Author Topic: ROLL CAGES!!!  (Read 8120 times)

88YJDIPSHT

ROLL CAGES!!!
« on: February 14, 2008, 01:35:02 pm »
Im looking to start building mine for my Yj and i just wanted to see some of yalls and know what you made yours out of.

Chris "Hollywood" Borkowski

• B.O.D.
    • View Profile
Re: ROLL CAGES!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 04:46:58 pm »
Try Poison Spyder. I have the Trail Cage and it is a good setup. Here is the link to the Trail Cages.

https://www.spydercustoms.com/index2.php
Chris Borkowski
'05 Grinch Green Rubicon
Too much to say but will put it simply,
"He's just on steroids"
2011 Ford F-350 SD DD/Tow Rig

BamBam

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 01:36:56 am »
I have Poison Spiders Customes full cage. 
Some don't like their 'non thru the dash design', but I don't see any issues.  There are a couple pictures and talks of PSC's poor design out on the web.  In the end PSC 's cage 'failures' have come as a result of inproper installs (windshields down, not fully welded, not using the gussetts), not their set up.  Be sure to have a person weld it in that knows what their doing --- understands cages and is cert welder.

Mike at App Offroad in Westminster MD,  And Zach of A to Z Fab in (someplace) PA make good products.

Be ready to pay $1200-1500 for a decent cage.  Decide what you want before the buying begins.  Save up and do it right the first time.  Although my current cage is not attached to the frame, nor are my seats tied in...these are things I can do later, in steps ...and still feel safe in. 

From Ted after RC run----
Jack: A CJ is not a Wrangler and a X-Tara is not an XJ. ::)
He can drive but he don't know "jack" about JEEPS. ;D

miljeep

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 10:29:46 pm »
I just got the bolt on cage from Rockhard4x4 with the floor mounts and frame tie-in kit.  Took two days to install and seems to work really well, how well?  Hope I never find out.

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 10:57:26 pm »
I have a similar one miljeep that has been tested and proven "safe". Clair Kauffman (Club Treasurer) can testify to that. All he got were the "aftermath" photos though, no video. I started it up and drove to the staging area. I rank that as being SAFE.
Do Your Duty And History Will Do You Justice...!
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...