Author Topic: Tires for you feet - Red Wing Shoes -  (Read 11646 times)

CJ8Ted

• View Profile
Tires for you feet - Red Wing Shoes -
« on: April 08, 2008, 05:46:43 pm »
York Red Wing Shoe Store, 2148 White St. (across from Delco)

Boots are fine but no customer service, >:( I will not be going back in that store.

Ted

« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 09:28:00 am by Rick_Bear »
85' CJ8 on 33s w/ 4.56s

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
Re: Tires for you feet
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 09:27:14 am »
I had the same experience at the Lancaster branch too. Never again...!
Do Your Duty And History Will Do You Justice...!
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...

diger1733

Re: Tires for you feet - Red Wing Shoes -
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 07:11:26 pm »
Last pair I bought were made in CHINA >:( Looking for another american made brand

CJ8Ted

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 10:46:05 pm »
I think the Red Wing stores sell other boots some made other places than USA but as far as I know the real Red Wing boots are made in MN. (mine were) and I will buy them again for there the only ones that hold up for me. I just wont be buying them from the York Pa. 2148 White St. store.
After the org. post got to talk to the Regional sales rep. And he was not surprised to hear a problem about the York Pa. store, happens a couple times a year and is a "thorn in my side."

If you find some boots that hold up, and are as comfortable let me know.

Ted
85' CJ8 on 33s w/ 4.56s

diger1733

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 08:00:12 pm »
Ted.Last year when I bought mine in Hanover they said it was part of there cost cutting.The ones I usually bought were always made in MN.Now they are made in China and I can tell.Long day on concrete even with insoles the dogs hurt.They are a good boot but they have turned me off with the outsourcing.As I was told "they are made to the same specs as the old ones made in MN". I really think not.There others are maybe just as good just not sure if I wil go back for another pair.There USA made ones are getting real pricey.

Rob