Annual Jeep Show > 13th Annual (2008)

Thank you PA Jeeps.

<< < (4/11) > >>

billiejf:
Of course my husband was the tall guy with glasses and curly hair - he was the announcer.  Obviously, I have some hostility when my husband is publicly berated for doing nothing but his best as a volunteer to help this club.  That is the only reason I even responded to these posts and PM'd you.  I've stated my opinion to you both publicly and privately.  I'm done and will not comment further.  I suppose we can agree to disagree with the manner in which opinions are stated.  Respectfully, Billie Jeanne Fish

Keith:
Wow! Gotta say that some of these posts sure touch a nerve. But let me say Thank You to all that helped with the Show.

Thank you for your time and energy.

Many fail to realize the amount of time and effort something like this takes. Over the years, I too have felt the brunt of criticism over something I have put my heart and soul into. Do not let these people bring you down.

As for the time of year I may have a little insight into that. It is hard to change weekends because of the schedule at the Fair Grounds. They are in the business of renting these areas out and unless there is an open weekend you can not change it. In addition if you think about spring and fall, the weather is a lot more unsettled. There would be a much better chance of rain. While I didn't enjoy the heat, it was much better than a rainy weekend. Rain would have been cooler, but I bet a lot more would have stayed home.

I want to offer a special thanks to the Officers of the Club. I have been there and done that, I understand that amount of time you give.

Thanks,

Keith Weire

Since I started composing this post another post was added. I would just like ignore the negative and work towards solutions for next show.

Jeepnharleymomma:
I want to THANK the Jeep Show Chairman for spending ALL year and All his free time planning what I think is the best Jeep Show in the USA! He will have a week of family time then start planning for 2009.

I wish to THANK all the vendors that attended the show. I know the economy isn't the best right now but they still attended. That says something.

I wish to THANK all the volunteers that worked in the heat for 3 days to make this show run. Some of them use their vacation time to come work for free in the hot, humid days of July. Some of them don't even get to take the time to see the show and I don't ever hear any complaining from them.

I wish to THANK our president for making announcements all day, making sure everything is running as planned and taking care of any problems that arise during the show. Hopefully he will regain his voice soon.

I wish to THANK all the soldiers who are away from their home and families, working in the heat constantly so back here in the U.S. we can have a Jeep Show.

Now for those who didn't have a good time I am sorry, if it was that bad don't come back, thanks for your comments we know some people just like to complain and spend their whole life being negative. Sorry we cannot please everyone.

To rebeljeeper: I don't know why you are even complaining you sent me an email or a pm wanting to help, yet never did. Maybe an extra hand could have helped.

To jpwrangler2006: If someone is bashing you in a pm form, don't assume that on a public forum that has members from all over that it is a paying member of the PA Jeeps club. I would also like to see these Pm's and I will be contacting Charlie to verify what you said. I don't know why people would bash you for no reason and no one else has ever complained of this problem. Feel free to email me.

M + M Jeep:

I just got home from the Fairgrounds and read these comments.  I'm going to take a nap now.   W.

PS   Rick, keep it professional please   ;D

Gonzo03TJ:
Ok, i wasn't trying to berate anyone or the club what i posted was just my opinion, the volunteers did their jobs well and as far as the raffle goes i was just thinking all the little private conversations and jokes between each raffle could of been done without, the only thing i really disagreed with was having project red dragon there. how is that fair to all the other service peoples who also jeep who are building jeep projects to have the one group there begging for money for this marines' jeep, I know i attended the show with a few service men and it took all they could do from saying something to the people at the booth when they were begging for money. I also know the weather isn't in the control of the club but things can be done to help out when its hot. heck i didn't even see any medical personal there to help if someone had heat exhaustion. Cooling/Misting tents should definitely be used next year. also i will be thinking about joining PA Jeeps so i can come help with the show next year

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version