Author Topic: TJ Exhaust Manifold  (Read 7329 times)

BennyLT

• View Profile
TJ Exhaust Manifold
« on: October 25, 2010, 03:20:37 pm »
A friend of mine just found that he has a cracked exhaust manifold on his 2003 wrangler X (it has a 2.4L that they apparently only used for that one year)

He has called every supplier we can think of but they all say the manifolds are in indefinite back order.  So no one has one, and they don’t know when they can get one.

Does anyone know if there is any aftermarket header that would work as a replacement?
89 YJ - work in process
4.2L - bored 60 over - tow cam
Jasper auto trans
Still needs some things to be done before she is ready for the road/trail.

hillbilly

• adam lewis - appalachian american - B.O.D.
    • View Profile
Re: TJ Exhaust Manifold
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 05:53:18 pm »
what about an older version 4 cyl from a yj or xj?
build it, beat it, break it, fix it, repeat
A member of the church requests to be buried in his jeep because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."
   91 xj 8.5" lift -33" x 12.50 and my own additions
 94 xj (wifes) 3.5" lift and the boys 1979 cj7

BennyLT

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 09:07:00 am »
what about an older version 4 cyl from a yj or xj?

I wish I knew.  I cant seem to find any information about fitment from any other years.  It seems that the 2.4l was picked up and dropped so quickly, it's almost like it never existed. 
89 YJ - work in process
4.2L - bored 60 over - tow cam
Jasper auto trans
Still needs some things to be done before she is ready for the road/trail.

Rusty XJ

• Rickie Wilson Jr.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 07:44:31 pm »
I had mine welded for my 88 XJ when it cracked. Probably his best bet in this situation depending on where it's cracked.
Rick Wilson Jr.
Is that DEATH WOBBLE or did we just enter Pennsylvania?
'95 XJ 2 Door, 4.0, 5spd, 7" random lift, 35x12.5 BFG ATs, 4.56 gears, Dana 44 Mini-spooled, Dana 30 w/ Detroit Truetrac and manual hubs, Bushwacker Flares, Warrior Front Bumper, JCR Rear Bumper, etc etc...

hillbilly

• adam lewis - appalachian american - B.O.D.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 09:14:26 pm »
yeah we welded the one on my 4.0 at the infamous cracking area. and also placed a reenforcement weld across the 3 and 4 tube.
build it, beat it, break it, fix it, repeat
A member of the church requests to be buried in his jeep because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."
   91 xj 8.5" lift -33" x 12.50 and my own additions
 94 xj (wifes) 3.5" lift and the boys 1979 cj7

j.haffly

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2010, 08:28:15 am »
2.4....you shouldnt have a problem finding one....It was used on the 97 TJ's but not sure for how longer after that....not sure about fitment....I know that after 2000 stuff from the previous TJ's werent able to bolt straight up on the new ones....

You might try a junkyard....there's a great one up near Chambersburg that I used when we lived in MD....cant remember the name....found a rear door for the TJ for $100 when everything and I mean everything online was $200+....the guy helping me in the yard told me the owner had no clue about Jeeps and the value of good used parts for them....
Jim "I'm Jonesing for some off-roading" Haffly