Author Topic: What did you do to your Jeep today?  (Read 709682 times)

Blue KJ in PA

• Brian Davis
    • View Profile
Re: What did you do to your Jeep today?
« Reply #210 on: July 30, 2009, 11:55:39 pm »
Itikuo You can donate those tires...They make really nice tire swings for children  ;D

Could be a new vendor at the 2010 Jeep show...Goodyear Wrangler tireswings
Brian Davis
2003 Jeep KJ, Liberty Sport
Rock Lizard Super Skinks and Bridgestone Dueller Revos currently only non stock items
On the horizon is a Frankenlift

Itikuo

« Reply #211 on: July 31, 2009, 01:08:34 am »

Did you determine the code for the MIL...I just fixed a P0442 on my KJ after failing my inspection/emissions for bald tires (why it took 3 tries to get up the big hill at the PAJeeps show) and for the MIL light being on.  Turns out it was a rubber hose in the rear by the gas tank where 2 hard plastic tubes connect.  50 cent piece of rubber hose and it's fixed...order my new set of Bridgestone Dueler AT Revos and they get put on Sunday.

I suppose by determine you mean hooking it up to a diagnostic machine. Nope don't have one. Though this light has come on before a few times for long struts and I found if I lifted up and put back down the rear windshield wiper it would turn off. Is it possible it could be a sensor there saying the wiper blade is not returning to its correct location or something?

Blue KJ in PA

• Brian Davis
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 31, 2009, 08:40:45 am »
I suppose by determine you mean hooking it up to a diagnostic machine. Nope don't have one. Though this light has come on before a few times for long struts and I found if I lifted up and put back down the rear windshield wiper it would turn off. Is it possible it could be a sensor there saying the wiper blade is not returning to its correct location or something?

Turn the key from off to on (but not start) for 3 times...on the third time to on the odometer are should display the error code...I think 05 is the last year that this still works for...otherwise you can pop over to Advance Auto and have they hook up their Scangauge.
Brian Davis
2003 Jeep KJ, Liberty Sport
Rock Lizard Super Skinks and Bridgestone Dueller Revos currently only non stock items
On the horizon is a Frankenlift

N3IW

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 31, 2009, 10:58:29 am »
Loaded it up for a trip to the woods of Sullivan County and a large blueberry swamp.
Chip Morgan

2000 Wrangler TJ Sport - minor lift + 1.25" BL on 33s; many, many skid plates with more to come

Itikuo

« Reply #214 on: July 31, 2009, 05:37:26 pm »
Ran out of gas in the middle of a extremely busy intersection. People honked I gave the finger. A fellow Jeep owner came up with some tow chains and pulled me to the nearest gas station. <3 JEEP!

Itikuo

« Reply #215 on: July 31, 2009, 08:25:25 pm »

Turn the key from off to on (but not start) for 3 times...on the third time to on the odometer are should display the error code...I think 05 is the last year that this still works for...otherwise you can pop over to Advance Auto and have they hook up their Scangauge.

Wow that actually worked. I did it and it gave me P0456 I'm looking up on google what It means right now.

Itikuo

« Reply #216 on: July 31, 2009, 08:31:35 pm »
Apparently it could be as simple as my gas cap not being on right. Or what I believe it is: After I hit that guard rail a couple months ago something happened to the windshield wiper spray. As to say when I go to use it I get a puddle of fluid under the holding receptical on the ground. I think I've located the loose and but need to take out the fender of the wheel well to get access to it. It seems its just the connecting tube came off and thats why I'm getting this problem. I got a project for saturday yay. Will also buy a new gas cap if the light still is on. I also heard it could be something with the battery and to unconnect the battery for 20 min then hook it back up.

If anyone else has some insight to what it could be incase its not the wiper fluid tube, gas cap, battery. Code P0456

(Tattoo) Jack

• Jack Utter
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 31, 2009, 08:36:42 pm »
Ran out of gas in the middle of a extremely busy intersection. People honked I gave the finger.

Hey... if you caused the problem, then why are you giving them the finger  ???  It's your fault, be a man and own it.

The only way to know your limits...  is to surpass them!

Don't Shop - Adopt
   "Save Your Best Friends Life, Adopt a Rescue"
       If it's not a Dobermann, it's just a Dawg...

(Tattoo) Jack

• Jack Utter
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 31, 2009, 08:59:19 pm »

If you do make any changes, i.e., install a Cold Air Intake, change the muffler, install a new 02 sensor, etc. you should disconnect the battery, get in and turn the ignition key on as if to start it and hold it for 30 seconds, turn key off, re-connect the battery, start it and LET IT IDLE for about 3 minutes DO NOT TOUCH the accelerator, just let it run its diagnostic check of all the sensors and reset its parameters. Doing this should also clear the Codes.
    You could already have fixed the problem, but the Code wasn't cleared yet.

Turning the key on is a faster way of re-setting the ECM instead of just letting it sit for 20 minutes.

The only way to know your limits...  is to surpass them!

Don't Shop - Adopt
   "Save Your Best Friends Life, Adopt a Rescue"
       If it's not a Dobermann, it's just a Dawg...

Itikuo

« Reply #219 on: July 31, 2009, 09:33:00 pm »

Hey... if you caused the problem, then why are you giving them the finger  ???  It's your fault, be a man and own it.

Well its just stupid to honk at someone when obviously their vehicle is not working cause they are standing on the side pushing it by themselves. Only gave the finger to anyone who yelled "Get it out the way" I yelled back "Lets see you push a 2000+ lb vehicle by yourself BUTThole"
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 09:36:19 pm by Charlie »

Charlie

• PA Jeeps-Vice President
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 31, 2009, 09:38:05 pm »
Please try to keep the verbage on a family level. 8)

Thank you.

Charlie
Charlie "The Tuna" Stevens
2004 Wrangler Sport-4 1/2" BDS Suspension, 1 1/4" JKS Body Lift with 35" BFG's

Itikuo

« Reply #221 on: July 31, 2009, 09:50:50 pm »
Sorry about that charlie. I'll keep that in mind from now on.

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 31, 2009, 11:36:13 pm »
Got the Willys running today! ;D
"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
89 V8 Yj, some lift, some tires and some extras!
96 Cherokee Sport (Daves beater)
1947 CJ2-A

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly,Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile

Death Wobble

• Angie Zinn - Wall St. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 31, 2009, 11:59:54 pm »
Got the Willys running today! ;D

Great!  Now you can drive it to the next meeting!  ;)
'88 XJ Limited:  4.5" ZONE lift, 32x11.5x15 BFG KM2s, JKS Quicker Discos, Kevin's Off Road rock rails.
'96 XJ Sport: 31x10.5 BFGs, 3" Rusty's lift.
Listen to Clutch.
(and your gut instincts)
CENSORSHIP IS UNAMERICAN!

Itikuo

« Reply #224 on: August 01, 2009, 12:27:21 am »
This is more of a yesterday with today being the final result. Went to Giant yesterday to buy some Ice Cream with wife and some power ball tickets. Found 2 mix and match tickets one was a dud the other won me $2,000!!! so I took my Jeep again today (after running out of gas and all that) to the PA State Lottery Building to collect my check of $1300 :)

I have 3 options with my half of $650

1) Buy something for my KJ
2) Use this as down payment for a better Jeep
3) Buy an old Wrangler

My wife insists I contribute to her purchases

4) Buy her a $78 purse she wants
5) Buy her a new piece of Jewerly
6) Get her a year supply of prescripted Contact Lenses
7) Pay off our joint credit card

I said I'd think about it...  ;D

Although she was so happy she suggested a Hummer  ;)