Author Topic: Title help please  (Read 5298 times)

crazy4ink

• Rob "Mongo" Murphy
    • View Profile
    • Mountain Valley Customs
Title help please
« on: June 20, 2008, 10:27:10 pm »
Ok, since I am not familiar with PA's lien laws, I am hoping someone on here can help me out.  I have a vehicle in my shop that has been there for over 18 months.  I have tried numerous times through many channels to contact the owner.  No response back from the owner.  I know him and used to work with him in the service.  I don't want to do this to him, but he is not leaving me any options.

Opinions, info, and/or help?
'04 TJ - Locked, Caged and Rollin' on 42s......for now.....

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
Re: Title help please
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 11:28:18 pm »
If I were you I would make contact with PENNDot and get some accurate answers. If the vehicle is considered "abandon" on your property I believe you can have the title changed with the correct paperwork. A police report might have to be included as well, not too sure though.
Do Your Duty And History Will Do You Justice...!
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...

chasm

• Blonde / Bomber...
    • View Profile
    • JeepChasm
Re: Title help please
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 10:42:00 pm »
I had this happen down in MD a couple years ago. We had to send a letter with a deadline for removal and the consequences if not removed by that date. The letter had to be sent certified, return receipt requested. The US Postal service return receipt will prove that you tried to contact him, it will show who signed for the letter, or it will show that attempts were made to deliver it with no response. We did this and got the letter back. We were then advised that we could do as we pleased with the vehicle. It was a rice-burner POS, so the local salvage yard came and took it away for free.

Check with Penn DOT and your local police to be sure!
Mike Hardesty aka: "chasm"
'51 CJ3A: Restored Garage Queen
'83 CJ8 Scrambler: To Do List...
'93 YJ: 2.5" R.E. lift, 31" Swamper SSR's, Olympic Rock bumper, smashed Stainless exhaust, U-bolt skids, Warn M-8000 winch.
'08 Liberty: (wife's DD)