Author Topic: Other axel question for xj to zj.  (Read 5305 times)

Jeeperjoey

Other axel question for xj to zj.
« on: February 09, 2008, 04:35:17 pm »
Since Rick told me the xj dana 30 is better than the zj dana 30 , I have found an xj dana 30 with high pinion and 354 gears. He also has rear dana 44 out of the xj . Told me 150 for both but an axel in 44  rear might be bent.  Is that good price, front should be bolt in, it is not vacum operated.  Does some one make a kit to for the rear brackets to put in my zj ?  Thanks.  Joe

obijon

Re: Other axel question for xj to zj.
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 04:44:28 pm »
  Thats not a bad price if the 44's good - pull the axles and check em out, make sure the housing isnt bent. as far as a kit goes, im not sure, but you can get all the pieces you need from places like Currie Enterprises or Poison Spyder customs. between them, you can get whatever pieces you need... hows your welding skills???   ;)

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 05:21:16 pm »
$150.00 for both is a deal. Even if you need an axle shaft, you'll not be bad off. As Obijon stated, pull the axle if your able to before buying. I'm NO expert, but how do you "bend" a shaft without other damage? Like the axle tube or carrier damage. Anyone else care to chime in? I'd lean more towards carrier issues than the tube since there is "some" room inside the axle tube.
Do Your Duty And History Will Do You Justice...!
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...

Jeeperjoey

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 05:37:22 pm »
he said it may have been the wheel, said it wobbled. I figured since it wobbled , it was definitaly not the housing bent. I think i'll get them and let rick put them in for me. LOL  Seriosly though, I guess i will get them.    Is the danna 44 out of the xj better  or worse than the dana 44 in my zj which is the 44HD with aluminum housing.
Thanks

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2008, 07:30:08 pm »
Aluminum -versus- cast steel......C'mon
Do Your Duty And History Will Do You Justice...!
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...