Author Topic: What did you do to your Jeep today?  (Read 709717 times)

MUDDY

• Jon Vasellas
    • View Profile
Re: What did you do to your Jeep today?
« Reply #690 on: February 21, 2010, 10:23:05 pm »
Wobble the only thing going to be left after i'm done is the body. And thats it no doors, hatch, no nothing. everything is being swapped over.
98 grand cherokee mild liFT
97 CHEVY 3IN LIFT

Rusty XJ

• Rickie Wilson Jr.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #691 on: February 23, 2010, 10:39:03 pm »
Bought a Ford 8.8 w/ an adjustable trac bar already set up for the rear of the ZJ. Also got some tow hooks for the front and a t-case skid plate. Probably rip the 8.8 apart tomorrow and replace the seals and freshen it up before throwing it in.
Rick Wilson Jr.
Is that DEATH WOBBLE or did we just enter Pennsylvania?
'95 XJ 2 Door, 4.0, 5spd, 7" random lift, 35x12.5 BFG ATs, 4.56 gears, Dana 44 Mini-spooled, Dana 30 w/ Detroit Truetrac and manual hubs, Bushwacker Flares, Warrior Front Bumper, JCR Rear Bumper, etc etc...

Blue KJ in PA

• Brian Davis
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: February 26, 2010, 12:46:26 pm »
I thanked my KJ for it's great ability to pass through the white-out conditions on Rt24 below Red Lion this morning and that after sitting in drifts on List Road for 30 minutes waiting for the Chevy Silverado that got stuck trying to dig out and then pull out a Honda Element from the drifts moved to the side it simply pulled out of the dift I was in and drove through the others like nothing was there.

Oh, and I couldn't turn around because a F150 was stuck blocking the road behind me and the drifts on either side of the road were vehicle high.  As I pulled away the wind paused enough that I could see a line of vehicles behind the F150.

Brian Davis
2003 Jeep KJ, Liberty Sport
Rock Lizard Super Skinks and Bridgestone Dueller Revos currently only non stock items
On the horizon is a Frankenlift

Jeremy

• View Profile
« Reply #693 on: March 02, 2010, 02:32:39 pm »
My blue 1981 CJ8 is now legal again,  Registration paid,  PA Inspection done, and a new steering box installed, done by Mt. Zion in Dover.  Not especially cheap to fix it up and put it back on the road but It runs and now I can drive it.    Now,  it is still in desperate need of 4:10 gears.
Jeremy Meehan

ZJBearsFan

• Alexander Harlacher
    • View Profile
    • my space
« Reply #694 on: March 04, 2010, 04:46:06 pm »
i started my Jeep it has not been started and moved in over 4 or five months.
If it ain't broke, Wheel IT!!!

1993 ZJ 2" Spacers, Newer XJ wheels

(Tattoo) Jack

• Jack Utter
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: March 04, 2010, 04:49:28 pm »

Hey Alex! We thought you left town  :(  Good to hear from ya...

Tatt

The only way to know your limits...  is to surpass them!

Don't Shop - Adopt
   "Save Your Best Friends Life, Adopt a Rescue"
       If it's not a Dobermann, it's just a Dawg...

Scott Gibson

• View Profile
« Reply #696 on: March 04, 2010, 05:00:27 pm »
$500.00 Brake job.

Rusty XJ

• Rickie Wilson Jr.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #697 on: March 04, 2010, 05:23:08 pm »
What kinda brake job did you do, I've bought whole Jeeps with brand new brakes for less than that!  ;D
Rick Wilson Jr.
'95 XJ 2 Door, 4.0, 5spd, 7" random lift, 35x12.5 BFG ATs, 4.56 gears, Dana 44 Mini-spooled, Dana 30 w/ Detroit Truetrac and manual hubs, Bushwacker Flares, Warrior Front Bumper, JCR Rear Bumper, etc etc...

Scott Gibson

• View Profile
« Reply #698 on: March 04, 2010, 07:33:50 pm »
Took it to a local shop and they turned all 4 rotors and replaced all pads.

hillbilly

• adam lewis - appalachian american - B.O.D.
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: March 04, 2010, 08:40:33 pm »
wow like he said $500.    put the swampers back on today after swapping on the 35's i got up for sale, just to see how they looked.
look great and smash snow real good.
build it, beat it, break it, fix it, repeat
A member of the church requests to be buried in his jeep because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."
   91 xj 8.5" lift -33" x 12.50 and my own additions
 94 xj (wifes) 3.5" lift and the boys 1979 cj7

Rusty XJ

• Rickie Wilson Jr.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #700 on: March 08, 2010, 09:22:46 pm »
I came home and was all excited to have recieved my 2" BB.  Once I got it open, I realized they forgot to ship half the stuff.  I then assembled the engine hoist with hopes of taking the motor out of the ZJ. I then realized that was a failure too because the chain to strap it to the motor was MIA. Only good news about my Jeeps today is that I found a set of reasonably priced 7" coils for the XJ. Hopefully my half of the $8,000 first time homebuyer tax credit is going to a long arm upgrade.
Rick Wilson Jr.

hillbilly

• adam lewis - appalachian american - B.O.D.
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: March 08, 2010, 10:15:46 pm »
???  ;)
build it, beat it, break it, fix it, repeat
A member of the church requests to be buried in his jeep because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."
   91 xj 8.5" lift -33" x 12.50 and my own additions
 94 xj (wifes) 3.5" lift and the boys 1979 cj7

l-hibbler

• View Profile
« Reply #702 on: March 11, 2010, 10:07:56 pm »
Not all today but this week.  Put my new ruff stuff diff covers on which didn't end up as easy as i had planned the front that is the back went on smooth.  my tie rod was bent back enough that i couldn't put the new cover on, so i rotated the tie rod somewhere around 1/3 to half a turn.  today i put some more sound in the jeep, pyle 8" wakeboard speakers they mount on the roll bar. i found out that the stock head unit powers them nicely so i won't be hooking the amp up yet.
Luke Hibbler    Eagle Valley Off Roaders  "EVOR"

DeadheadTJ

• View Profile
« Reply #703 on: March 11, 2010, 11:57:22 pm »
Called Hoak's and ordered a brand-spank-me-new Warn M8000...only downside, it won't be here until the end of the month. Scored a mounting plate a couple weeks ago (thanks, Keith!) and will start cleaning/prepping it for paint next week. Ordered a Daystar Isolator Block from 4 Wheel Parts, and stopped at Harbor Freight for a Tree Saver and Snatch Block only to discover that they had none.

Also finished wiring a pair of those Sound Pod thingamajigs...the ones that mount around the base of the 'cage on TJs. Added a pair of 6 1/2" woofs and a pair of tweeters. Scavenged them off of eBay for $30 new...Scratch-n-Dent kinda deal. Should be a tad better than those cheesy soundbar 5 1/4" junkers.
'99 TJ Sport (Trail Rig, Weekend Toy)
'10 F150 XLT 4x4  (Daily Driver, Tow Rig)
'04 Jeep Grand Cherokee (the Better Half's!)
Martin "DeadheadTJ" Rohrbach

emgraz

• View Profile
« Reply #704 on: March 12, 2010, 07:31:17 am »
Scott....next time break work needs done, call Matt--he did his by hisself and I know it cost at least 1/2 of what you paid!!!  :)

Erica
Matt and Erica Graziosi

2000 Sahara with 3" BDS suspension lift, BFG mud terrain 33's, jks disconnects, Rhino Lining...(we're starting the JEEP mantra, we're emptying our pockets......)  ***Just added ARB Rocker Guards***