Author Topic: Thank you PA Jeeps.  (Read 60866 times)

billiejf

• View Profile
Re: Thank you PA Jeeps.
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2008, 03:41:52 pm »
Of course my husband was the tall guy with glasses and curly hair - he was the announcer.  Obviously, I have some hostility when my husband is publicly berated for doing nothing but his best as a volunteer to help this club.  That is the only reason I even responded to these posts and PM'd you.  I've stated my opinion to you both publicly and privately.  I'm done and will not comment further.  I suppose we can agree to disagree with the manner in which opinions are stated.  Respectfully, Billie Jeanne Fish
Billie Jeanne Fish
Shadow of the Man Himself

Keith

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2008, 03:46:55 pm »
Wow! Gotta say that some of these posts sure touch a nerve. But let me say Thank You to all that helped with the Show.

Thank you for your time and energy.

Many fail to realize the amount of time and effort something like this takes. Over the years, I too have felt the brunt of criticism over something I have put my heart and soul into. Do not let these people bring you down.

As for the time of year I may have a little insight into that. It is hard to change weekends because of the schedule at the Fair Grounds. They are in the business of renting these areas out and unless there is an open weekend you can not change it. In addition if you think about spring and fall, the weather is a lot more unsettled. There would be a much better chance of rain. While I didn't enjoy the heat, it was much better than a rainy weekend. Rain would have been cooler, but I bet a lot more would have stayed home.

I want to offer a special thanks to the Officers of the Club. I have been there and done that, I understand that amount of time you give.

Thanks,

Keith Weire

Since I started composing this post another post was added. I would just like ignore the negative and work towards solutions for next show.

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2008, 04:02:22 pm »
I want to THANK the Jeep Show Chairman for spending ALL year and All his free time planning what I think is the best Jeep Show in the USA! He will have a week of family time then start planning for 2009.

I wish to THANK all the vendors that attended the show. I know the economy isn't the best right now but they still attended. That says something.

I wish to THANK all the volunteers that worked in the heat for 3 days to make this show run. Some of them use their vacation time to come work for free in the hot, humid days of July. Some of them don't even get to take the time to see the show and I don't ever hear any complaining from them.

I wish to THANK our president for making announcements all day, making sure everything is running as planned and taking care of any problems that arise during the show. Hopefully he will regain his voice soon.

I wish to THANK all the soldiers who are away from their home and families, working in the heat constantly so back here in the U.S. we can have a Jeep Show.

Now for those who didn't have a good time I am sorry, if it was that bad don't come back, thanks for your comments we know some people just like to complain and spend their whole life being negative. Sorry we cannot please everyone.

To rebeljeeper: I don't know why you are even complaining you sent me an email or a pm wanting to help, yet never did. Maybe an extra hand could have helped.

To jpwrangler2006: If someone is bashing you in a pm form, don't assume that on a public forum that has members from all over that it is a paying member of the PA Jeeps club. I would also like to see these Pm's and I will be contacting Charlie to verify what you said. I don't know why people would bash you for no reason and no one else has ever complained of this problem. Feel free to email me.

"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
89 V8 Yj, some lift, some tires and some extras!
96 Cherokee Sport (Daves beater)
1947 CJ2-A

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly,Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile

M + M Jeep

• Administrator
  • PA Jeeps-President
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2008, 04:37:48 pm »

I just got home from the Fairgrounds and read these comments.  I'm going to take a nap now.   W.

PS   Rick, keep it professional please   ;D

Wayne Fish

Gonzo03TJ

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2008, 04:39:00 pm »
Ok, i wasn't trying to berate anyone or the club what i posted was just my opinion, the volunteers did their jobs well and as far as the raffle goes i was just thinking all the little private conversations and jokes between each raffle could of been done without, the only thing i really disagreed with was having project red dragon there. how is that fair to all the other service peoples who also jeep who are building jeep projects to have the one group there begging for money for this marines' jeep, I know i attended the show with a few service men and it took all they could do from saying something to the people at the booth when they were begging for money. I also know the weather isn't in the control of the club but things can be done to help out when its hot. heck i didn't even see any medical personal there to help if someone had heat exhaustion. Cooling/Misting tents should definitely be used next year. also i will be thinking about joining PA Jeeps so i can come help with the show next year

YellowRubi

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2008, 04:40:53 pm »
Hey PA Jeeps.. been coming to the show for many years and they have all ways been great. This year I decided to take part of the infield. Unforthounetly I had some items stolen from my Jeep. Other then that I enjoy the show and kudos to all the volunteers. I will be back next year with a armed guard.

Betty Udich

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2008, 05:14:29 pm »
I'm one of those people that would rather read the forum than post but I feel I must comment. I want to THANK all the volunteers that help make the PA Jeep show the best in the country. Despite the weather I had a great time with friends that are my chosen family. If you feel that the show didn't live up to your expectations and all you have is complaints maybe you should walk a mile in the shoes of those that work tirelessly to organize this event. Volunteer to help make it better or don't come at all. I have found that those that usually complain the most and the loudest are the "do nothings" of the world. BTW: I was a volunteer this year as in the past and will continue to volunteer as long as the Pa Jeep club will have me.

Thanks Rick, Wayne and to everyone for another great show...Betty

K Riccardi

• It was funny you just didn't get it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2008, 05:47:28 pm »
What part of thank you did some of you not understand? I have been going to the Jeep show since at least 1997 and the show is always changing and evolving. That is in part to comments and suggestions from the participants. This thread is not the place to make these suggestions. Maybe a member of the BOD would like to start a thread for that?

I would also like to see a Moderator delete all of the posts that do not fit the theme of this thread(including my own) to keep the thread on track.

Good luck. ;D
1981 Scrambler (stockish)
2003 Duramax (family car)
1996 xj

Thank you PAJeeps for making it possible for Ballpeen Racing to have a great year competing at RCrocs!

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2008, 06:07:13 pm »
I just got home a half hour ago myself. Well, I got home and switched vehicles and drove to the other side of Lancaster to pick my son up from work. I to have lost my voice...imagine that. I stopped in McDonalds for a milk shake and had to write my order down on paper.

I have NOTHING to add to this "thread" but Thank You to everyone that volunteered their time, attended, and participated.
I'll be thanking all 71 participating vendors/sponsors with an event follow-up packet.
I guess I didn't work hard enough to bring 12-14 more vendors into this event.
I apologize for not meeting some peoples expectations, I did my best.
We were down in the Jeep count as expected, but I don't understand why 200+ were parked outside the event.

Good night everyone, I'm going to sleep for three days now.

P.S.- Thank you for the Birthday Celebration too.....I enjoyed it immensely and appreciate your generosity.
Do Your Duty And History Will Do You Justice...!
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...

fmkf

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2008, 06:13:21 pm »
apparantly I was wrong everything was perfect and couldn't possibly be any better.

fmkf

Betty Udich

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2008, 06:17:40 pm »
Apology accepted...

1984CJ7

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2008, 07:01:28 pm »
I too would like to say Thank You!!!

You can't control the weather nor the flow of oil from a God forsaken land that has caused gas prices to increase which I firmly believe was a contributing factor to the number of Jeeps within' the fence. I know it was a part of my decision making process for not registering. This was my second show and it was nice to have more options for food and drink and who ever had the idea to hold the raffle on the stage... THANK YOU!!! That breeze was needed.

My only heart burn was "Operation Red Dragon". Being a 2 Tour Veteran no service member should be singled out. The right thing to do would be to donate that money to wounded vets at the many military hospitals to help with head trauma and other rehab programs. There were several things about that whole thing that just doesn't sit right. I did some research already and will be contacting the CID to look into this.

Otherwise great job and c-ya next year.

MudTJ

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2008, 07:09:35 pm »
Thank you PA Jeeps for holding the event.   It was my 3rd year and I will be back for more.  I know my Jeep was one less in the fence but thats because I brought the RTI ramp instead.   Any more help you guys need next year feel free to ask us as well.
Thanks again.

wriorprncess

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2008, 07:46:39 pm »
I am truly sorry if things are not sitting right with you over "Operation Red Dragon".  I am Cale's mom and I can assure you this project is not meant to offend anyone.  I have been in contact with the CID and we are not breaking or even bending any rules.  The Marine Corps was actually very helpful when we approached them about the project.  They flew Cale from Ramadi to Fallujah so we could have a teleconference with him to reveal our plans.  You can call us a crazy family/mom who just wants to thank her son for all he is sacrificing to protect the things he loves.  Sure we where at the show this weekend to raise money, but more then that we want the gratitude we have for our Marine to be contagious.  If you want to help us thank him  - great!  If not….. we hope we have at least inspired you to thank your favorite military person in your own way.   We, however, think big and we will not apologize for that.

We will not let the negativity of a few ruin the pride and comitment we feel for this project.  The number of people who came to our booth and thanked us far more exceeds the number of negative remarks that have been posted here. 

Disclaimer……the opinions we have stated here are our own.  They are not in any way the opinions of the PA Jeeps Club. 
If you would like to comment on our project (good or bad) please do so at www.myspace.com/calesjeepmakeover 

SteveandJayne

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2008, 08:05:58 pm »
Hey PAjeeps,
Thanks I had a great time and my two boys who are 11 had a great time they love the obstacle course and want to know when we can take the "black jeep" ( 90 YJ) out on the rocks. I paid 5 bucks to get in and see a swap meet,show,vendor row,eat at good prices (bought water from the vendors not food guys) andI got a shirt for 20 bucks. Yep cost me 75.00 to get there with gas but you know what I had a good time and so did my kids. It was hot, it is JULY. We left at around 1:30 on Saturday after getting there at 8:45ish along with some guys from Manassas Va, I am from Harpers Ferry WV not close but I make the trip every year.
Take this into consideration all the people who don't think they got a good show.  I went to Bloomsburg this year, hardly and good trucks out there, some monster trucks and half of them broke, mud drags eh what can you say about those,personal opinion, food that was 7-8 dollars for a drink and burger that wasn't even good. 18 bucks to get in EACH, Drove my Fj up ther and spent about 150.00 in gas . Times this by 4 and it gets real expensive quick. How about vendors who didn't have any wares to sell. If the last 4 lines sound better then Rick and PA jeeps show then by all means roll up to it. Even better in Canfield Ohio next weekend the Jeep and truck fest will be going on go there it is another "familyevents.com" event.

Thanks PAJeeps,
I do appreciate all the work
P.S. The man on the stage didn't tell me I had to be there to win the raffle, I spent 5 bucks on the raffle I wasn't even there for. I am not mad or upset just a little more "donation" to the club.
Se eya next year on the Camp grounds with the "Black Jeep".

Steve O.