charlie Jenkins
97 TJ 4in RC LA,quick disconnects,35x12.5x15 BFG KM Mud Terrian on 15x10 rock crawler rims,jet chip,throttle spacer,thrush exhaust,rock crawler frt bumper,aussie frt locker,
more to come,,,,,,,

Charlie

• PA Jeeps-Vice President
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 03, 2009, 04:22:18 pm »
Bob, please notice I am refraining from the bustification of your chops here.  ;D

It is very shinny. 8)
Charlie "The Tuna" Stevens
2004 Wrangler Sport-4 1/2" BDS Suspension, 1 1/4" JKS Body Lift with 35" BFG's

emgraz

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 03, 2009, 04:41:29 pm »
Didn't someone "accidently" go into Frog Hole at Rausch a few months back???

That was some good times there....  :)

I'm not bustifying...just stating the truths that be.....  :)

Erica
Matt and Erica Graziosi

2000 Sahara with 3" BDS suspension lift, BFG mud terrain 33's, jks disconnects, Rhino Lining...(we're starting the JEEP mantra, we're emptying our pockets......)  ***Just added ARB Rocker Guards***

canman35

• bob bracken
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 03, 2009, 06:23:22 pm »
Yea, "accidently" went through the FROG HOLE :o and NO one followed me through. It was'nt so "shinney" after that episode :( Well what can I say ;D