PA Jeeps Club Forum > Introductions

New guy here from CePA

(1/2) > >>

soncjet:
Hey all.  just getting back into things in the Jeep world.  I picked up a cheap ZJ a few months back to use mainly as a daily commuter.... 

nothing spectacular by any means... 97 with a 4.0 and selectrac.  it's been pretty much reliable with nearly 200k on the clock.  some cosmetics like door hinges, and needing all the lights replaces are the big things, i've just never had enough motivation to do much to it other than get in and drive it.

lately though, i've had the urge to try and clean up the rough edges a bit, and make it a bit more presentable.

several years back, my wife had another 97 zj as well.  we ended up selling it before we did too much to it.  the VC was starting to go south in it, and rather than dump alot of money into it, she just wanted something bigger and different.  oh well.  live and learn i guess.

somewhere inbetween the jeeps... i got into VW's (still am) and had a dozen or so, 3 of which we still have.  my wife dailies a modified passat wagon, i have a project aircooled beetle i've been tinkering with for the last 20+ years, and my summer toy, an 85 jetta with a few things done to it.

so bear with me as i get back into this whole "Jeep thing" again.  ;D

Brian

(Tattoo) Jack:

Welcome aboard.

Replacing lights... Do ya mean the head lights cause the lenses are hazed/discolored? There are kits to solve that.

Jack

soncjet:
Thanks!

as far as the lights.... i could live with the fogging.  its the fishbowl on the drivers side (holds about 1/2" of water when it rains).  the wood shims to somewhat keep the lights in place, the fact that the drivers side headlight can move around about an inch.  the whole passengers side light setup is held together with wood shims and some sort of silicone/goop/caulking.

apparently the p.o. hit something to mess up both lights, and the pass. side fender.  i just havent gotten around to wanting to do much with them yet, but will soon.

hillbilly:
welcome to the forum, and all Jeeps have to start somewhere. it might help to put youre name and location up, you might have afellow jeeper living close enough to give you a hand or cheap parts.

Death Wobble:
Hi, how's it going?  Some of us have built Jeeps, others don't.  If you'd like to check us out, we're having a meeting in York on Sunday the 8th at noon.  The next one is on Sunday, Feb. 12.  Always nice to meet fellow Jeepers!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version