Author Topic: YJ Lift question  (Read 11046 times)

YJ Paco

YJ Lift question
« on: March 06, 2008, 10:33:16 am »
I want to lift my YJ 2" purelly for looks. It is my daily driver. I can not find any recomendations or reviews that agree on a lift or what to do with that lift. Please dont trash me for wanting to raise the Jeep for road use. I love my jeep, had it since birth and to make it look better. WOuld appreciate any info.

Thanks..

STEVIESYJ

• View Profile
Re: YJ Lift question
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 11:01:42 am »
If only for looks why not do a body lift???
Always a work in progress!!  Build, break, repeat!!
5" BDS lift 37"'s ARB Belly-Up Almost Done!!!! (For Now!!!)

cjthing

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 11:22:05 am »
Why not do one of these http://www.quadratec.com/products/16064_301.htm  I've had it on for over a year and it still rides good and it handles great.  The nose dive was werid at first but I don't even notice it.  You can fit 31's for the look.  If yopu want more you can always do a daystar 1" body lift with the body mounts.  Most YJ's need new body mounts by this time anyway.

cjthing

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 11:24:34 am »
Why not do one of these http://www.quadratec.com/products/16064_301.htm  I've had it on for over a year and it still rides good and it handles great.  The nose dive was werid at first but I don't even notice it.  You can fit 31's for the look.

YJ Paco

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 11:36:11 am »
yOU GUYS ARE AWSOME... Thanks for the replys...Think I will do the 2" lift and the 1" body lift. What do you guys think of BDS lift kits? and is there anything else I should do in additon to the lift to keep it a good ride?

thanks..Paulo

STEVIESYJ

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 04:55:54 pm »
If you go with a lift and you don't wanna lower the belly pan do the motor mount lift it helps with drive line angles!!
Always a work in progress!!  Build, break, repeat!!
5" BDS lift 37"'s ARB Belly-Up Almost Done!!!! (For Now!!!)

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 12:15:34 am »
BDS will be the LAST suspension lift you EVER buy...Lifetime Guarantee NO matter what you do to it. I have one on my CJ and am VERY HAPPY with it.

BTW- I WILL hook you up with a contact for purchasing a BDS kit. PM me for the details.
YOU won't be disappointed I assure you.
Do Your Duty And History Will Do You Justice...!
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...

chasm

• Blonde / Bomber...
    • View Profile
    • JeepChasm
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2008, 04:11:36 pm »
I've been very happy with the Rubicon Express 2.5" lift I installed on the '93 YJ. It's a back-up daily driver, but our Events Director Jenn will attest to the fact that it does a decent job on green & blue trails with 31" All Terrains. I have photos and info. on the install over at my website in case you are interested. Feel free to PM me or send an e-mail and I will give you my 2 cents! ;D

There are a lot of good products out there and there are plenty of opinions too... I don't believe that any of the PA Jeeps Club members will steer you in a bad direction!

Checking out the forum is a good place to get some answers and, occasionally, some abuse! ;)
Mike Hardesty aka: "chasm"
'51 CJ3A: Restored Garage Queen
'83 CJ8 Scrambler: To Do List...
'93 YJ: 2.5" R.E. lift, 31" Swamper SSR's, Olympic Rock bumper, smashed Stainless exhaust, U-bolt skids, Warn M-8000 winch.
'08 Liberty: (wife's DD)

aven2rus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2008, 12:02:05 pm »
Skyjacker has an outstanding ride and are lifetime warrenty as well. The springs have teflon sliders between all leaf, full length taperred, US steel and shot peened for durability.

They also cycle every leaf sping they make 600 times to set the spring insuring it is not going to fail.

I run the 4" and very happy with the ride.

obijon

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2008, 04:10:24 pm »
Old Man Emu makes a great lift also - very nice riding springs, you can get them tailored to your jeeps weight (ya know, if you have lots of heavy stuff - winch, tire carrier, etc.))  made by ARB - check out the website...

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2008, 09:46:55 pm »
Superlift ownes "Ole Man Emu" rights now I believe...?
Excellent kits too
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...

obijon

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2008, 06:46:36 pm »
nope - i just got a new ARB catalog in the mail about a week ago - emu stuff starts on page 40. www.arbusa.com

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2008, 11:50:13 pm »
Well, ain't that just "skippy"...Superlift dumped that pretty quick.

Joe Giglio

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2008, 08:03:26 am »
I agree with Chasm. I recommend the RE 2.5" extreme lift. I use 93 YJ as a daily driver and have run green, blue and black trails with no issues. At least no issues asscociated with the lift. This lift actually lifted the Jeep 4".

Joe