Author Topic: Fenders/flares for a JK  (Read 6807 times)

SilverSurferJK

Fenders/flares for a JK
« on: September 12, 2008, 12:09:20 pm »
Does anyone know if there are fenders or flares that will cover 35's.  I just went to get my Jeep inspected yesterday and they said I need extensions to cover the tires. I have between 2-3 inches to cover.  I got it inspected but do not want the local police giving me a hard time.  I saw Bushwacker has fenders but are unsure if they will do the job.   Any suggestion or info on this matter plz post.

Also what is the PA bumper height/width requirements?

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
Re: Fenders/flares for a JK
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 12:39:59 pm »
Derek,

BUSHWACKER makes a 6" "Pocket" Fender Flare that should cover your needs. Check out their website. www.BUSHWACKER.com
I believe the PA bumper hight should fall between 16 - 30". Thw width may not extend beyond body line.
Do Your Duty And History Will Do You Justice...!
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...

SilverSurferJK

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 01:09:45 pm »
Thanks I am also going to check to see if A to Z fab can make me tube fenders that will cover..

canman35

• bob bracken
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 06:07:16 pm »
I put a set of the pocket flares from Bushwacker on my 08 and they work GREAT. I am running 35x12.50 on it and they cover them up. I just had it inspected also and the mechanic was very impressed with the set up I had. ;D
2008 jk  35" bfg's, 4'lift, disco's,  diff covers, 4:88's, limited slip front and rear, cold air intake, "cherry bomb" catback exhuast, Hypertec max programmer, bushwaker flares, stainless steel bumpers and nerf bars,coverking seat covers, cb
2007 liberty daughters daily driver.

SilverSurferJK

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 02:05:01 pm »
thanks Canman35. It looks like that is the route like I'm going to take unless A2Z fab makes tube fenders that wide.. Did they mount to existing holes or did you need to drill new ones?  Also did you change your driveshafts being that u have 35's on? I have been reading and it seems anything over 3inches of lift, companies recommend getting extended driveshafts for the JK.

Any info on the driveshafts is much appreciated.

canman35

• bob bracken
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 06:25:20 pm »
These flares are designed to fit the factory holes for the most part. You will have to redrill a few small holes in the front wheel well and make two cuts in it to accomodate the new flare attachment mounting location. Overall my son and I had all of them installed in about 3 hours.I did check into the driveshaft problems with the lift and as long as you drive "normally" off and on the roads  I was told they should be OK. Now this is going to be my next upgrade though because I tow my Polaris alot and this does put extra strain on them,just can not afford them now :-\ If you have any more ? feel free to ask.
2008 jk  35" bfg's, 4'lift, disco's,  diff covers, 4:88's, limited slip front and rear, cold air intake, "cherry bomb" catback exhuast, Hypertec max programmer, bushwaker flares, stainless steel bumpers and nerf bars,coverking seat covers, cb
2007 liberty daughters daily driver.

hillbilly

• adam lewis - appalachian american - B.O.D.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2008, 06:41:17 pm »
atleast it was a kindly garage attendant that forewarned you about the tires my local p.o. wasnt so nice especially after he insisted the factory flares werent factory   p.s. dont argue with someone with a gun
build it, beat it, break it, fix it, repeat
A member of the church requests to be buried in his jeep because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."
   91 xj 8.5" lift -33" x 12.50 and my own additions
 94 xj (wifes) 3.5" lift and the boys 1979 cj7

SilverSurferJK

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2008, 02:20:46 pm »
Thanks for the input.  Yes I am starting to save for the driveshavfts too. I just purchased a Warn Winch, Bumper, rear tirecarrier/bumper and A2 Z Kaje rails.  So I need to save up again lol.