Author Topic: Thank you PA Jeeps.  (Read 60862 times)

K Riccardi

• It was funny you just didn't get it.
    • View Profile
Thank you PA Jeeps.
« on: July 20, 2008, 06:22:07 pm »
I just wanted to thank the PA Jeep members and staff for putting on another great show this year.  Is it too early to register for next year? ;D
1981 Scrambler (stockish)
2003 Duramax (family car)
1996 xj

Thank you PAJeeps for making it possible for Ballpeen Racing to have a great year competing at RCrocs!

njjeepthing

• View Profile
Re: Thank you PA Jeeps.
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 11:01:01 pm »
X2.  You guys did a great job putting the show together, we'll be there again next year.

FlyersPh9

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 01:06:28 am »
I worked Saturday parking the Jeeps until about noon, and then walked around, enjoyed the obstacle course, then hit the RTI ramp, bought some stuff, and left. I thought it was really cool and enjoyed it a lot. I do agree, it was smoking hot, but it's summer. If you can't handle a little sun, then stay at home. Will definitely be coming back next year.

BTW, I had to work today so I didn't go to the show. Will they post who won raffles and trophys online?

Charlie

• PA Jeeps-Vice President
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 05:34:33 am »
Folks,
I'm afraid the weather was my fault, I had prayed for two sunny days and I got them. However, in my prayers I did not specify to God the exact temperature. Once again, you have my apologies.

As far as the other opportunities, please feel free to make suggestions to Rick, Wayne and myself. Email us, PA Jeeps members attend the club meetings with your suggestions. We really do try to put on a good event.

Charlie Stevens
VP PA Jeeps.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 07:24:08 am by Charlie »
Charlie "The Tuna" Stevens
2004 Wrangler Sport-4 1/2" BDS Suspension, 1 1/4" JKS Body Lift with 35" BFG's

wriorprncess

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 07:27:27 am »

WOW.......maybe some of you were not attending the same show I was at.  I could not have asked for a better weekend!  (OK, maybe it could have been a bit cooler, so Charlie please be more specific with your prayers)  The staff/club members from the PA Jeeps Club were awesome and very helpful from the first time I contacted them about booth space. 

While at the show, I was able to talk to all types of Jeep enthusiasts, from all over.  One family attending had an exchange student from Italy.  She wanted to experience something "American".  The Jeep show was perfect!  She was even able to take a spin around the obstacle course. (because we know what jeeper would turn down the chance to take a pretty girl for a ride in his jeep, Thanks Mike from Adams Jeep)

I was there with “Operation Red Dragon” and the support we have been receiving from the Jeep community is simply amazing.  I had no idea what to expect, and I can’t put into words all the emotions I am feeling from it all. 

The climbing wall was lots of fun (ask any of the kids there) but a bear to pack up.  Again, some of the PA Jeeps staff members were right there to help. 

In my opinion, the show was a huge success and the PA Jeeps Club should be proud of it’s staff/club members. 

So, THANK YOU Pa Jeeps for the great weekend.
Sue Adams

toynrnd

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 07:55:06 am »
Thank you PA Jeeps for a great show.  We appreciate all the hospitality.  The vendor row was awesome, there were lots of cool Jeeps, and we brought home lots of great ideas for modifications (brought home some parts, too).  It was a first class event.  Kudos go out to all the volunteers who make it happen.  Keep up the good work.

Thanks again!
Chris Boucher
Chris Boucher
Curator - Unofficial Chesapeake Jeep Museum
92 MJ, 81 CJ7, 53 CJ3A, 48 CJ2A, 43 GPW

Charlie

• PA Jeeps-Vice President
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2008, 08:19:47 am »
Sue,

You made me think about something.

I bet it's really really hot in Iraq!

I bet it's down right dangerous at times!

I bet the next time I pray it's for our troops and not waste a good prayer on our weather!

I bet I continue to thank our service personnel for giving us the freedom to hold such an event and thank them for giving others the right to complain about it!

I bet I was wrong in being a little apprehensive about your project at the show!

I bet it's still really really hot in Iraq!

Charlie

P.S. Tell your son thanks for me.  ;) I'll be glad to take him wheeling.
Charlie "The Tuna" Stevens
2004 Wrangler Sport-4 1/2" BDS Suspension, 1 1/4" JKS Body Lift with 35" BFG's

K Riccardi

• It was funny you just didn't get it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2008, 09:01:53 am »
Charlie your reply was quite funny and I'm sure will go over much better than mine. :)
1981 Scrambler (stockish)
2003 Duramax (family car)
1996 xj

Thank you PAJeeps for making it possible for Ballpeen Racing to have a great year competing at RCrocs!

04RckyMtn

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2008, 09:31:52 am »
Wow! ok, I was at the show and enjoyed it, BTW thanx for the ring and pinion set for my axle. However there were some suggestions I had and agree with some of the other posts on here. Yes, no one can control the weather, but either some misting tents or a couple of water fountains would have been greatly appericated. Yes I packed a cooler along with a camelbak, but had to walk back and forth to the parking lot to get to my supplies. In the heat it always seems alot farther.

The raffle is great and there is a lot of free stuff given away. Having it on the stage this year was a great idea, loved the brezze up there. But there are people waiting to go home and having 3 conversations while annoucing the tickets is not condusive to helping people with a long drive.

Still even with the heat, I enjoyed the show and will be back.

83 CJ7 w/ 2" lift
01 Grand Cherokee 60th Aniv. Ed

Storman

• Safety/Medical Advisor
  • Norm Eckard
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2008, 10:23:28 am »

1st I want to thank all the vendors that traveled to make this show.  With the current state of the economy I know an undertaking like this is not cheap. THANK YOU!!!

2nd I would like to thank all club members both PAJeepers and others that volunteered their time and energy for the show. Yep...it was hot for everyone!!!

3rd I would like to thank all the people that attended and enjoyed your visit, because without you there would be no show.

And finally to those that did not enjoy the show...sorry that you didn't enjoy it, as Charlie said negative feedback should be directed by email to the club officers. 
2006 Wrangler Golden Eagle Edition w/3" BDS lift, BFG 33X10.50's, Warn front and rear bumpers, Warn 9.5ti winch and a whole lot more...

2009 Wrangler Unlimited X = Stella's DD

billiejf

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2008, 10:44:12 am »
Kane,

Agreed - great show.  Thanks!

Billie Jeanne
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 06:52:14 pm by billiejf »
Billie Jeanne Fish
Shadow of the Man Himself

C2kraft

• Chris Kraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2008, 01:00:16 pm »
Heck of a SHOW PA Jeeps!!!!! It is such an awesome site to see so many people geared towards the same goals and hobbies in one place. I had the opportunity to show many of my none jeeping friends what this hobby is all about. Hopefully there will be additional jeepers in the near future?!?!

Thanks to everyone who made it possible and also to all the vendors for showing up. Truly there is nothing more satisfying then meeting the individuals who design and build the parts that I purchase. This one on one contact takes all the "catalogness" out of purchasing your products.

Chris
05 Unlimited 3.5" RE Std., M/T 33" MTZ's around Classic II's

billiejf

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2008, 01:07:23 pm »
04RckyMtn,

Your comments were nicely written, CONSTRUCTIVE and non-personal in nature.  You made some very useful suggestions:  water stations, misting tent, etc.  Thank you.  Billie Jeanne
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 06:53:00 pm by billiejf »
Billie Jeanne Fish
Shadow of the Man Himself

emgraz

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2008, 02:03:51 pm »
I will put my 2 cents in......

All the work for the PA Jeeps show is STRICTLY VOLUNTEER.....we have taken the time out of our busy schedules to try to put on the BEST Jeep show on the East Coast....if not the US!!!!  Rick works on this show YEAR round.....he will "disappear" for about a week, and then diligently start planning next year's show.  (In fact he already has had questions about next year before this year's was over)

I agree with Charlie's second post, WE SHOULD PRAY that people are overseas fighting for our freedoms....speech being one of them, but BEFORE you start bashing a club that is promoting our sport like no other, maybe you should think of your tone.  Constructive criticism is good, but don't air your DISHENCHANTMENT with our club because you were hot, or were mad because not all the vendors showed up!!!!  We had a suggestion box up on the club "stage"--this would have been a perfect opportunity to make suggestions, comments.  In the state of the economy, we were thankful that more vendors didn't "drop out" 

Most of the club memebers had been at the fairgrounds from Friday at 8am to Sunday at 7pm....a select few lived, ate, breathed, and bathed the show for the weekend.  And as Bille Jean stated...some are still there today holding up our values of "Treading Lightly" and returning the Fairgrounds to it's pre-show condition.   We are "family" at PA Jeeps and pride ourselves in being courteous, helpful, and down right accomodating.

As for the raffle....why are you complaining about a raffle that gives away THOUSANDS of dollars of merchandise.....you choose to buy the tickets, we tell you that you must be present to win, I guess we need a disclaimer as to how long it will take.....the raffle and the obsticle course are just 2 of the reasons people show up for the weekend.  Wayne is not a radio personality......but I don't think he did a bad job....he repeats the numbers various times, and in fact puts unclaimed items aside so that he can "re-call" them....I feel this is fair, and probably would not happen at most raffles. 

I realize this is a public forum with freedom of speech, but we as a club spent alot of planning, hard work, and dedication that has kept this as a long running STELLAR event.  We apologize if you did not think it was what you expected, I guess we will not see some of you next year, but we will still have hundreds of people coming back every year to join in the family atmosphere that is associated with our event. 

My husband and I will be there next year as our 3rd year of PA Jeep members to help once again.  We joined the club after attending the event 4 years ago, and have made friendships that will last a lifetime.....if you're not getting our "family" atmosphere on the forum, I apologize, but anyone is giving advice on here....not just club members....but being new to Jeeping in general, we have never been mislead or sent astray with the years of wheeling experience found in this club. 

I'm off my soapbox now....thanks to all the club members for a wonderful show again this year, we did our best and should be proud of ourselves!

Erica Graziosi -- PA Jeeps Newsletter Editor

Matt and Erica Graziosi

2000 Sahara with 3" BDS suspension lift, BFG mud terrain 33's, jks disconnects, Rhino Lining...(we're starting the JEEP mantra, we're emptying our pockets......)  ***Just added ARB Rocker Guards***

emgraz

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2008, 02:35:12 pm »
JP,

I apologize if they were personal attacks in a PM manner....I would be very upset as well!  If anyone in the club is bashing you personally in a private manner, then that is totally uncalled for. 

People posting things hit a nerve because we as a whole (probably including the "bad eggs" that you are being bashed by) work so hard during this event. 

I'm sorry you're not getting the experience that Matt and I have been getting in your club membership--Charlie, Ted, KY Steve, Mike Hardesty, and various others have been guiding us like little birdys trying to take flight during our induction to the "jeeping" community.  I'm saddened that you did not experience this feeling that we have had the joy of being a part of.....I wonder if you took the time to come to meetings and get to know us all....

Erica
Matt and Erica Graziosi

2000 Sahara with 3" BDS suspension lift, BFG mud terrain 33's, jks disconnects, Rhino Lining...(we're starting the JEEP mantra, we're emptying our pockets......)  ***Just added ARB Rocker Guards***