Author Topic: Body Mounts  (Read 6960 times)

Joe

• View Profile
Body Mounts
« on: January 27, 2008, 05:29:49 pm »
  My HEEP is sitting on jacks in my driveway.  Tried putting a 1" Daystar bodylift on my YJ, sprayed everything down let it sit and then I snapped the first bolt.  I got all but 2 bolts out of the passenger-side, and loosened up the driver-side.    Now the 2 bolts I couldn't get out are loose but only spin,  should I cut them off ?  If I cut will I still be able to tighten the new bolts?  How do I get out the bolt that I broke? 

Joe Barnhart

cjbroke

Re: Body Mounts
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 08:15:57 am »
Cut a hole in the floor pan.

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 08:58:58 am »
Oh yeah, I remember clearly installing my 2" body lift on my CJ
Only two came out clean, leaving me to cut them out. The welded nut above the channel broke loose. I cut the channel out and replaced it, then used standard hardware. The four in the back and the four under the seats I drilled through the floor pan as cjbroke stated.
Do Your Duty And History Will Do You Justice...!
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...

chasm

• Blonde / Bomber...
    • View Profile
    • JeepChasm
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 03:46:32 pm »
Sounds like it's time for the "flame wrench"! ;)
Mike Hardesty aka: "chasm"
'51 CJ3A: Restored Garage Queen
'83 CJ8 Scrambler: To Do List...
'93 YJ: 2.5" R.E. lift, 31" Swamper SSR's, Olympic Rock bumper, smashed Stainless exhaust, U-bolt skids, Warn M-8000 winch.
'08 Liberty: (wife's DD)

Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 06:20:39 pm »
  My plan is to use a sheet metal hole saw, we use them at work for rain gutters.  Thing is I really don't want any more drain holes ;).  Should I just sawzall the bolts, and drill the new hole, or be a aliitle more deliberate?   Meaning, I don't want to have a bunch of holes to patch.  I have all day tuesday to work on this.
Joe Barnhart

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 11:43:59 pm »
Where I had to go through the floor pan, I used a torch on the bolt and removed it with minimal enlargement of the hole. Then drilled the hole clean and placed a sizable bolt through. Once drawn tight off went the excessive threads of the bolt. Two of those new bolts also act as anchors for the seat brackets. Yep, killed two birds with one stone I did.
Do Your Duty And History Will Do You Justice...!
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...