Author Topic: 4" suspension lifted CJ7.....what shocks????!!!  (Read 6793 times)

jeeperwannabe

• View Profile
4" suspension lifted CJ7.....what shocks????!!!
« on: January 24, 2008, 05:34:37 pm »
Just installed a SkyJacker 4" lift on the wifes CJ7. In reading up on their shocks, most people suggested to get something else other than the SkyJacker shocks due to them being very stiff.

Now years ago Rancho offered the right shock for this amount of lift. But now I can't find them anywhere.
They were the best riding shock back then for this lift. So do they offer them anymore? Or what happened?
What should I do? I went ahead and purchased the longest Rancho5000's for CJ that I could but I can all but get them on the mounts. They are about a 1/4" too short to even install, let alone travel in length further.

Anyone running Rancho shocks with 4" suspension lift on a CJ????

Help!  >:(

CJ8Ted

• View Profile
Re: 4" suspension lifted CJ7.....what shocks????!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 05:41:56 pm »
Sorry, I dont know about "Rancho's"
I'm running BDS shocks that I got at Hokes, they are on a RE 4.5" kit.
Ted
85' CJ8 on 33s w/ 4.56s

Scott Drawbaugh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 07:07:57 pm »
I have the Rancho RS 9000 XL series adjustables, and they seem to perform great on and off pavement... The adjustability for condions is great, You can even mount an in the cab control for these shocks.... See the guys at Hoak's they are great...
Live for today as tomorrow is not promised

jeeperwannabe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 10:27:01 pm »
so now i'm looking at BDS and this other company Doetsch Tech.... things are different now days!

cjbroke

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 08:20:49 am »
To get the correct length, you really should measure your max compression and extension.  Unless it's a street queen, then close enough will do.