Author Topic: PARAGON Property NEWS  (Read 37298 times)

slain

Re: PARAGON Property NEWS
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2008, 01:54:32 pm »
When I started looking at Jeeps over a year ago I read great things about Paragon. It was the premier 4x4 park on the East Coast. I got excited about going to this place then I started reading about how they were in trouble. Got really bummed out. I feel like Rick does and I hope nothing every comes of this airport.

Speaking of Badlands. NAXJA had their Winter Ride there in Feb. this year.

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2008, 09:42:59 pm »
slain,
The "Badlands" Park is similar to what Paragon was (VERY POPULAR), but 700 miles away from us versus only 125 to where Paragon was :'( Kyle & Stephanie will no doubt build on what is already in place. I certainly wish them well.
Do Your Duty And History Will Do You Justice...!
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...

C2kraft

• Chris Kraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2008, 01:06:40 pm »
When I started looking at Jeeps over a year ago I read great things about Paragon. It was the premier 4x4 park on the East Coast. I got excited about going to this place then I started reading about how they were in trouble. Got really bummed out. I feel like Rick does and I hope nothing every comes of this airport.

Speaking of Badlands. NAXJA had their Winter Ride there in Feb. this year.

Ditto, never got the chance to ride at Paragon. Saw them at the Jeep Show and got really excited about going. 700 miles is a little far for a weekend ride for me.
05 Unlimited 3.5" RE Std., M/T 33" MTZ's around Classic II's

bigbirdcj

• Will Redus
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2008, 07:27:48 pm »
More interesting reading. Apparently the locals don't want a cargo airport in their backyard....http://www.republicanherald.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=19404232&BRD=2626&PAG=461&dept_id=532624&rfi=6
Will Redus
'67 CJ5
'79 CJ7
'03 Rubicon
'48 CJ2a

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2008, 09:30:05 pm »
Very interesting reading...Everything in there is exactally what I suspected, a "Pork Barrell" project formulated by "piss-poor" District Representation who ONLY saw "short-term" area income to construct something that would never be used and ultimately will NOT be constructed. I knew it...I knew it...I knew it...!!!

All they have managed to accomplish thus far is take away $1,200,000.00 of income to the area generated by those that enjoyed PARAGON ADVENTURE PARK.
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...

bigbirdcj

• Will Redus
    • View Profile
Will Redus
'67 CJ5
'79 CJ7
'03 Rubicon
'48 CJ2a

bigbirdcj

• Will Redus
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2008, 10:10:18 am »
Will Redus
'67 CJ5
'79 CJ7
'03 Rubicon
'48 CJ2a

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2008, 10:30:19 am »
This is an example of "lobbyists" at work to the fullest. I'm glad to read that the area cimmunities are standing "firm" against the project as I suspected.

It's a shame that townships have lost the 1.5 million in revenue generated each year by the 4x4 enthusiasts who used to flock the area to enjoy PARAGON Adventure Park during this drawn out process.

crazy4ink

• Rob "Mongo" Murphy
    • View Profile
    • Mountain Valley Customs
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2008, 10:06:57 pm »
That kills me.  They took away guaranteed income for speculative/potential income.  Only thinking short-term gains will bite you every time.  I'm glad that their project is stalled.  I'm also glad to see the communities voices what they think instead of sitting back and being quite.
'04 TJ - Locked, Caged and Rollin' on 42s......for now.....

papabear

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2008, 04:46:30 pm »
a couple of months ago, I and the president of of our club, Big Rubbers Custom 4x4 club, had a meeting with State Senator John Wozniak,( Johnstown area), we were there gaining his support for some things that our club is working on, which we garnered, and at the end of the meeting I mentioned this airport and what happened to Paragon, and he said " it will never happen, the state won't approve the funds for it" he went on to say " we already have an airport, that is not currently being used.  that we would be willing to give them" as we spoke, I found out that there is not really any support in the state government to support this airport. Sadly, in speaking with Kyle recently, he said that they are moving on and are looking to secure at least 1500 acres elsewhere in Pa. to re-open PARAGON. Those local politicians really screwed up a good thing for all of us.

Bear

92YJ

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2008, 02:30:41 pm »

Papabear,

I agree.   That's why each one of us has to do what ever we can to prevent this from happening other places.  Individual voices and letters do make a difference.
Mark Earhart
92 YJ
46 CJ-2A
01 Cherokee Limited
86 CJ-7

SilverSurferJK

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2008, 02:09:39 pm »
I live near the property and all communities involved are against an airport. My community of East Union Twp. even went as far as to pass a no fly zone ordinance throughout our entire twp. airspace.  The only provisions would be for Medevac.  I don't believe they succeeded but it was worth a try.  As of what my twp. supervisors say.. the project should not be coming to the area. 

Now that I finally have a Jeep  Paragon is gone.  We still have Rausch Creek tho.