Author Topic: What did you do to your Jeep today?  (Read 709597 times)

spiceywolf

• i am so likeing the green color
    • View Profile
Re: What did you do to your Jeep today?
« Reply #1155 on: October 13, 2014, 08:29:09 pm »
all my jeeper friends,
I need your help, my 98 tj 2.5 ltr 4 cyclinder is running rough, idle doesn't seem to stay steady,
almost stalls at times, I front back fire every now and then, mechanic and I checked all hoses
and no leaks, need so ideas on what else could be wrong.......HELP

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: October 22, 2014, 05:47:26 pm »
It could be choking on all the duct tape?
Do Your Duty And History Will Do You Justice...!
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: October 22, 2014, 05:49:12 pm »
My LJ is back at A to Z Fabrication...Anti-Rock Sway Bar and Comp Bumper fabricated specifically as I "Just Empty Evert Pocket"!
Do Your Duty And History Will Do You Justice...!
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...

PaulW

• Dunno what goes here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: October 24, 2014, 08:25:51 pm »
Sadly enough, I put more gas in mine.  Seems to be a never ending battle that I just cannot win.
04 TJ, bastard lift, 33's, winch, bumpers, dents and scratches and it's not even paid for yet!  Paul Wilks.

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: November 28, 2014, 12:43:26 pm »
I greased all the joints and changed the rear end fluid in the ole girl....came home yesterday to find a flat front tire... ::)
"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
89 V8 Yj, some lift, some tires and some extras!
96 Cherokee Sport (Daves beater)
1947 CJ2-A

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly,Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile

Death Wobble

• Angie Zinn - Wall St. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: July 28, 2015, 07:39:01 pm »
Just got totaled by a hit and run drunk driver...on a Tuesday afternoon...got whiplash but I also got his license number.  The cops apprehended him about a mile up the road where he pulled over to look at his own damage.

I can't believe my Jeep is gone.  Ironic thing was that the guy was driving a Wrangler...no respect for fellow Jeepers.  Cops told me the guy also admitted to hitting someone else earlier in the day on the other side of town!

RIP Wobble, my baby...and daily driver.
'88 XJ Limited:  4.5" ZONE lift, 32x11.5x15 BFG KM2s, JKS Quicker Discos, Kevin's Off Road rock rails.
'96 XJ Sport: 31x10.5 BFGs, 3" Rusty's lift.
Listen to Clutch.
(and your gut instincts)
CENSORSHIP IS UNAMERICAN!

HANGMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: July 28, 2015, 07:58:48 pm »
DW, Hope your whiplash is very minor and recovery is fast. Where did this happen?
Sad about your baby. :'( Totaled?
74 jeep CJ5  ( PACKMULE )
BOB BEHLER
OVER, THROUGH OR UNDER

Death Wobble

• View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: July 28, 2015, 09:38:24 pm »
I was leaving Weis Markets, heading straight onto Greenbriar Rd.  Guy was in right turn lane for southbound Roosevelt Ave. He looked over, backed up, and got behind me.  (I thought that was strange).  When I got up to Brandywine Ln. I put my left signal on for Aslan Dr.  Stopped to let 3 oncoming vehicles pass and next thing I know he rams me at top speed, swerves around the left side of me and flies up Greenbriar!  I have excellent vision so I honed in on his license plate and when I called 911 I spat out that number and asked, Did you get that?  Dispatcher said yes.  Told him I pulled off at Karyl Ln. but I can't drive it any further.  Cop came and flew past me...was wondering why, but figured dispatcher sent him after the bad guy. 

A vehicle behind us followed him and later came back to me and said that they wanted to find out where he went for me.  I thought that was great of those guys to do that.  I don't know if they spoke to the cops or not; in all the chaos I didn't get their names.  The cop took a full report and the guy is in custody.  Both vehicles were towed.

While I was sitting on the grass talking to the cop and feeling sorry for myself, another guy in a lifted rig drove by and looked on sadly...

I don't know if the perpetrator was drinking in a bar or what, but if so, that bar should be cited for serving a drunk and letting him leave!  He came east from Loucks Rd., perhaps he was at the Westgate?

The tow truck guy said that it would probably be totaled.  I was hit so hard that the floor and roof were bent up!  Knocked the leaf spring off the right side into the tailpipe, bent that side panel into my tire. Cracked the back door in half at one point, blew out the rear window.  Just thankful that I still had all my gear bungeed and ziptied down or I could have gotten killed by flying tools.  He knocked my spare tire off its mount and one box came loose and moved forward but stopped where I had the rear seat folded up.  The rearview mirror even flew off, as did my sunglasses and headband.  So glad that I got his license plate or he would have gotten away with it.

Called my dad with his pickup truck to load all my gear so that nothing would be left to steal while it sits at the garage.  Now I have to pull out all my receipts and account for all my modifications and their values for the insurance.  Hope to salvage some of my add-ons, but I don't know what's going to happen next.
'88 XJ Limited:  4.5" ZONE lift, 32x11.5x15 BFG KM2s, JKS Quicker Discos, Kevin's Off Road rock rails.
Listen to Clutch.
(and your gut instincts)

HANGMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: July 28, 2015, 11:18:57 pm »
Wow with that impact and your up walking around I assume, after sitting on the grass?  Lucky girl.  Looks like your baby took the hit just right to protect you somewhat. It's a shame the DUI didn't go off at the curve on Greenbrier.
Had the DUI tried to pass you on the left as you turned in Aslan Dr. you could have been T-Boned.
PM sent, Bob B.

74 jeep CJ5  ( PACKMULE )
BOB BEHLER
OVER, THROUGH OR UNDER

(Tattoo) Jack

• Jack Utter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: July 29, 2015, 05:14:00 am »

Sorry to hear about Wobble, glad u weren't seriously injured (pending the Whiplash results). Keep us updated on ur recovery.

Best, Jack
The only way to know your limits...  is to surpass them!

Don't Shop - Adopt
   "Save Your Best Friends Life, Adopt a Rescue"
       If it's not a Dobermann, it's just a Dawg...

Death Wobble

• View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: July 30, 2015, 09:41:48 am »
Update:  The guy who hit me wasn't drunk, he was HIGH ON HEROIN!  Then, he tried to kill himself after the fact, so they put him in the hospital.  Cops searched his Jeep and found even more heroin!  I also found out that his insurance expired in December, and his registration in May. 

We the taxpayers are going to spend tens of thousands of dollars to nurse this guy back to health, while I, the innocent one, have no way to file an insurance claim against him.  I'll have to file a civil suit, and from what I've learned about this guy, he probably doesn't have any money.

My neck still hurts.  I had the garage bring Wobble home so I don't have to pay daily storage fees.
Listen to Clutch.
(and your gut instincts)

Death Wobble

• View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: August 03, 2015, 09:44:10 pm »
Photos of the damage: http://s355.photobucket.com/user/DeathWobblePA/library/RIP%20Death%20Wobble?sort=2&page=1

I may be going to look at another XJ for sale tomorrow. 
Listen to Clutch.
(and your gut instincts)

(Tattoo) Jack

• Jack Utter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: August 04, 2015, 04:27:03 pm »

WOW ... Got hit pretty hard. You didn't have that "under/uninsured" auto insurance? We have that for just this reason. Too many Goof Balls n Crazy's out there!  :-\

Good luck finding another XJ.
The only way to know your limits...  is to surpass them!

Don't Shop - Adopt
   "Save Your Best Friends Life, Adopt a Rescue"
       If it's not a Dobermann, it's just a Dawg...

Death Wobble

• View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: September 06, 2015, 11:56:26 am »
I've been getting help from "Hangman" with removing parts from Death Wobble.   

I recently got a '96 XJ Sport, with 31 x 10.5s and a 3" Rusty's lift.  Wondering if my 32 x 11.5s are going to fit under it without issue.  I think that the shocks will need to be replaced soon. Maybe I just ought to upgrade to a 4.5" lift again and be done with it?  Your thoughts?

My Camaro needs work; it's got spark, but fuel starvation.  Won't start unless you shoot ether into the carb when cranking it.  Another project to fix!

Listen to Clutch.
(and your gut instincts)

Death Wobble

• View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: September 30, 2015, 04:05:05 pm »
Took off Wobble's left passenger door seal in the hopes of transferring it to the '96.  When it rains, it leaks in the '96 so badly that goldfish could swim on the floor behind the driver's seat! Can't find the point of origin, so hopefully just replacing the entire seal will take care of it. They don't make it easy to remove those door moldings!  I had to take down the saggy headliner in the '96 and if I install new, I guess all those darn moldings will have to come down again.   

Got the Camaro running again with a new fuel pump relay (Less than $15) and a new battery (Over $100--My old battery was 10 yrs. old and it only cost $39 or so back then)!  New one has more CCAs, too.
Listen to Clutch.
(and your gut instincts)