Author Topic: What did you do to your Jeep today?  (Read 709574 times)

Fatkid

• Mike Binkley
    • View Profile
Re: What did you do to your Jeep today?
« Reply #1095 on: April 03, 2012, 10:49:02 pm »
added swaybar hook up for when I remove my JKS Dicos. Used I bolts and snap links. 
Red Rock Crystal
2007 Sahara Unlimited,  hard top , 6 speed manual trans.,
JKS Discos, AEV Tire carrier, CAI by Rugged Ridge, Evap. Skid plate, Prerunner light bar, KC off road lights, Rubicon Express 2" lift and steering stabilizer, BFG All Terrain T/A-KO Tires, CB Radio.

Jeremy

• View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: April 23, 2012, 11:17:46 am »
Went with Dad to a certain unspecified secret location (more on this later) to train as trail guides with RED scrambler that I have put some much time on fixing and promptly was attacked by rabid gremlins.   Problems included multiple hydraulic clutch linkage leaks,  (Following the law of: Anything hydraulic is a leak waiting for the most inconvenient place to happen.)  A loose brake line (which also leaked) and a transfer case that attempted to un-bolt itself from the transmission,  (boy that steep hill was fun after the transfer case popped into  neutral with leak brakes was isn't.  WEEEEEEE)  So I have some gremlins to slay, but if it is not solved now it will be soon.  The rockhard bolt in rollcage is a good expense even with the minor fit issues I have had with the hard top.  Overall I am pleased with the jeeps performance,  I just need to get that front ARB installed and a new transmission cross member on it.

The BLUE scrambler is also running now, although the alternator is about dead. Meh, next pay check.

The 1946 cj2a,  Distributor was declared kaput,  A new one was sourced at Vintage Jeep with a pertronix electronic kit.  I just have some fuel lines and installation to do then I can start this hanger queen. 

Finally the 2005 LJ,  it is back from the dealership to the tune of $3200!  I bought most of my CJs for less than the cost of this repair!  This sucks.   For those that don't know I went  down to Vintage jeep in York a few weeks ago and the 6 speed transmission scattered for no apparent reason.  This required a new transmission.  mights as well put in  a clutch and change all the fluids (they needed it) and but a HVAC fan resistor in (when you loose speeds on your fan the resistor is bad and it tends to make your wiring go "melty and burny" when you let the magic smoke out).  Took the Jeep down to Susquehanna Jeep in Wrightsville since they sponsor the club (I got a discount on the repair incidentally). Early last week  I wrote a letter to Chrysler about my disappointment that jeep did not cover even part of this repair as the warranty had just expired and pointed out that there was NO real wear on my clutch, the jeep was not abused and the 6 speed NSG370 6 speed transmissions have multiple recalls and issues.  I got a response back that they WILL reimburse part of the cost involved in this repair in 6 to 8 weeks. 

Now on to the unspecified secret Location:  This project is advancing although due to some issues it has been held up while some clarifications and solutions to some concerns are solved, however it is still on its time line.   The project is advancing and future staff is learning the property and its boundary and its safety concerns.  We are purposely keeping images, videos and descriptions vague for the time being.  This project has some detractors and they have tried causing lots of problems however, they have since failed and most of their claims have been proved false or faulty.  However we do not want to cause further problems.  Dad and I are running up pretty regularly for training.  All I can say is soon.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 01:53:52 am by Jeremy »
Jeremy Meehan

Scott Gibson

• View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: April 28, 2012, 02:33:34 pm »
New Tom Woods rear drive shaft,C gussetts welded in up front ,1'' spacer on top of the front coils.

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: April 28, 2012, 05:13:10 pm »
Drove home from Adam's Jeep of Maryland yesterday with my newest Jeep.

06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited

Life IS Good !!!

Gonna have to change my email address now
Do Your Duty And History Will Do You Justice...!
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...

Jeremy

• View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: April 29, 2012, 03:07:52 am »
congrads Rick,   first thing I did to mine was aftermarket skid plates and a a JKS ACOS,  gets it up a little bit and a good basis to build from there
Jeremy Meehan

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: April 29, 2012, 11:20:11 am »
Jeremy,

It has a BDS 3" lift on 33's with disconnects...outside of that it's bone stock but a very comfortable ride.
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...

Jeremy

• View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: April 29, 2012, 09:32:58 pm »
I broke the Red Jeep again.  slave cylinder on the clutch 'sploded.  But this is the view from the property we are planning to buy and build a house on.

Jeremy Meehan

Lockers

• View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: May 02, 2012, 09:07:39 pm »

The winter transformation on the YJ is 90% complete.  Painted and installed Metalcloak tube fenders and rock guards, repainted the sides of the jeep, mounted 35" Pit Bull Rockers on Allied Beadlocks and a new stereo.  Installed u-bolt flip kit front and rear, only have to weld up new lower rear shock mounts and buy new shocks now...
Dan McKenna

94 YJ - 4.5" RE lift, 35" Pit Bull Rockers, D44's w/ARB's, Warn Winch, 4:1 Tera Low
06 LJ - 4.5" RE Long Arm Lift, 33" BFG's, 
67 Gladiator - (Future Project)
07 Dodge 2500 CTD / Tow Rig

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: May 02, 2012, 09:34:46 pm »
Cool Lockers! Lol. So when are you going to have a Saturday off?
"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
89 V8 Yj, some lift, some tires and some extras!
96 Cherokee Sport (Daves beater)
1947 CJ2-A

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly,Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile

Lockers

• View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: May 02, 2012, 09:52:15 pm »

I work this saturday and thats it for awhile...hopefully.
Dan McKenna

94 YJ - 4.5" RE lift, 35" Pit Bull Rockers, D44's w/ARB's, Warn Winch, 4:1 Tera Low
06 LJ - 4.5" RE Long Arm Lift, 33" BFG's, 
67 Gladiator - (Future Project)
07 Dodge 2500 CTD / Tow Rig

N3IW

• View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: May 05, 2012, 09:05:49 pm »
My little Jeep went and got all growed up today  :'(

Swapped out the old 31s for 33x10.5 KM2s.
Chip Morgan

2000 Wrangler TJ Sport - minor lift + 1.25" BL on 33s; many, many skid plates with more to come

squazz

• Flexable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: May 23, 2012, 10:29:12 am »
drove it for the first time since the tow home, cant get above 30 violent DW add a 1 wagoneer steering box to the list of stuff that got destroyed. Pondering Hydro assist now ;D any good deals out there?
98 Zj                    93 Zj                        94 Zj         
  5.9L 46re              4.0L Ax-15          Gone But not forgotten
1"+ Up County    5.5" IRO front          
                        Clayton rear long arms

Ż\[°_o]/Ż Charles Howard

peter84

• View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: May 23, 2012, 08:35:01 pm »
Collected my rock guards from Zach at A to Z Fabrication this evening, hope to fit them this weekend.
Peter Caddick
2006 TJ - 4" Zone Offroad Products lift, 33x10.50x15 BFG A/T, 6" Bushwaker flares, Bestop Tyre Carrier, Skid Row engine and fuel tank skid plates, A to Z Rocker Guards, SYE, BDS belly up pan
2012 Patriot 4x4 Sport
2015 Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 V6
2015 Cherokee Latitude 4x4 V6

peter84

• View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: June 03, 2012, 04:58:18 pm »
Fitted rocker guards last weekend, they offer much better protection than the steps! This weekend I got to clean out the rear brakes and try and figure out why the adjusters do not work properly. Still not sure why they were not working correctly, at least the hand brake works better now. Judging by the scored drums and worn brake shoes I would say it is time for new drums and shoes. Plus, since the hand brake cable is almost out of adjustment I should replace those too! Did someone just say J.E.E.P.?
Peter Caddick
2006 TJ - 4" Zone Offroad Products lift, 33x10.50x15 BFG A/T, 6" Bushwaker flares, Bestop Tyre Carrier, Skid Row engine and fuel tank skid plates, A to Z Rocker Guards, SYE, BDS belly up pan
2012 Patriot 4x4 Sport
2015 Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 V6
2015 Cherokee Latitude 4x4 V6

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: June 04, 2012, 12:42:56 am »
Grit & Grime definitely prevents brake adjusters from working properly Peter...How do you have scored drums...? C'mon

Actually this was not done today but is scheduled for the 18th of this month.
My newly aquired 06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited is going to be transformed with the following merchandise...
- Clayton Off-Road 4" Long Arm Suspension w/Biltein shocks
- Daystar 1" Body Lift
- AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders
- Clayton Off-Road Complete Underbelly Skid Plate
- 17 x 8.5 AEV Pintler Wheels
- 35 x 12.5 x 17 BFG Mud Terrain KM2's
- WARN Front Extreme Winch Bumper w/Grill Hoop
- WARN Rear Bumper w/Swing Away Tire Carrier
- AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition

Well, with this being done I am committed to returning to the trail actively as I was three years ago and getting to know our membership better.