Author Topic: Driveshaft  (Read 5256 times)

Rusty XJ

• Rickie Wilson Jr.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Driveshaft
« on: February 10, 2008, 10:47:41 pm »
Alright, I got my Dana 44 now I need to know whether a shorter driveshaft is in order? I have a Chrysler 8.25 now, 4.5" of lift, 1" transfer case drop, and a 5 speed w/ Selec-Trac transfer case. Anyone else out there had any problems with the same drivesaft being used? Or will the fact that I have the lift make up for the fact that the driveshaft is longer than the one from the Dana 44? I have a little while til I put the Dana 44 in because I am gonna replace the seals and brakes and clean it up. Any information on the subject would be nice. When I searched google a bit all the articles I found say, "You might need to change your diveshaft."
Rick Wilson Jr.
Is that DEATH WOBBLE or did we just enter Pennsylvania?
'95 XJ 2 Door, 4.0, 5spd, 7" random lift, 35x12.5 BFG ATs, 4.56 gears, Dana 44 Mini-spooled, Dana 30 w/ Detroit Truetrac and manual hubs, Bushwacker Flares, Warrior Front Bumper, JCR Rear Bumper, etc etc...

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
Re: Driveshaft
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 01:25:04 am »
Yes, you might have to lengthen your driveshaft. They inform you of possible modifications to it because you really can't tell until the swap is done. A machine shop can hook you up. Center yoke-to-center yoke measurement is needed, had many shortened and lengthened over the years. Measure three times...get the work done once.
Do Your Duty And History Will Do You Justice...!
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...

cjbroke

Re: Driveshaft
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 07:59:10 am »
... Center yoke-to-center yoke measurement is needed, had many shortened and lengthened over the years. Measure three times...get the work done once.

What he said.