Author Topic: Hoak's 4x4 & RV Performance Center  (Read 24230 times)

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
Hoak's 4x4 & RV Performance Center
« on: April 05, 2008, 03:54:31 pm »
Well, I've been dealing with Eric and the gang for a lot of years. They have NEVER steared me wrong in my early years and have always been competative with their pricing when you consider shipping costs. They're the closest 4x4 shop to me which has made it easier to spend a couple thousand dollars, make that several thousand dollars over the years.

To name several things:
a) Straps
b) Hooks
c) Truck bed freight bars
d) Winch mounting plate
e) Winch servicing
f) Front hoop and spreader bars for roll cage
g) Snatch block
h) Wheels
i) Re-mounting of tires after wheeling (Freebie)
j) Battery tray and tie-down
k) Valve stems
l) etc. etc. etc...

I'll give Hoak's a "Thumbs Up"
Do Your Duty And History Will Do You Justice...!
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...

04 Rubi

• View Profile
Re: Hoak's 4x4 & RV Performance Center
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 01:46:31 am »
I 2nd that I dealt with them when I had my truck and talked with them about the Jeep always willing to give advice and give you the best option for you even if it is the cheaper route. So they are not just out for the $$$  GREAT Shop...
A LIL lift and 35's And stuff.

Clinton Jacobs.

(Tattoo) Jack

• Jack Utter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 05:17:14 pm »

Tray set me up with my LS in both axles. Asked questions like, what kind of wheeling I would be doing, was it my DD, etc. so I would get the RIGHT products to fit my needs.  Both Mike and Tray have answered my ?'s and offered advice (many times) even when they knew I was doing the work myself. Yes... 2 thumbs up!

Tattoo 8)

The only way to know your limits...  is to surpass them!

Don't Shop - Adopt
   "Save Your Best Friends Life, Adopt a Rescue"
       If it's not a Dobermann, it's just a Dawg...

emgraz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 06:56:49 pm »
Mike and Tray were super helpful when Matt decided to do his lift kit.  Being new to the jeeping world, they were really helpful and knowledgeable.....we would give them two thumbs up as well!!! 

Erica
Matt and Erica Graziosi

2000 Sahara with 3" BDS suspension lift, BFG mud terrain 33's, jks disconnects, Rhino Lining...(we're starting the JEEP mantra, we're emptying our pockets......)  ***Just added ARB Rocker Guards***

Jeepnharleymomma

• Show Chairman
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 07:06:16 pm »
Hoaks Four Wheel Drive
815 Hellam Street
Wrightsville, PA 17368
717-252-3602
"Trail Boss" Jenn Watson
89 V8 Yj, some lift, some tires and some extras!
96 Cherokee Sport (Daves beater)
1947 CJ2-A

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly,Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile

Charlie

• PA Jeeps-Vice President
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 09:53:01 am »
Sorry it took so long for me to jump in on this one.

I could never possibly say enough good things about Hoak's Four Wheel Drive.

I bug these guys all the time, especially Mike! I always get the advice and service I'm looking for.

Hoak's sold and installed my BDS lift and will be upgrading it soon. Sold two Zone XJ kits, one each to my sons, installed one of them and upgraded the other. From what I understand, several of my sons friends purchased Zone XJ lifts from Hoak's and they all love their newly lifted rigs.

Eric, Mike and Trae are the best!

Charlie
Charlie "The Tuna" Stevens
2004 Wrangler Sport-4 1/2" BDS Suspension, 1 1/4" JKS Body Lift with 35" BFG's

HANGMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 03:22:48 am »
WELL IT'S LONG OVER DO  , A VERY GOOD WORD , ACTUALLY TWO WORDS FOR A GREAT TEAM OF MY FRIENDS AT HOAK'S 4 X 4  ,  " THANK YOU " IT'S ABOUT TIME HOAK'S GOT AN UP DATE HERE . I DON'T KNOW WHO ALL KNOWS ME OR MY JEEP ,  BUT ONCE YOU SEE IT I DON'T THINK YOU WILL FORGET IT .
IT'S BEEN OFF ROAD IN THE STATES OF NEW YORK , MARYLAND , VIRGINA , WEST VIRGINA AND OF COURSE PENNSYLVANIA  AND HAS BEEN IN A FEW
OFF ROAD MAGAZINES , I WAS TOLD BY A MEMBER OF  ANOTHER 4 WHEEL DRIVE CLUB , THAT HE SAW MY JEEP IN A CALENDAR . WELL IN THE EARLY DAYS
MY JEEP DID OK IN STOCK FORM , BUT I NEEDED MORE HELP . OFF TO HOAK'S  I GO , AFTER SOME DISCUSSIONS SOME MAJOR MODIFICATIONS WERE
FINISHED OVER A PERIOD OF TIME ( I COULD NOT DO IT ALL AT ONE TIME ) THE RESULTS WERE .
TRANSMISSION = FORD NP435 4 SPEED WITH 6.69 : 1 RATIO FIRST GEAR
TRANSFER CASE = DANA 300 WITH 2.6 :1 RATIO LOW RANGE , TWIN STICK SET UP
DETROIT TRU TRAC'S IN BOTH DIFFERENTIALS WITH 3.73 GEARS
B.F.GOODRICH M/T 33"-12.50" X 15" ( CAN BE CHAINED UP WHEN THE #&@% GETS REALLY SLICK )
RAMSEY REP 8000 LBS. WINCH
AND THE LIST GOES ON AN ON , DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH YOU CAN DO TO A JEEP THAT YOU HAD SINCE JULY 1980 ?  :o

TO THE WONDERFUL FOLKS AT HOAK'S 4 X 4  , AGAIN THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP ,
FROM THE TOP TO BOTTOM , FRONT TO REAR .

PACK MULE  , ( SLOW BUT STEADY )
74 jeep CJ5  ( PACKMULE )
BOB BEHLER
OVER, THROUGH OR UNDER