Author Topic: Thank you PA Jeeps.  (Read 60849 times)

Chris "Hollywood" Borkowski

• B.O.D.
    • View Profile
Re: Thank you PA Jeeps.
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2008, 08:17:53 pm »
I just wanted to say it was a great show.

Thanks to the vendors which I appreciate coming out for this event. I got to see lots of products which I want to add to my Jeep and letting the newer Jeep owners see what they can add to there Jeeps. And yes I did buy just a few things also.

Thanks to the participants for showing up and being there to show off your Jeep. But also for helping PA Jeeps and other organizations preserve land for the sport which all of us truly enjoy.

Thanks to all the clubs and your members that came out for the show and assisted us put this show on. It was good to see numerous other clubs and assocations there.

Thanks to all who volunteered to make this a great show year after year. Everyone worked hard for three days to make this enjoyable for everyone.

And now thanks to Wayne and Jenn for being some darn good ring leaders making the days events go smoothly.

Rick, another great job putting this all together and making it all work. We all know how hard it is to put on this type of event and you did it again just like you have done it in the past. Thank you for doing all the hard work.

And for all those who just want to complain about the show. Well you know the rest.
Chris Borkowski
'05 Grinch Green Rubicon
Too much to say but will put it simply,
"He's just on steroids"
2011 Ford F-350 SD DD/Tow Rig

bad93wrangler

« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2008, 12:05:28 am »
 This year was my first year there, And had a very good time. People were friendly and the vendors had great deals. My only problem was the forum, The bad mouthing about the raffle and Operation red dragon. what was that about? I was talking to the ladies at their tent and think its a great idea. I cant see how you can call it begging and that money should go to vets.The people that donated money knew what it was for. The people in charge of the show let them come to the show, So they must have thought it was a good cause. I do, Im an ex serviceman myself, I know what the family feeling and trying to do. I believe that Cales jeep is going to be great. I live in the oxford area and take my jeep to Adams jeep. I know the Mike that she was talking about, he's a great guy, He is the only one that works on mine and my sons jeeps. Do you know that he offered to do all the labor for free? Mike is working on the red dragon in his free time and days off. What are any of you doing?

jeppepl

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2008, 07:13:16 am »
Thanks PA Jeeps. It was a great show again!
Chuck Landis
Jeepless for now!

M + M Jeep

• Administrator
  • PA Jeeps-President
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2008, 09:33:42 am »
Hey PA Jeeps.. been coming to the show for many years and they have all ways been great. This year I decided to take part of the infield. Unforthounetly I had some items stolen from my Jeep. Other then that I enjoy the show and kudos to all the volunteers. I will be back next year with a armed guard.

Sorry about the theft to your Jeep.  It seems like ever year one Jeep gets something stolen out of it.  We also had a car seat stolen from the camping area.  It's a shame.  :-[ Thanks for taking it in stride though and we will see you next year...maybe.
Wayne Fish

1984CJ7

« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2008, 10:13:29 am »
Hey PA Jeeps.. been coming to the show for many years and they have all ways been great. This year I decided to take part of the infield. Unforthounetly I had some items stolen from my Jeep. Other then that I enjoy the show and kudos to all the volunteers. I will be back next year with a armed guard.

Sorry about the theft to your Jeep. It seems like ever year one Jeep gets something stolen out of it. We also had a car seat stolen from the camping area. It's a shame. :-[ Thanks for taking it in stride though and we will see you next year...maybe.

Thats horrible that people can come out to enjoy a great show and still advantage of their fellow man. Sorry to hear about your Jeep.

chasm

• Blonde / Bomber...
    • View Profile
    • JeepChasm
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2008, 12:35:15 pm »
Hats off to my fellow PA Jeeps members for another job well done!

The wife and I were happy to take a day off of work on Thursday to help line the fields, and help out with registration and other odd jobs throughout the weekend. Thursday afternoon, we even went to Gander Mountain to buy a tent just so we could be a part of the after hours festivities. We will be camping at all of the future Shows! ;D

Thanks to all of the volunteers from the other clubs who also came out and helped!

Thanks to our buddies at Quadratec too! I know that I did my share to help lighten their load for the trip back to West Chester! (I actually had to drive the Willys home since we bought a hitch rack to haul our new parts home! I made it home just moments before the skys opened up! :o)

Thanks again to those responsible for the Event T-shirts and dash plaques! It is truly an honor to have one's Jeep pictured on these items at the Best Jeep Only Show in the USA!  ;D
Mike Hardesty aka: "chasm"
'51 CJ3A: Restored Garage Queen
'83 CJ8 Scrambler: To Do List...
'93 YJ: 2.5" R.E. lift, 31" Swamper SSR's, Olympic Rock bumper, smashed Stainless exhaust, U-bolt skids, Warn M-8000 winch.
'08 Liberty: (wife's DD)

headhoncho

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2008, 03:21:34 pm »
Just wanted to say "thanks" for another great show this year. I had many questions that were answered professionally and courteously and I thank God for the guy spotting the Honcho (me) on the rocks I decided to try this year. I've been attending the event since 2000 and have been watching it grow larger and larger each year.

I am also a swap meet vendor and am understanding with the layout compared to years past. To all who attended last years show (the biggest and best in my opinion), there should be some understanding that shuffling had to be done in anticipation for the '08 show. Some things were great, some good, and some ok but that's the way you find out what works and what doesn't.

Unfortunately, two major forces hit the show at the same time, the economy and the heat. Both also happen to be out of the control of Pa Jeeps. Common sense told me ahead of time that I may not sell as much as I did last year but I still had a great time. Anyone ever go fishing?  As far as the weather, my first time at the Pa Jeeps show it was a total downpour so it was pretty much a loss. I'll take heat over rain anyday. All the sissy's complaining that it was sooo hot don't know how to find shade or fluids? Ever been to Bloomsburg, Carlisle, Maple Grove Raceway in the summer?  Next time stay home in your AC and keep playing your video games and us real men/women will brave the heat for our favorite pastime. 

I will be back next year, I will anticipate the show being bigger and better as usual, and I will let some air out of my tires before I do the rocks again.

Thanks again, JR
JR

1980 Honcho sportside w/38's

dakotacj

« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2008, 03:31:55 pm »
I have to agree with SteveandJayne regarding Bloomsburg. This was my first time attending the PA Jeep show and comparing it to Bloomsburg-there is no comparison. The Bloomsburg vendors were scarce to say the least and those that were there had more catalogs to order from than parts to buy and the prices for food/drink- wow! I was very impressed with the Jeep Show and plan on attending next year (and entering my Jeep!) I think having a water station or a misting tent would have been a good idea to keep people cool- maybe at the other end from the food vendors or in a central location. I know personally that being as it was my first time attending I didn't know what to expect so I didn't come as prepared as some others (that would be those of you who thought to bring a CamelBak water pak- genius!) As a volunteer only run event I think you guys put on a fantastic event that I felt lived up to (and in same cases surpassed) any expectations I had! Every PA Jeeps volunteer I saw was friendly and hard at work making the event run smoothly.

da_Vinsta

« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2008, 03:59:56 pm »
This was my first pa jeep show and it was awsome(a little to hot)Thanks to all from the PA Jeep club,and we will be back for 09. ;D

M + M Jeep

• Administrator
  • PA Jeeps-President
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2008, 04:12:53 pm »

Sounds like you have a pretty good Show yourself up in New England.  Be sure to pass along some more info on it.

Wayne Fish

YellowRubi

« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2008, 04:22:39 pm »

Sorry about the theft to your Jeep.  It seems like ever year one Jeep gets something stolen out of it.  We also had a car seat stolen from the camping area.  It's a shame.  :-[ Thanks for taking it in stride though and we will see you next year...maybe.

Thanks for being concerned as well as the other repiles. I was pretty upset when I found out. I guess they needed my GPS, sunglasses and valve stem caps more then me. The worst part the GPS and sunglasses were hid behind my drivers seat so someone had to open my door and bend the seat forward.

I'm a Jeeper so this would never stop me from a PA Jeep show. Thanks for all the replies and to all the club volunteers for putting on a great show.

Happy Trails,
Kurt

fuzz401

• View Profile
    • fuzz401
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2008, 06:29:18 pm »
great show as always just had hoped mine was done for the show

think it was hot try strapping in to your jeep with a single layer coat on no roof to get away from the sun and gloves and a helmet

Ever been to Bloomsburg, Carlisle, Maple Grove Raceway in the summer?

many a times at Cecil

Chief

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2008, 06:47:35 pm »
Chief here,
   I also want to thank all of the PaJeeps staff and the other cluds for helping out. The vendors were great to visit with and talk to and not to mention buy stuff from. Even though my tow rig lost a transmission, my jeep got rear ended and daughters car seat was taken I had a great time. I really enjoyed the show. look forward to next year's show. I also think that we need to leave the negitive comments behind and move on to bigger and better things.

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR A GREAT SHOW,

CHIEF

05 Rubicon Umlimited

Ray Whetstine

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2008, 07:06:53 pm »
This was definately the HOTTEST weekend to date for our Jeep Show and it took everyone completely by suprise. Better sunshine than rain. Rest assured the Club staff will be looking to improve things going forward as we attempt to do so each year.

Availablitiy for water & refreshments throughout the facility is my 1st priority to address. We'll see what we can work out with the facility (contracted) vendor to accomidate our needs.

Thank You all for your feedback. Whether it be possitive or negative rest assured we are always looking to offer improvements.
See you next year...Maybe
Do Your Duty And History Will Do You Justice...!
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...

crazy4ink

• Rob "Mongo" Murphy
    • View Profile
    • Mountain Valley Customs
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2008, 10:12:23 pm »
This was my third year attending the PA Jeeps show.  I have to agree with everyone else that the heat was oppressive, but that was completely out of anyone's control.  I had a great time and talked with a lot of great people.  I didn't get a chance to walk around the show field like I wanted to though.  I tell you what, a late night run to Wal-Mart for an inflatable kiddie pool was great!  My 2 year old was very happy and it helped her deal with the heat and humidity very well.

I look forward to many more years of attending/vending at this show!!

To all of the PA Jeeps volunteers, THANK YOU for all of your hard work!!
'04 TJ - Locked, Caged and Rollin' on 42s......for now.....