Author Topic: Couple (potentially) questions to close out -  (Read 4916 times)

SteveTheFolkie

• To live is to fly, all alone and high
    • View Profile
    • Steves music site
Couple (potentially) questions to close out -
« on: August 23, 2008, 06:15:03 pm »
Ok - just got myself a '94 YJ 4cyl automatic -

Q1:  Checking the transfer case fluid level - is it the bolt between the output shaft and the tcase id tag?  If NOT then where the heck is it?  I can HEAR the tcase when I'm driving and presume that it needs some fluid added - never mind - already figured it out - but what size is that sucker - it's bigger than 1" (the largest socket in my set) Never mind - just found out it's 30mm

Q2: What do I put into the danged thing???  90W, 80W???? again - never mind - takes ATF

Q3:  when I FIRST start the Jeep and put it in reverse I get a whirring/light grinding sound - is this terminal for the slushbox?  Fluid level seems fine - after 20 min. of driving there's no noise going into reverse - apparently attributed to the t-case being 1PT low oin fluid - no more issues

Thanks much in advance -

Steve
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 02:24:24 pm by SteveTheFolkie »

Rick_Bear

• Jeep Show Chairman
    • View Profile
Re: Couple (potentially) questions to close out -
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 11:34:14 pm »
I was going to answer your questions tonight since I spent some time with a co-worker down the street diagnosing her 90' YJ. Damn large metrics......Drained what little was left and filled the ATF in her, runs like a champ. Friday I'll change out those worn out, sloppy drive shaft u-joints for them. The things I do for FREE beer  ;)
Do Your Duty And History Will Do You Justice...!
06' Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, Clayton 4" Long Arm Suspension, Clayton Full Skid Plates, AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders, AtoZ Fabrication Cage Addition and More modifications to come...